Night declines

laurita11977's profile photo   08/22/2013 1:22 p.m.

Good, I am having hypoglycemia at night and I don't know very well how to manage them.I am clear that if they give me at midnight at about 4, the problem is the lantus, but lately I have slight hypos at 22:30 or so when I punctuate the lantus.Arrived in this case, how should I manage?I am doing the 15/15 rule but I'm afraid to use sugar, because as I understand it goes up quickly but I am not so convinced that once reached the desired levels it remains all night.

A porfi help ..

Thank you

laurita11977's profile photo
laurita11977
08/22/2013 1:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

How are you the rest of the day?
If you only have down at that time, it is quite clear that it is the peak of the Lantus action.I would try to change the schedule and put the lantus in the morning, so the beak would match you at eating and you could manage it simply by lowering the fast dose, where appropriate.
Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/22/2013 2:55 p.m.

The morning is Lantus, it is clear.What I do not know is like treating the hypo if I get short before going to bed, I don't know if it goes up only with sugar and leave it at a decent level it serves me or on the contrary it is better to eat some slow absorption to get it rightto breakfast.
The rest of the day?Until recently fatal but I think it was because of the mismatch I had with Lantus because it happened to me correcting all day with extras fast or getting hydrates.

BSS

laurita11977
08/22/2013 3:50 p.m.

If you do not change the Lantus schedule, I would take slow hydrates to dinner or before going to bed, provided they are with good values ​​at that time.If you get off, take some fast hydrate and try the following days to lower the dinner quickly.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/22/2013 5:11 p.m.

Thanks Alea.

laurita11977
08/23/2013 4:51 a.m.

Try to change the Lantus schedule in the morning.The hypos of the night are usually solved.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/23/2013 9:29 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.