{'en': 'Doctors against patients, different ways of controlling diabetes', 'es': 'Doctores contra Pacientes, diferentes formas de controlar la diabetes'} Image

Doctors against patients, different ways of controlling diabetes

fer's profile photo   09/29/2015 12:43 p.m.

The results of a new study presented at the 51st Congress of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) reveal that patients and doctors perceive the control of diabetes differently.

The study concludes that approaching these positions would be beneficial for medical-patient communication and improve the management of this disease.

This study, called Control Perceptions (POC), shows that adults with non -controlled type 2 diabetes with basal insulin have a broader conception of the term "Diabetes Control", perceive greater obstacles to maintaining this andThey consider that their life is significantly more affected by the disease than doctors think.

“There is a significant gap in the perception of the control of diabetes between doctors and patients in relation to how they define it, with what obstacles are to maintain it and how it affects the fact of not having properly controlled basal insulin to everyday lifeof patients, ”explains Meryl Brod, principal researcher at the POC study.A more open dialogue during consultations can provide a clearer vision of these critical factors, which would improve diabetes management and develop more effective individualized treatment plans. ”

The study identified that doctors define the control of diabetes in clinical and measurable terms, such as the frequency/severity of hypoglycemia (93% of doctors vs. 69% of patients, P&R 0.001), complications associated withDiabetes (89% vs. 75%, P&T 0.001) and the level of glycosylated hemoglobin or HBA1C (85% vs. 79%, P&T 0.05) compared to not controlled patients with basal insulin.

Although these terms are important for people with type 2 diabetes, their definition of control presents a much broader approach than that of doctors and includes the amount of insulin (units) that must be administered to (78% of patients vs 29%of the doctors, P&R 0.001), the energy levels (75% vs. 33%, P & lt; 0.001) and to what extent they have to be aware of their illness (68% vs 31%, P&T 0.001), among other factors.

People with non -controlled type 2 diabetes with basal insulin perceive more obstacles to achieve control of diabetes than doctors;Among them they mention stress (75% vs 54%, P&T 0.001), the side effects of medication (70% vs 56%, P&T 0.001) and the lack of support groups for patients (56% vs. 11%,P&T 0.001).

Patients take into account the impact of not being controlled with basal insulin and the way in which this interferes with their lives in a significantly greater than doctors.In this impact they include issues such as mood/emotions (63% of patients vs 33% of doctors, P & LT; 0.001), the possibility of making plans (62% vs. 16%, P&R 0.001) and tasks and taskswhich can be carried out during the day (62% vs. 23% P&T 0.001), among other factors.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/29/2015 12:43 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I have always thought that, doctors perceive much easier diabetes than it really is to us.They do not realize the impact that the disease has on our lives.
The other day, the header told me that what nonsense to consider having children or not depending on whether or not it may or may not inherit that after all diabetes was not so much. That it was not serious.
For me it is serious enough to consider having children or not when they have ballots.If a child debuts with diabetes, it has touched you and it's time to throw with it but when you know it in advance, I think it is serious enough to think about it.
What do you think?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/29/2015 11:04 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I think the same as you, Gala.The problems are only seen as they are when they live from within, from outside everything looks much easier.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/29/2015 11:19 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

He understood that diabetes was inherited from grandparents to grandchildren, isn't it?: |

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/29/2015 11:54 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Type I is not inherited, it is of autoimmune origin but it is true that we have more possibilities than a non -diabetic.Type II if he was hereditary, from father to children, grandparents grandchildren ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/30/2015 12:06 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

For those who do not have this pathology, everything is easy ... for those who suffer from it is properly a change of total life ... is to start learning to live without ever more patroness of your person ... :(

nury's profile photo
nury
08/05/2016 4:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Gala I understand perfectly what you mean.Although my case is something different ... I was pregnant shortly after diagnosing diabetes to my partner, we did not know what kind, because I started with pills, then basal insulin only ... until finally the relevant tests have been hevhoAnd they saw that it was guy, which I appeared for a long time.half.The truth is that I was surprised because I did not think there was so much post -lunch, but over time I have seen that there are more cases,
And now the question of Millon ... I would have had it known before becoming pregnant?In how bad it could happen, nobody would have children.
So, everyone who is considering it, thinking about it but also with the heart.
kisses

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
08/07/2016 9:14 a.m.

