Why do they put insulin bombs?

Dori's profile photo   09/19/2015 12:04 a.m.

Good, I have always had a doubt and it is why, that is, there are people who put insulin bomb and others do not.I also wanted to know how it works.It is simple curiosity, and if you do well.
Greetings!

Dori's profile photo
Dori
09/19/2015 12:04 a.m.

21 años, 10 con diabetes.
20u insulina toujeo por las mañanas. Humalog 4, 6 (5), media mañana y la merienda 3 o 4 y cena 3. Última glicosilada 6,7, sin casi tipos.

Hi Dori, my endocrine told me that they put the bomb because despite carrying a very methodical control, controls before and then more nightly every day and they fix these same more that of the 2, 4 and 6 in the morning I had manyHyperglycemia and for anything I had decompensations causing income from ketonemias reaching diabetic ketoacidosis, and we did not get my glycosylated to go down from 8, to if I decided to put on the pump.Now he has been with her since May and hemoglobin has dropped to 7'1 and although the first weeks were somewhat hard for the increases (350/400), as for the sudden declines (lo/50) I am super happy.Come on in my case, it was to improve controls and hemoglobin.

joana's profile photo
joana
09/19/2015 12:26 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much for telling it!It is that as I have it somewhat irregular I thought about commenting it but you have to get out of it for what you say.I am very happy that you do better, greetings!

Dori's profile photo
Dori
09/19/2015 1:46 p.m.

20u insulina toujeo por las mañanas. Humalog 4, 6 (5), media mañana y la merienda 3 o 4 y cena 3. Última glicosilada 6,7, sin casi tipos.

I have put the bomb especially for control with the sport, but it is true that I am very better with the pump always.I am 28 years diabetic and I am considering the bomb for some years now, and damn the time I did not put it before

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/19/2015 3:47 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

They put it to improve the control for pregnancy, although because of the sensitivity I have to insulin (I went with bolis of children of half unity) and the hypoglycemia have been proposed for a long time.The truth is that he has his pros and cons, but in terms of improving control and hypoglycemia in my case he has improved a lot in all aspects.No drastic increases, or drastic declines, although the beginnings must be taken patiently, reaching improvement requires effort, commitment, awareness of the disease and adaptation, but after three months I see the light and I am very happy !!!

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
09/21/2015 5:08 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Gemater I'm glad you do well Gema, at all it costs to adapt and more to this xD I had enough hypos but they didn't tell me anything, now we are correcting.When I go, I will drop it.

Dori's profile photo
Dori
09/21/2015 6:39 p.m.

I place it to lower the amount of daily clicks that I gave me between controls before each meal + controls for feeling that I had some hypo.
I can tell you that at least at least it is very good with her.Lower the amount of daily controls, I can take the counting and Bolus mode better is very good and useful.
For the "negative" (and it is subjective) for some things it can be a hindrance, since I placed it I have not returned to the beach or some water park because it bothers me personally.

Alice Smith's profile photo
Alice Smith
01/25/2017 12:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Unfortunately, the reason why or not is not often economical.A pump is the face of maintaining and the SS has limited resources ...

Basically a bomb gives you flxibility, being able to administer very exact amounts of insulin according to your particular needs.So that once you have a good basal programming, you could even skip a meal, apply temporary programming to reduce insulin when you do sports etc etc

albertot's profile photo
albertot
01/25/2017 8:52 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.