{'en': 'Uncontrol after stopping atorvastatin', 'es': 'Descontrol tras dejar de tomar atorvastatina'} Image

Uncontrol after stopping atorvastatin

bambi13's profile photo   06/10/2013 11:53 a.m.

I had been taking atorvastatin 10 for 4 years that, according to the endocrine, although I did not have high cholesterol, it would help me to regulate glucose.

Well, leg and arms pain began to be unbearable.I go from Monday to Friday to the gym and do enough anaerobic exercise and lately after doing a spinning class I could hardly walk through the pain he had on his legs.

About 8 months ago I started counting carbohydrates and glycosilada lowered me from 7.8 to 7.3 and now I had a better glucose control. All this taking the cholesterol pill.

1 and a half ago the endocrine took it out because he told me that it was the one that caused me the pains in legs and arms.

I keep telling the hydrates but they give me dirts at 2 and a half hours to eat. Everything was to stop taking the atorvastatin

What is happening to me?

bambi13's profile photo
bambi13
06/10/2013 11:53 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

ESOOOO, what does statins have to do for blood glucose control?

What happens with the statins is that the coenzymeq10 decreases and increases the production of lactic acid.
Simpler: Taking the atorvastatin you tired before, you would take less exercise and the pains were caused by the pill.

But I have never read that a statin is prescribed to improve blood glucose.
Much less in someone under 40, who practices exercising regularly, has a normal BMI (I suppose) and its cholesterol figures are normal ...

As for the dowers.
Have you lost?
You have to adjust Lantus or Novorapid dose, if you have lost weight.

The dowers are always after exercising?
You already know that the muscles continue to consume glucose several hours after finishing an exercise.
Putting slow absorption hydrates after exercise is a good measure.

You should increase the number of glycemia controls (at least before and after each meal), point everything you do, everything you eat and the insulin doses you wear.
With the data of 1 week, you would have to have enough to find a pattern or response to the downturn.

Tell us to see how you are going.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/10/2013 2:33 p.m.

It also seemed strange to me to say that it would help me control the sugar but good.All you say is what happened to me.A lot of leg pain and was very tired.The hostesses could last 5 days.
About 8 months ago they taught me to count hydrates and glucose levels, throughout the day they were very acceptable and better than before but the pain followed.They made me the last analytics a month and a half ago, I lowered my glycosilada and took out the atorvastatin to see if the pains were leaving.I still do the same controls and taking more or less the same hydrates but I find it more difficult to control it.They give me dirty at 2 and a half hours to eat and in the morning, when I took the pill I had to click less because I made insulin more effect at that time and now without the pill it seems that what I punctuate does not reach me,A high tad came before eating and on other occasions I arrived with downturn.Always breakfast 4.5 rations
I do not know if it will have to spend time for my body to accept that I am not tory atorvastatin

bambi13's profile photo
bambi13
06/10/2013 5:08 p.m.

I am not surprised about the hostels, lactic acid bursts the muscles ...
Try to run 400 meters to the top .... You will see how your legs hurt before reaching 300;Lactic acid accumulates in muscles with intense effort.
That is why 400 and 800 are the most difficult and more physical athletics tests.

I am not a doctor and I can make mistakes, but atorvastatin has nothing to do with glycemia
And in any case, its effect must be eliminated in a few days in the urine.

So you must look for the explanations leaving aside the pill
Although on many occasions, there are no explanations, things and the body change
You have to adapt and point.

DiabetesForo
06/10/2013 5:28 p.m.

Thank you very much for the answers.I will try to perform more controls and find a solution

bambi13's profile photo
bambi13
06/10/2013 5:39 p.m.

Good morning.