Not a serious illness told you that doctor @Gala?
And this document?
Link
Look at the end, it is much more fucked up than people think.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/07/2016 11 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

It is a serious illness and no one can come to count milongas, so serious that it is potentially deadly, every day, so serious that your life requires a substance that is both your krypotonita PQ t can send the other neighborhood in a seemingly insignificant errorof calculation .... without entering valuations or comparatively with other diseases, I think of any pathology that absorbs so much, that it occupies so much space, that forces to think so much and to calibrate so much the next step (I speak of the DT1)...Absolutically all physiological, hormonal, emotional, medication, even atmospheric-caulor variables interfere and alter control having to consider them, estimate their effect and make decisions, adjust, evaluate, discard, in a continuous process in which the failuresThey are paid expensive.You can have flexibility, learn a lot about the body itself and on the answer and that brings freedom and helps do many things, but no doctor, unless you have diabetes or is a family member of someone with diabetes, you will never understand whatwhich acts actually always living with the pilot on and never being able to disconnect.There is enormous ignorance about this.That who does not know what it is to take importance is something that burshes ...

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/07/2016 1:29 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

The theme of the doctors every day surprises me more.I truth is that I was very uncontrolled and now that I have become aware of the disease and I wantManic ... and I tell you that I have discomfort and dizziness of lack of control and that I relax that nothing happens ... that it is what diabetes has and that my hemoglobins in general have not been bad (because of lack of control and hypos, of course) that it will be stress or something else.It seems that if you are not dying you are not worried about diabetes ... it's how it has touched you and that's life

Leticia21's profile photo
Leticia21
08/07/2016 4:34 p.m.

@Leticia21, my experience tells me that there are very few doctors who bother to form (sometimes not even in forming) about diabetes, you can have the immense luck of having a good educator nurse that usually is usually very helpful, but theTraining many times you have to work it, reading, searching for forums like this, in good pages such as Clinidiabet, in specialized blogs, among fatigue companions, over time you learn to take from here and there and complement what you can.... A day comes that you are going to the emergency room and you realize that you know more about diabetes than an imbecile resident who plays Dr. House, and from that day you decide not to shut up even if they tell you about tocapelotas, with forgiveness, I amIn that stadium.They call us exaggerated up.When my daughter was little they told me not to do more than three controls a day.I felt trafficker of strips to be able to get half tracing the ones I needed, while trying to make me feel neurotic and bad mother telling me that I was martyred with my mania of wanting to make complete profiles.That the important thing was to avoid low and that I had it in 200. Of course change doctors.This topic would give so much if .... anyway.I am going to little house that I go out now, finally, of work.Hugs.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/07/2016 9:55 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

The doctors, some will be very good but others have achieved the degree in a thombola, every time I am high with 180 or so and put that kind of saliba or resection in my throat that many we know, I remember that when I did not knowThat I had type 1 diabetes I went to a doctor for that reason and without looking at me even the throat just told me that what I had was allergy, a cough syrup and lexatin prescribed me, and a few days later it turned out that I had diabetes andIt was with 400 glucose.And now every time I have that feeling in my throat, I can't help remembering (

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/07/2016 11:19 p.m.

Personally I think that doctors to treat us should be informed a lot and not only about diabetes books, they had to listen to patients, and not do what they want PQ are medical and they are God, the diabetic patient knows their diabetes better than any doctor.

It is not that we find the doctor, but rather the opposite, that is the feeling I have, that they do not let themselves be taught, they are smarter than anyone, they are not able to admit a criticism, pq who you are to say howtreat a disease?

And other doctors living in an unreal world where everyone is tolerant, and they tell you, that they look at the child every day in school, or that at work you say it in an interview, or look at you in the middle of theoffice, etc.

My endocrine have been good, I have already said it, but I found other doctors who needed more than diabetes training, they needed a cube of humility and education.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
08/10/2016 11:30 a.m.

I debuted in Toledo and the endocrinology unit is very sensitized because the Endo Chief is Diabetic Type 1. In these cases it is wonderful because he is like you in addition to a doctor.

@Gala I am thinking of being a mother, regardless of the diabets.My couples is grandson, son and brother of type 1 diabetics, but neither he nor their sisters have generated it, only his brother.Hereditary?I don't know ... everyone has come out like me, after 40.

I have a friend with the hemophilia carrier gene (she, her sister and her mother), where appropriate, the SS covered an in vitro fertilization with DGP to select embryos and not transfer the hemophilia to her children.For diabetes, there is no identified gene that I know.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/10/2016 12:18 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, I see this in another way.As @Anzazuleg says there are doctors who need more humanity, just like engineers, journalists, merchants, dependents, ...
For now I don't complain much about the doctors I've had, because I don't expect much from them either.I have been with this disease for more than 15 years, and even if it was a doctor, I think I would not know what advice to give a patient with this disease (because I don't know what to do on countless occasions ...).
What I do consider is that the "advances that there are" do not know them.I have discovered the MCG recently, for my new endo (it is also my failure not to have worried before).

Greetings and sweet vacations (for whom you have them)

nacho's profile photo
nacho
08/10/2016 2:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.