Any interaction with orfidal?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   06/21/2013 3:58 p.m.

I wanted to comment on a somewhat severe hyploglucemia (it went down to 40), which I had a few days ago and that is practically the only one I had after several months with Lantus (13 units in the morning).
Well, precisely one morning, after the measurement was rather high, about 125, I'm going to work and a quarter of an hour later on the road to the office I already feel some symptoms, and when the total hypo, dizzy, pale, etc.Luckily I have a medical center next to where they "resuscitated me."
How is that descent possible, which has never occurred and less at that time, that something high always appears and also having dawned with that measurement?.If the lantus had put it the day before and the new day I had just put it about 15 or 20 minutes, impossible to take effect.
Well, the only exception to the daily routine was an orfidal pill, taken at night when bedtime.I haven't felt anything at night.And it is true that the orfidal since so many hours could not interact so strong.
Has something similar happened to you?
See you later

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/21/2013 3:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I don't think it has anything to do with the orfidal, which at that time would no longer have an effect.But, with insulin, those things can happen.Sometimes, it is enough that it is injected into some capillary, to act faster ..., there are many variables in the injection.It is better not to leave home too fair ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/21/2013 5:01 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Miguel, do not have any sugar, glucose, juices .... etc .... to stop hypoglycemia ??????????It has caught my attention that you had to go to a medical center: shock :.I am unable to leave the house without glucose pills ....
In my opinion the hypo is caused by Lantus, it can happen, my worst hypoglycemia was produced by Lantus, it was hard for me

DiabetesForo
06/22/2013 6:06 a.m.

Well, until now, Prado, I had nothing because how much I had ever gone through that situation, but I will get used to having something on top.In the office I do have candies, cookies, etc., that I took right away, but since I took to go, I decided to go to the medical center because I was scared a little, it was much down, and also as it is door with the door, it did not cost me discomfort.That way they measured me and I already found that it was a descent to rule out some other cause.No glucose was needed, only a glass of water with normal sugar and a little chocolate.
An affectionate greeting.

DiabetesForo
06/22/2013 12:48 p.m.

Welcome to the world of files x
A classic in the world of diabetes ...

It could be for the Lantus, but 15 minutes it seems very little time
The lantus sometimes peak, between 2 and 3 hours after putting it

DiabetesForo
06/23/2013 2:09 p.m.

Yes, you say well, Owash, that this is always a reason for intrigue.Well, sometimes uncertainty also has its morbidity .... how when you take the first girlfriend at age 15: he liked it, he doesn't like it ..?Well here the same: Doesn't it come down, I don't lower me ..?Patience of the Lord..¡¡¡
The important thing is that it has not come back and if it does not come back, better.
Enjoy summer..¡¡

DiabetesForo
06/25/2013 9:08 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.