About peptide C

nancyaidee's profile photo   09/09/2015 9:36 p.m.

Hello, if the C peptide level is high, does that mean that I am a candidate to use insulin?Thank you

nancyaidee's profile photo
nancyaidee
09/09/2015 9:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

hello, if the peptide level C is high that means that I am a candidate to use insulin?Thanks

nancyaidee's profile photo
nancyaidee
09/09/2015 9:36 p.m.

If the C peptide level is high is that you have type 2 diabetes. Your beta cells are working hard and secrete a lot of insulin to be able to metabolize all the sugar you have in blood, the problem is that your body is insulin resistant and cannotuse it.So I don't think the treatment they put on is more insulin.It is usually treated with oral antidiabetics that act at the level of the muscles inhibiting their insulin resistance ... but in the long run, over time, insulin overproduction can exhaust the pancreas, and that it stops segregating insulin.At that point of type 2 diabetes is when there is no remedy to interact it.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
09/09/2015 10:40 p.m.

I debuted with C peptide of 2, and sugar disorder was seen due to the glucose curve.An endocrine wanted to put metformin, I was clear that mine was a 1, a rare without antibodies but a 1. That's why I preferred insulin.I punctuate only slowly and I take care of me now 4 years later I have a little less than half.And I continue with the 8 of Lantus.It has compensated me.Value the rest of your parameters well, how much you have and that if it is decreasing at what speed.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
09/10/2015 11:11 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.