Advantages and disadvantages of the pump.

LibreConDiabetes's profile photo   09/22/2015 5:04 p.m.

A year ago I proposed to my endocrine put the bomb, to which he accepted and sent my educator in diabetes to an informative talk.Behind her, I met both and we concluded that with my controls and the good value of my hem did not compensate for me to get into this issue, since during the adaptation period I could suffer lack of controls that spoiled those good values ​​andthat it was not known how much that period could last.So I decided not to put it on.

Every time I see in forums, blogs and social networks more people who are getting up to the bombs car.Do you really consider the change advisable?What advantages and disadvantages does pump use on a day -to -day basis?Are they really as uncomfortable as I think?

LibreConDiabetes's profile photo
LibreConDiabetes
09/22/2015 5:04 p.m.

25 años. Diabetes desde los 15. Hemo: 6,4. Lantus y Novorapid.

Comparto mis opiniones y experiencias en mi blog: http://librecondiabetes.blogspot.com

Let's see I advise you to look through the forum and you will see the opinions.I am diabetics 28 years thinking about the bomb for about 7 or 8 years, I have been more than three months and I am more than repentant not having put it before.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/23/2015 7:04 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Why are you repentant @jconegar ??, what has contributed to you?

fer's profile photo
fer
09/23/2015 7:13 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I carry with the bomb 6 months.The endocrine recommended to put the bomb despite carrying good glycemic control "in general."I explain you.He had problems of lipodystrophies and a only basal with Lantus did not finish giving me good control.Tendia has been low before the food.It was putting the bomb and discovering another world in the treatment.Before having a basal one day by day was to make corrections based on bowling and glucose.Now I have a basal depending on the time of day and play with the temporal basals if I get out of routine or I have the "weird" day.Disadvantages yes, you have to "take care of it" because she is your inseparable partner.That is, it makes you more attention that the pump, cateter etc.I'm fine.
It cost me to decide more than a year and a half, but since I have put it I have not stopped using it one day.It would cost me to return to the ball.I also tell you that I know anyone who has not adapted.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/29/2015 7:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The adaptation period is inevitable, but that is not your reason not to put it.

I know the two methods, the endocrine advise you advised by the simple reason that if you go well with the treatment of now to change it.The bomb for me is more cumbersome PQ it has to be careful as they tell you with the catheters and you must sleep with it, it is easier to be with glycemia of 400 if for some reason it does not work as it should, which usually happens.

positive things, because you do not have to click, more freedom when eating between hours and you are supposed to be better control, but we go that you already take it with the bowling.

Tb I tell you that if you want it, you can always return it and return to the bowling, nothing happens to try, the adaptation period can be a month at most, not to tell you that in a week you will control it to the fingertips becauseIt is not complicated to know how to work when you have controlled your diabetes with the bolis.

It is personal, because your life will change considerably, but remember that you can always go back, that the bomb that you will use another person.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
10/16/2015 10:39 a.m.

fer said:
because you are regretted @jconegar?
@fer
Sorry Fer does not get the notices when someone names me I don't know why.
Let's see I'm regretful not having put it before.
Mainly you know that I do not stop sport, I reduce basal and less gels intake.
When you carry the basal already well, even to go for a walk and point.
I never forget the insulin already, several times when I have come out, I have forgotten and there has been no peck.
Control with partial units and infusion of the exact amount
Before levying her more than one morning I have not known if I had put the insulin.
My greatest fear was sleeping with her and I didn't find out.
I only take it off and it does not always depend on certain things or positions hahaha on certain occasions
Mixed bowling, I do not worry about eating paella or pizza and having to remember that I have to put an insu extra so that it does not go up, at night she alone does this function
There will be safer Fer but I am very happy.
As the partner says I have 4 different basal, I am not obliged to eat, the accurate insulin enters at every moment.
The infusion system that I carry the comfort comfort is impossible for the catheter to bend, it is somewhat more cumbersome to put at the beginning because it is manual, but at two weeks in a plis plas.
Fer to see if you can look at because it doesn't warn me that someone has named me.Thank you

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/19/2015 1:15 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Hi @jconegar, for what you say, the bomb really works very well, now I understand that you are regretful of not having put it before!;)

About notifications when they mention you, look in your profile preferences, you have to have the "email" option marked to "notify me when someone mentions me.", I think you don't have it right now!

fer's profile photo
fer
10/19/2015 10:16 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hi @fer ..... What does it contribute ... my mother .... I only tell you one thing, there is someone with diabetes from your area that takes a bomb, you spend a while together, go to dinner or eat ...You will see what each one does.

