Consultation about experiences.

Rodritest's profile photo   08/29/2013 10:21 p.m.

How, my name is Rodrigo Funes, I am 16 years old and I am from Argentina.I have been diabetic since the age of 7 and use infusion pump for 4 years.Like many of you, I am not easy to live with this.

I do sports since I was born more or less, but not as intense as now (something that I did not have to control so much when doing sports), but today I am practicing athletics, not recreational if not more professionally, I train 6times a week 3 hours a day.

The problem arises in my fear of hypoglycemia, practically I run with glycemia levels above 250, for fear of getting a blow.And so it also happens to me in everyday life, I barely feel a dizziness or indication of hypoglycemia I start eating sweet things and normally begins to climb the blood glucose level, and I get to have more or less 2 or 3 daily hyperglycemia, and thus also 1or 2 hypoglycemia.I have come to have a glycosylated hemoglobin level above 11% and I am very afraid.I know the consequences and it is what worries me the most, I am trying to stop having these fears and reason but I can't.I have reached lying in the annotations that I show the doctor so that I do not modify my infusion much and be able to improve and nothing ...

What I would like is that, from their experiences, they give me councils to improve, and be stable.I have never done this (sharing experiences with people equal to me) and I think it would help me a lot.

Thank you very much to everyone, greetings.

Rodritest's profile photo
Rodritest
08/29/2013 10:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Rodrigo.I am also afraid of hypoglycemia, when I did sports (4 or 5 years ago) I looked at my sugar and took a fanta or something with sugar just before starting to do sports.

Now I have stopped doing sports, but I am still nervous when more than half an hour or an hour ago I have measured the sugar and therefore I no longer know what value I must be.

I am thinking of buying a continuous meter, which I think I had to do a long time ago.Can't you afford it?I think it is something much more necessary than a bomb, especially in cases like these.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/30/2013 1:08 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Wow, nobody tells him anything else.:-/

Nobody was afraid of hypoglycemia when doing sports and managed to overcome it?Will the meters continue to help enough?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/31/2013 7:09 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Sherpa,

One of the reasons why I use a continuous monitor, is precisely to better control the level of sugar when I do sports, I can say that carrying it on and being able to consult it, it is priceless!, ... well, in reality, if you have it, the paston that the continuous meter costs, but even so, Ka Pena is worth.;-)

I also have to say, that carrying the monitor does not completely eliminate the fear or anxiety against a hypo, but helps to control better.

Every time I have to inject the insulin, I wonder if I will be happening and will have a hypo, especially if I have seen sports after an inactive time ... Let's see what day something is invented for this !!!

fer's profile photo
fer
08/31/2013 7:04 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It also happens to me, before not and much more sport than now but it was to leave it and when I started again at the same time because I no longer knew that I did not wear etc, and it also began to be scary when I started driving,The fear of getting off when I driving I think it is what has it normally high (I usually click less for the fear of going down and alfinal is 250 up), now I am taking it better but whyI do enough controls before playing sports or before driving.
all the best

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
09/02/2013 2:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.