Hello a guiri

AlcalaBob's profile photo   09/05/2013 9:34 a.m.

I have been living in Spain for five years and I have suffered from type two for ten years.Metformin treatment is enough to control the condition but I also need to follow a very low diet in carbohydrates.For two years I have been following the diet of Richard Bernstein's book (Diabetes Solution) and the effect is great.Very controlled, no unexpected rise.It still seems very strange for I received the advice of a doctor in England that needs to eat more carbohydrates ... What is the normal advice in Spain?I have heard different advice from different doctors here.For me, it is obvious that if the problem is the level of glucose in the blood, we need to avoid food that contains a lot of carbohydrate.I want to read this forum.

AlcalaBob's profile photo
AlcalaBob
09/05/2013 9:34 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In the forum there are many messages on the subject, I recommend you try the search box (diet, menu, hydrates ...)

Here is a message with the recommendation of the Andalusian Board: Link

Welcome to the forum !!

fer's profile photo
fer
09/06/2013 4:02 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.