I also prescribed the atorvastatin of 10. I have an BMI within normality and I do not have the high cholesterol but it still sent me the endocrine.The explanation they gave me is that although it is within normality, you have to be below in cholesterol rates because the complications that high cholesterol has for diabetics is greater than for the rest.
I have stopped taking it about four months but not because the endocrine does not believe that I need it but because I want to have a baby and I cannot take it.I have not noticed anything, I tire the same as before and I have not noticed anything strange or physically or at the level of regulating my glucose levels.

LADA's profile photo
LADA
06/17/2013 4:15 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1
Levemir 12
Novorapid 3-4-4
Última hemo 5,8

Hello.

I also prescribed my endocrine pills for cholesterol, even though I was not tall.Crestor 5 prescribed me and as it is very expensive, I told him to prescribe some that were cheap or cheaper;He told me no, that these are better and damage the liver less than the others, that it was like comparing a Seat 600 with a Mercedes ....

The truth is that they are doing very well and I don't notice anything bad with them.

Greetings.

seghom's profile photo
seghom
06/17/2013 7:25 a.m.

I also prescribed pills lipitor but I do very well and without any negative affections.

juansuso10's profile photo
juansuso10
01/17/2015 9:21 a.m.

They sent me, with the same purpose, to have cholesterol levels below 100, in the diabetics it must be so, 80 atorvastatin of 80. I also seemed somewhat expensive, and its taking continuously taxed.They changed me to 2 mg (Pitavastatin) alpza, telling me that they are better statins for us diabetics.It is still face, and in those we are.

Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
04/17/2016 1:30 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

I had not seen this thread, I got to take atorvastatin 40 mg without taking fat, until one day the levels kept leaving me high, and ended my life without doing sports.Since I started doing sports I don't take them anymore.Decontrol for leaving them none I managed to change the pills for sport, it is hard to play sports with this backpack is true but the benefits are many.
When one fights the reward always is there.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/17/2016 11:11 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hello, I am new in the forum and I am looking for information since I recently have cholesterol.I have gone to the doctor and I am a little worried, can anyone tell me something about the BV Protector Al-Protector?Thanks for answering.all the best.

DiabetesForo
08/17/2016 11:40 a.m.

Personally it gave me good results, I told me why I already have controlled cholesterol, I recommend those pills to my relatives so I hope you are doing very well, bs.

julia00's profile photo
julia00
08/29/2016 1:40 p.m.

Thank you for answering, how long were you taken those pills?How are the results?Any contraindication?

DiabetesForo
08/31/2016 3:38 p.m.

I have been taking 20 mg and now 40 mg for cholesterol for 10 years because I have renal failure and high cholesterol is one of the side effects and has not helped me control blood cells at all xD

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
02/05/2017 12:26 p.m.

I spent 10 years taking unvattine for cholesterol, and less bad than 11 months ago I left that drug and all those I took for diabetes and complications that the recipes say, about the unvattine had some bestial muscle pains, things were forgotten, they sent me to walk and I could not walk 100 meters in a row, some cramps at night in the twins that you cannot imagine, once consulting a pharmaceutical friend told me that what could cause those cramps would be, the lack of potassium, the lack of potassium,I gave myself a tube with tablets similar to the classic Roche of a lifetime with orange flavor, and the cramps disappeared, so I thought that all this would be caused by statin (Sinvastatin), and I stopped taking it three daysIts effect, I began to improve and started to drink water with lemon in the morning and a tablespoon of magnesium, and finally I began to walk, since before I saw myself in a wheelchair, there are many studies on the damage caused by statins onlyIt is to look about the deception of cholesterol and statins and many entrances will come out, I left them and I am a lot better and chance the cholesterol is going down alone, the lack of coencima q-10 that is the one that crushes the statin, can take you to diseases ofVascular risk in even statin produces diabetes in 52 % of patients who take it, it also gives cognitive memory problems, being able to reach Alzheimer's.Be careful with this drug, it is a deception, the side effects are greater than the benefits, it cannot be counted as a benefit or 1 %, they tell you that you live more there is a study than those who lived more than one group of about 13000 patients, just lived one day or two more, is it worth having the poor quality of life that statin gives you for living just one or two days?All the best
11 months already without medications without insulin without carbohydrates, eating good ribs, needle chops, chorizo, avocados, coconut oil and others, the controls in general approaching those of a normal person, do not be fooled by new traditionalists,They stopped attending me for not taking their poisons (drugs), but they didn't wantI won a beautiful time that I had to lose to go to the hospital, so that instead of healing I got more ill.

