Type 2 to control only with diet and sport?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   09/19/2015 12:56 a.m.

Hello everyone, I wanted to consult if someone type 2 who drives diabetes with diet and physical activity that the only high glycemia of the day are those of the morning on an empty stomach?That happens to me and I do not understand ... my insulin seems to be enough for meals but during the fast of the night it does not ...
Any information is pleased.Greetings!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/19/2015 12:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Eye, I have no idea, but:

You might have the famous "Effect of dawn", whereby the body prepares by releasing a lot of glucose when you wake up in the morning.

If, for example, putting the alarm at 5 in the morning, you measure yourself and you are perfect, and then wake up in the morning, measure yourself and you are high, you already have it.

Normally we are more insulin resistant in the morning, and adding the effect of dawn, because the insulin you produce is insufficient at that time.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/19/2015 1:51 a.m.

It can be fixed by increasing the slow dose. If they don't give you hypos

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/19/2015 1:53 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I understand your message that neither gets slow nor fast, just sport and eat few HC.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/19/2015 10:41 p.m.

Well, it's true .., maybe he needs some slow ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/20/2015 1:18 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

True, I don't put any insulin.No oral medication.The only blood glucose that is altered when the control relaxes, is that of the morning on an empty stomach.If I zampo a cake portion during the day, at 2 hours I am fine.But if I do it at night, it is a safe altered value in the morning.I read on the effect of dawn, but I understand that they must have taken it into account when defining the normal or altered values ​​of values ​​... and if on an empty stomach between 100 and 126 is prediabetes, because nothing!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/20/2015 7:51 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.