Opinion about Sweelet sweeteners

HanSolo's profile photo   06/11/2013 5:07 a.m.

I tell you my sensations about these products so that it can be useful to whom it is interested in acquiring any of those sweeteners.I think I have already commented before this company (Emulift), manufacturer of the famous Sugarsol (Maltitol) that many have bought them during these years.Despite being a company aimed at wholesale, not long ago they have finally decided to retail and have created a website from which they sell their product range Link

I love sweetness, but I am one of those who prefer one with polyalcohols and therefore, minor IG and also some HC less.That's why I made an order several weeks ago that included the following:

- Crystallized sweetener (sugar texture) with sucralose.
- Sweetener for fiber desserts (which carries soluble and sucralous fiber).
- Sweeteners for baking desserts: one for biscuits and a specific one for muffins and muffins (I do not understand why this word is used when all the life of God has been called Magdalena), both made of polyalcohols and acesulfamo.

As for the table sweetener with fiber, it has no sweetness.And it dissolves really badly in liquids or in yogurts and the like.I talked to them on the phone and they told me that it was basically fiber and such.I told them that then they must rewrite the properties of this product, because it induces error.Why do they then say that it is a 1: 1 sweetener if it does not sweeten like sugar in weight?In the end.My personal opinion is that as a sweetener it is not worth it.

Regarding the sweetener for crystallized desserts with sucralose, excellent.Both in sweetness and in texture, it seems that you have cast yogurt sugar or strawberry shake.I loved it.totally recommended.It has a 1: 1 ratio with sugar, but only a calorie per gram, against 4 of sucrose.To curl the curl, its glycemic index is only 10.

Maltitol's biscuits sweetener has a specific formulation for this type of desserts.Relationship 1: 1 with sugar, which means that to make an oven dessert, you just have to replace the amount of sugar required, with the same amount of this sweetener product.The cake rises wonderful.The made cake has a perfect texture, and it would only put as a paste that presents a sweetness lower than the equivalent of sucrose: you have to throw a little more sweetener in the recipe than if you did that dessert with sugar.But otherwise great.

The last sweetener (of Magdalenas) I have not tried it yet.Let's see if I put myself with it these days and do some spectacular muffins.

PS: I have a text that looks like an ad, but nothing is further from reality.I simply want you to know what I think of the different sweeteners that I have tried so far from this company, which for me is the solution to the difficulty I had so far to be able to make sugar -free oven desserts.Surely more than one were in a situation like mine.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/11/2013 5:07 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Well, I have tried them for a long time, I don't know if they will have varied in something but I didn't like it too much.The taste is not the same in my opinion that I did not feel well (gases, belly pain etc).I make muzzle from time to time and what I do is reduce sugar, I only use brown or honey sugar, and play with flours, add both wheat and speech and now white and integral rye, thus reduce the glycemic index andIn my opinion they are healthier.I consider sugar or honey healthier than any chemical sweetener.I also recognize that I am nothing sweet ehhh ......: mrgreen: so with little sugar I fix it .....

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/11/2013 11:29 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Gondurulo, what difference in carbohydrates is between a dessert made with sweetener and the same dessert with sugar?
Have you measured it?

Obviously you increase the glycemic index in the case that sugar goals, but what always brings me heading is the glycemia out of range of the 3 hours of the ultrafid.
With the pump and dual or square bolus you are well managed and does not shoot at 250 several hours later ... but still, the glucemics of desserts with flours, some fat (cream, chocolate and the like) are very complexcheck.

DiabetesForo
06/12/2013 1:30 p.m.

Owash, that's what I try to know now.The effects I have on my glycemias hours later, to see a possible "betrayal effect" like the one that the fructose -based sweets had.Polialcohols are slowly and partially absorbed in the intestine, so I understand that the passage of their HC to the blood is slow and much less appreciable than sucrose.So far what I have done is account for your HC in the insulin that I wear.If I add 100g of Maltitol, then 10 rations.As if it were sucrose, but what I have seen with the biscuits that I have done with Maltitol is that there is no immediate peak as a cake with common sugar.What I am not sure is what happens next, since the post is also influenced by the rest of the food you have eaten.

I would like to know if someone in the forum has also done things with polyalcohols and can give me his opinion about post glycemia after eating those desserts.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/13/2013 5:13 a.m.