Jose María Recio's profile photo
Jose María Recio
03/07/2018 1:38 a.m.

You can inform yourself about the damage of the statins and the deception of cholesterol on this page written by a Spanish pediatrician who works in a hospital in the Aragonese Pyrenees, has more than 16 million visitors.
Link

Jose María Recio
03/07/2018 1:44 a.m.

One of the many side effects of medication to reduce cholesterol levels -Estatines- is that they inhibit the production of Coenzyme Q10 in the body in 100% of patients.Being the COQ10 essential for cardiovascular health, its deficiency weakens the heart.Ironically, instead of reducing heart risk, cholesterol medication increases it.In this case the remedy is worse than the disease.

Statins affect brain function causing problems of memory, disorientation, confusion, oblivion and in some cases amnesia and sudden memory loss.2. They also increase the risk of cancer.3.
More information about cholesterol medication

References to the dangers of medication to lower cholesterol

1. Fallon, S. and Mary Enig.Dangers of Statin Drugs: What You Haven’t Been Told About Popular Cholesterol-Lowering Medicines.The Weston A. Price Foundation

2. Sudden Memory Loss Linked to Cholesterol Drugs.Article published in Mercola.com

3. Statins and cancer.Article published in Mercola.com
Second part of the article: statins and cancer

4. "Do Cholesterol Drugs do Any Good?"Businessweek.com, January 17, 2008

4. Statins, degenerative neuromuscular and anotrophic lateral Sclerosis-Like syndrome.Drug Safety, Volume 30, Number 6, 2007, pp.515-525 (11)

The Tristre Reality on this "wonderful medication" in which millions have deposited their trust by Dr. Stephanie Seneff.
The side effects of statin medications can be easily poorly diagnosed as health problems not related to statins, which leads to treatments with unnecessary medications or surgeries.
It is well known that statins cause muscle and nervous damage, and are contraindicated during pregnancy due to the high risk of birth defects.They can also cause other pathologies such as Alzheimer's, diabetes, cardiac arrest, amnesia, pneumonia ...

Link

Jose María Recio
03/07/2018 3:20 a.m.

Atorvastatin also prescribed me since I debuted as type 1 diabetic two months ago.I will turn 25 at all.All doctors tell me that I am very young to have high cholesterol, but I don't like the side effects of these pills.The problem is that I have a breath in my heart and in theory atorvastatin reduces the risk of heart attacks.I have dropped 10 kg of weight in these two months, I am taking great care of food and exercise.I don't know, I am considering not taking statins and trying with Danacol or something that is more natural ..

Dixon's profile photo
Dixon
03/08/2018 5:10 a.m.

ECA 1 and 2 inhibitor statins, it was discovered for a long time extracting and isolating part of the poison of a jaraca viper I think it was called.IGyzada of 7 to today I still take the position that I have left it a month or a month and has increased bad cholesterol.

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
12/25/2020 4:15 a.m.

K5288pn25.

The future of medicine and many aid and priests of chronic or unknown diseases could be in the hands of the poisons of the snakes other animals.Surprising but true.The problems of the nephron cell unity begin with the tingling and tingling of the forearms, significant symptoms of problem in the liver and necessary adjustment of treatment.I speak of me and my experience.Currently the pill for the cholesterol I take is Livazo 10 mg a protease inhibitor and what helps to protect in part before the arrival of Covid 19

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
12/25/2020 4:19 a.m.

K5288pn25.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.