First menstruation

josebas's profile photo   09/15/2013 4:59 p.m.

hello,
I would like to ask about the topic of the first menstruation.
My daughter is 14 and a half years old.
In the last visits to the endocrine, we ask about the first menstruation, since it does not yet have it.Your friends of the same age all already have it.On the last visit, the endocrine sent him some analysis and the assessment of Tireotropa hormone (TSH) came to a value of 5.95 (the reference range is between 0.27 and 5).The doctor did not give importance, but I have read in some comment that girls with type 1 diabetes are usually delayed the first rule.
Do you know anything about the subject?;Does anyone happen to anyone?

thank you for the answers
Josebas

josebas's profile photo
josebas
09/15/2013 4:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If there is no other hormonal problem, do not worry.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/15/2013 7:20 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

hello,
The rest of the hormone analysis comes out values ​​that are within the "follicular phase" range.
(There are different ranges: follicular phase, ovulatory peak, lutein and postmenopausal phase.)
I have consulted by various websites dedicated to diabetes, and I have only found a study where it says that the first menstruation to diabetic girls is delayed, but does not give more data.
That is why my question since they do not give data from what age? How long does it go?But to have an idea.

Thanks again Regina, and thank you all .....
Josebas

josebas's profile photo
josebas
09/18/2013 5:10 a.m.

I debuted with 3 years and I had the rule with 13. I have a sister who had it with 15 and another with 12. Diabetes is another factor, but not the only one.Many times we want to justify everything that happens to diabetes and it is a mistake.Once in the emergency room I went because my hand hurt, and they told me that this had to be from diabetes .... I don't know if I explain ...

tica's profile photo
tica
09/18/2013 5:51 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I have not noticed anything different with my friends ... I debuted with 11 years in summer, and that winter I had my first rule ...
Like ethics, if the whole hormonal theme is correct, I don't think diabetes has anything to do.

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
09/18/2013 7:02 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

I debute with 12 years freshly fulfilled and at 8 months or so the rule came, they told me that maybe those days of rule could have it a little higher than the other days but it is already.
all the best

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
09/18/2013 12:49 p.m.

Tica said:
Once in the emergency room I went because my hand hurt, and they told me that this had to be from diabetes .... I do not know if I explain ...

Everyone of all is known that to tighten the bolis then it hurts your hand .... what you have to hear from the professionals (that there are and many but others .....)

cabronias's profile photo
cabronias
09/18/2013 3:29 p.m.

Hi Josebas, welcome!As Regina says, if all analyzes are fine, I don't think you have to give more importance.I know a non -diabetic girl who has had her first rule with more than 15, and yet my daughter had it with 12 ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/22/2013 7:20 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.