Rations

camilitaaa's profile photo   09/21/2013 11:31 a.m.

Hello, I have read a lot that many of you talk about "rations", what do you mean?
1 month ago I am with this diabetes issue.
Could someone explain to me?

camilitaaa's profile photo
camilitaaa
09/21/2013 11:31 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Camilitaa,

A ration is the amount of carbohydrates that are compensated with a fast insulin unit, usually there are 10 grams of HC with 1 fast insulin unit, this is used to calculate how much insulin you have to use to compensate for a meal, based onThe HC you carry.

The theme has been treated a lot in the forum, here I leave related links:

Link
Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
09/21/2013 12:42 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I'm sorry but your answer has not just been exact.A ration is equivalent to 10gr of carbohydrates, but it does not have to be equivalent to 1 insulin unit.In fact, depending on the moment of the day it is equivalent to 1 I to 2. It all depends on the patient.

Bikerator's profile photo
Bikerator
09/22/2013 8:36 a.m.

Relationship 1 to 1 is not exact but is used to get an idea.What I have doubts is if 1 HC ration is always the same, it gives me that depending on the food can rise more or less

laurita11977's profile photo
laurita11977
09/22/2013 8:59 a.m.

The 10 gr = 1 ration is the general rule, in fact, there are those who calculate with 15 gr = 1 ration, so you explain, in your case, the equivalence is even less than 10 gr ...

In addition to the general rule, other factors must be taken into account: slow insulin, exercise, stress, etc ... Diabetes is not an exact science.

If you check the links of my previous message, you will see that the topic is discussed thoroughly, even, how to calculate hydrates from a potato or ingredient tortilla !!!;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
09/22/2013 9 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Completely in accordance with Bikerator and Laurita ... the insulin ratio by ration (taking into account 10 grs or 15, what you usually use), is variable for both each person and for each time slot (breakfast-merienda-comida-cena) ... Thus, for breakfast you need 1.5 UDS/RAC and for food 0.90, or vice versa ... that is used as a general standard, okay, we accept boat, but if you deepen something else, surely you do not need thesame amount of Insu/RAC in each of the injsta, or yes ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/22/2013 10:04 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Honestly I doubt more of those XD guidelines because as much as it is different in the time slot (breakfast-comida-merienda-cena) I also think it is different according to the day of the week haha ​​something like that on Monday in theYou will have a ratio and on Tuesday at the food you will have another haha

farstar's profile photo
farstar
09/23/2013 5:25 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.