Our motto should be: a diabetic a bomb.

We would all improve spectacularly.

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
10/19/2015 6:33 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

Not everyone wants bomb, in my lifestyle a bomb is unacceptable.Although it improves the control and comfort it gives to eat, it has other problems and discomforts and that many people compensate them equally, but not others.

In my opinion, the control and quality of life improves even more with an MCG than with a bomb, and is much less speaking.

I would like the SS to give me the equivalent of what would be spent on me in the 5 boxes of monthly strips that I spent so far, and at the monthly cost of a pump, to buy Dexcom sensors, which is what I really need.

For me, the motto would be a diabetic, a MCG and a bomb.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/19/2015 8:11 p.m.

The bomb does not bother me nothing .To sleep either.And the fact that I have a cable I see very advantageous because I do not forget the Pod (or whatever it is called) anywhere.Nobody knows that I have diabetes because I have my infuser in a very discreet case.To all this, add what Jconegar explained and you will have a slight idea of ​​what this technology means for some people.

Think that everyone lives things in a different way: some live the bomb as something very positive.I do not want to tell you when the artificial pancreas arrives ... come on, be the size I want now !!!

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
10/19/2015 11:46 p.m.

It is clear what advantages it has (not all that owes in the century that we surround, as size, catheters, etc.), but it has them, although it must be differentiated then the life of each diabetic.In my case I do not believe that it was recommended or practiced, my work is to carry in case many things at the waist and then the risk of blow or contact is because of its delicacy.Apart from @jconegar, he goes as a ring to his finger for his sports practice, for me it would not be since even to go to the gym or to practice any martial art I see it possibility.That it is an advantage to manage the fair amount in each insulin hourly strip and according to what you eat is what everyone's diabetic wants to have optimal levels.But I still think that each diabetic person does not have a lifestyle and that pleasesee.So each one must assess according to their lifestyle, routines, situation, etc ... if you no longer advantages or disadvantages (there are more than the first than the second), if their control of diabetes will benefit incase this is not optimal.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
10/21/2015 2:51 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Totally agree @Luvi with what you say you have to adapt to it.
Regarding contact sport, people take it off and use corrective bowling, but the logical thing is that if you take it for sport you do not need to put corrective bowling, there are great athletes in groups that make contact sports and do not cause them problems.
And the work if you should be able to carry it in an arm, waist, thigh or calf.
Each one has needs, it is the same as the Dexcom, for contact sports I see it more problematic.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/21/2015 3:34 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

I use the Dexcom for contact sports, but I have to put it in the lower back or ass.The first sensor put it in my thigh and I only dared to box ...

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/21/2015 4:25 p.m.

That is what I refer to artories, the bomb takes it away and nothing happens, the dexcom is more complicated the subject.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/21/2015 6:16 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

You are right.

Regarding my diabetic slogan a bomb evidently whenever the person wants, but at least have the possibility of choosing.

And according to Jorge, for high -level athletes, or sports activities with high load you take away the pump and run !!!

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
10/21/2015 6:53 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

Many advantages in my view, better control, lower variability in glycemia, freedom to use fair insulin at the precise moment ... let's go like many, I wish I had less fears and had put it before, because Iresisted !!Ha ha.
Disadvantages There are also somehow, sometimes if they ask me I say it is like who has a pet.That you have to monitor, yes !!That you have to take care of the pump, catheter changes, vary small habits from day to day ... well yes !!It is also true, but if you take responsibility for your diabetes and you know how to drive it, they win the cons.
I put it for a future pregnancy and told my doctor that I would surely return it, that I did not see me with her.However, now I think about the opposite, Santa Rita Rita hahaha

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
10/23/2015 6:44 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.