Hello friends!

I have a Dayelet Biscuchos boat.I have only used it once, but this Sunday I plan to make a second attempt.The first experience was excellent at the texture and flavor level.Nothing to do with the disasters of previous tests with Aspartamo.The only problem I had with Dayelet: Gases.That is due to the typical laxative effects of artificial sweeteners.It affects me a lot, although other people do not or even appreciate this effect on the intestine.
On Sunday I will try to throw a little less, to see if the "side effects" improve.
If the cake portions are small, they do not have to have an exaggerated impact on glycemic control, at least in my case.

Anyway, I think you should not consider eating cake as usual.I think that in the afternoon in the afternoon, one can allow it, as a prize;But with great prudence.

Aspirante's profile photo
Aspirante
06/20/2013 9 p.m.

Debut: julio 2012 con 34 años. DM1. Novorapid: 6-8-10. Lantus: 11. Última HbA1c: 7,3 (febrero 2024).
Recordatorios de insulina SNACK & NOW.

I totally agree with you aspiring, I have given up taking food with sweeteners that are not natural, I feel fatal and I prefer a piece of sponge cake with sugar from time to time to take it sweetened.I think that sugar, if it is better of cane, or honey is much healthier, has a better flavor and eating in moderation and applying insulin is the best, but it is only my opinion;).

DiabetesForo
06/21/2013 4:23 a.m.

Well, we all agree that eating sweet is not recommended, having sugar or having polyalcohols.I do not distinguish between one and the other: both are advisable.The less sweet in the diet, the better.But given the ancestral difficulty of controlling post -praial glycemia in a diabetic, since I prefer a piece of cake that does not shoot my sugar and that their HC are partially absorbed.And I am lucky that my intestine does not experience any problem with polyalcohols.My breakfasts usually include two or four cookies, and are without sugar: only 5g.HC per cookie.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/21/2013 4:31 a.m.

Hello!The promised is debt.Today I have done the second test with Dayelet Biscuchos and today I have not had any gas problems.This time I have reduced the amount of sweetener 40% on the recipe.Logically, the cake has been a bit more compact at the texture level, but it is still pleasant and knowing sweet.

I think the next one (within 3 months or so) I will try to reduce only 25% on the recipe, so that a little more spongy comes out.

With the postpandrial no problem, it has even left lower than normal due to excess prudence!:))

If someone else is encouraged to try, who comments on their results.So we learn among all.:)

Greetings!

Aspirante
06/23/2013 7 p.m.

Debut: julio 2012 con 34 años. DM1. Novorapid: 6-8-10. Lantus: 11. Última HbA1c: 7,3 (febrero 2024).

applicant, 40% less sugar weight?That's too much.You will have left you more bland than our former Bielsa network.I have used the same weight of Maltitol as sugar in the recipe of a cake and is notoriously bland !!In equal weight with sugar, this sweetener sweetens less.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/24/2013 10:48 a.m.

Hi Gondullo and company!
Obviously the less sweetener you throw, the less sweet knows.However, to me personally that something knows a little less sweet than usual, it does not imply a big problem.Yes, I miss one more point of "fluffiness" that is lost when lowering the amount.That is why I plan to throw a little more and not be as prudent as the last time.But I already warn that with the embarrassment he is doing these days in Barcelona, ​​I do not turn on the oven or crazy.;)

Aspirante
07/29/2013 5:14 p.m.

Hello everyone, I have started using Dayelet Biscuchos (I have not tried the other versions) to bake muzzle: apam, muffin, cupcakes ... Call them as you want hehe biscuits ... and others like pancakes ... logically it is notdaily, rather weekend whims.Every measured and heavy calculating the HC and adjusting insulin, I do not notice any change in the measurements.Regarding sweetness 1: 1, it is recommended and according to the recommended recipe for density/volume/spongy before using sucralin granulate purchased in pharmacy (in proportion he sweetens the double suitable for oven and with a liquid version easy to locate in large areas), betterTaste since it is sucralous but something expensive, I use it according to the recipe.Regarding better integral flour and Gallo brand, lower glycemic index.;)

ddiabetico's profile photo
ddiabetico
11/06/2014 7:52 a.m.

Blog recetas dulces http://dulcediabetico.blogspot.co.uk/ DM1 Insulina Levemir+Humalog Debut 1988

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.