HC rations.Marial

Marial's profile photo   07/19/2013 3:06 p.m.

Hello, I am new and I want to introduce myself, I would like you to advise me about something that I have a doubt, it is the same a ration of sweet melon HC has a ration of a bland one.If you answer me, I appreciate it.

Marial's profile photo
Marial
07/19/2013 3:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The glycemic index in the fruit, the glycemic index (IG) is the time it takes for the body to convert those sugars that contains the food into glucose and go to the blood and then use it in the form of energy.This is why there are foods that have a high IG, that is, that their glucose is assimilated before, and others that have it lower, so it takes longer to assimilate glucose.

Three levels in the list of glycemic indices:

Low glycemic index foods are those with index below 55;which means that when you eat them, you and your body absorb them, your blood sugar does not rise much, compared to what happens when you eat white bread or table sugar.

Medium glycemic index foods are those with index between 55 and 70;which means that when you eat them, the digiers and your body absorb them, your blood sugar rises some more, although not as much as it would rise after eating white bread or table sugar.

High glycemic index foods are those with an index greater than 70;which means that when you eat them, the digiers and your body absorb them, your blood sugar rises as much or more than it would rise if you eat white bread or table sugar.

Changes in the glycemic index:

The glycemic index depends on how you eat the food in question, how you digest it and how you absorb it.Therefore, anything that can alter the way you eat it, the digestion of food and its absorption, will change the glycemic index of the food.

To lower the glycemic index of any food, you simply have to combine it with low glycemic foods, add fiber or eat them with proteins.What this will produce will be a decrease in the speed at which you can eat the food, digest it and absorb your sugars.Thus, for example, if you eat high glycemic fruits along with yogurt or nuts, you will be decreasing its glycemic index because fat, fiber and proteins will decelerate gastric emptying and make food absorption more difficult.

To raise the glycemic index of a food, you must reduce the size of its particles, to achieve them faster, digest it more easily and absorb their sugars more easily.Thus, for example, if you blend a fruit, you eliminate its fiber and take it as juice, you will be raising its glycemic index because the smallest particles will be easier to absorb in the intestine.

Fruit list in your natural state:
Dates - 103
Watermelon - 72
Melon - 65
Pasas - 64
Pineapple - 66
Papaya - 60
Maduro Mango - 55
Maduro Guineo - 53
Kiwi - 52
Grapes - 47
Orange - 43
Strawberries - 40
Apple - 36
Pear - 38
Peach - 28
Plum - 24
Toronja - 25
Cherry - 22

ah! And welcome to the Marial forum!

flanders's profile photo
flanders
07/20/2013 8:02 a.m.

Thank you very much for your information, it is very helpful>-)

Marial's profile photo
Marial
07/20/2013 2:46 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.