Hello good afternoon, I am new and I would like to clarify some doubts, to see if you can help me :)

thexavier2092's profile photo   08/01/2013 9:36 p.m.

First of all I present me.My name is Xavier and I am from Venezuela.Well I registered in this forum for the following case.Recently I went to the endocrine because I had sweating problems (I noticed that I was perspiring more than normal, and that I tired me faster than common) I did TSH exams after that Dra.I send me to do pre and post -prandial glycemia exams, and electrolyte exams.In the pre I came out 87.1 and post 80.1 (according to the DRA, the pre this between normal values, but the post should increase and not go down and it seems that there is where the problem is), and in the electrolytes the only irregular valuethat came out of calcium that came out a bit low (8.1, being normal between 8.5 and 10.5. Apparently this is because I have oxalate calculations, but minimal).I indicated half-tablet glycophage at breakfast and a half at dinner, also glucose, 5 measures in water such as pre-cena snack, and citratal d (calcium) before sleeping.Investigating a little, I have read almost everywhere that I have found information, that the gluchage does not increase glucose values ​​but quite the opposite, then, my treatment will be wrong, or is it correct to regulate the level of glucose in my blood?Thank you.

thexavier2092's profile photo
thexavier2092
08/01/2013 9:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the Xavier forum!

On the appropriate or not of the treatment, I at least, with what you explain, I would not know how to answer, it seems to me that you do not have diabetes, but other type of endocrine problems.

Thexavier2092 said:
... in the pre I came out 87.1 and post 80.1 (accordingproblem) ...

I do not just understand these results, if they are calculated in mg/dl, they do not usually have decimals and it seems strange to me, but if I do not take it into account, while you are between 70 and 130, it is totally normal.

You may want to review this message that explains the typical measures when analyzing blood glucose.

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
08/02/2013 8:26 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Fer said:
Welcome to the Xavier forum!

On the appropriate or not of the treatment, I at least, with what you explain, I would not know how to answer, it seems to me that you do not have diabetes, but other type of endocrine problems.

Thexavier2092 said:
... in the pre I came out 87.1 and post 80.1 (accordingproblem) ...

I do not just understand these results, if they are calculated in mg/dl, they do not usually have decimals and it seems strange to me, but if I do not take it into account, while you are between 70 and 130, it is totally normal.

You may want to review this message that explains the typical measures when analyzing blood glucose.

Link

Precisely Fer, thanks first of all for answering.I forget to note that I am not diabetic (my dad already deceased, if it was) but I am not, at least so far.What the endocrine explains, is that the problem is that there is a decrease in sugar after food, and that it should be the opposite, that there should be an increase in sugar, and that is why it sent me the treatment, but IInvestigating for treatment, Glucophage is to help the body better assimilate insulin, not?To reduce insulin-resistance?And I think that is not my case, because I am also a thin person.

With respect to the results, yes, they are calculated in mg/dl, and then I don't know, but mine gave them with decimals.I also when I saw my results thought they were in the normal range.But Dra.When he saw them he told me no.

The worst thing is that since the consumption of sugar eliminated in my diet, and I started with the glycophage, I felt a little dizzy, and as without encouragement ... and I am almost certain that it is that medicine that has me like this:/

thexavier2092
08/02/2013 1:38 p.m.

Can anyone clarify me about the treatment with glycophage?Thank you.

thexavier2092
08/11/2013 12:51 a.m.

From what you explain, it does not fit me that they prescribe an antihyperglycemic, it seems strange to me, but I am not a doctor, so you better visit the endocrine again and to explain you in detail !!

On the secondary or adverse reactions of the glycophage, some symptoms that you explain:

The following adverse reactions can occur under the treatment with Glucophage®.Frequencies are defined as follows: Very common: & GT;1/10;common & GT;1/100;& lt;1/10;uncommon: & GT;1/1,000, & lt;1/100;Rare & GT;1/10,000, & lt;1/1,000;very rare & lt;1/10,000 and isolated reports.

Gastrointestinal: very common, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain and loss of appetite.

These adverse reactions occur more frequently when treatment begins and resolved spontaneously in most cases.To prevent them, it is recommended that metformin be taken in two or three daily doses.A gradual dose increase can also improve gastrointestinal tolerability.

Nervous system:

Very common: alterations of taste.

Skin and annexes:

Very rare: erythema, pruritus and hives.

Metabolism alterations:

Very rare: lactic acidosis (see general precautions);Decreased absorption and serum levels of vitamin B12 With the prolonged use of metformin, this etiology should be considered in patients who have megaloblastic anemia.

Hepatic:

Very rare: Alterations in liver function or hepatitis tests which are resolved with the discontinuation of the treatment.

fer's profile photo
fer
08/11/2013 8:01 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Link

pollxander's profile photo
pollxander
06/30/2021 12:32 a.m.

canal:https://youtube.com/user/tumedicodecabecera?sub_confirmation=1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.