Change to Levemir

ilopera's profile photo   09/29/2015 12:54 p.m.

Good morning,
For 15 years I have been using the Mix 25 insulin (for breakfast and dinner) and Humalog (for food) and the truth is that it has done well.Last hemoglobin 6.7.The truth is that after dinner I am shooting, and almost every night at 2 hours, I have about 200. The disadvantage of the mix25 is that I do not want to increase the fast, I also have to increase the slow one, and it limits abit.So my endocrine and I have decided to change myself and continue with the Humalog.The units that has marked me have been: Levemir 0-0-0-20 and Humalog 3-10-5.Of course, the first days I have to have controls of controls, count more carefully rations until the insulin adjust.But now the doubt arises and I forgot to ask it, the Levemir gets before or after dinner?She put me 0-0-0-20 and I don't know if it is before or after.Could you tell me?I have not started yet.I will start the weekend I am at home and I can control more.Thank you very much!

ilopera's profile photo
ilopera
09/29/2015 12:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Olopera The Levemir in principle is put in two doses since in theory its maximum duration is about 18 hours, I say it in case you do not cover you well and you are high in the afternoon that you tell your endocrine.
On putting it before or after eating, being a basal insulin can be put at any time of the day, that is, it does not have to be before eating.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
09/29/2015 8:01 p.m.

Levemir will not serve as a basal for 24 hours.Wouldn't it be better for you to prescribe Lantus?
As Inday tells you, the Levemir is put in two doses a day, every 12 hours.
With a flat basal you will be much better, avoid hypoglycemia between hours.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/29/2015 11:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Yeah?Well, he has sent me only a puncture 20 units.I thought it lasted 24 hours, isn't it?
I will start with what she told me, putting it at 11 at night that is an hour in which I can always put it at that time, to see how it is going.Although now you leave me a little worried.

ilopera's profile photo
ilopera
09/30/2015 6:26 p.m.

It does not last 24 h or the lantus ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/30/2015 7:49 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

gala said:
does not last 24 h or the lantus ...

In that you are also right, I started the dose of the night in two as I recommend Regina in a moment and it has gone better, although you already know that not as well as I would like.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/01/2015 5:52 a.m.

Well, in that case, I don't know why the Lantus has not sent me, in addition to lasting more, it would be a puncture not two, as with the Levemir

ilopera's profile photo
ilopera
10/01/2015 7:47 a.m.

My diagnosed brother 3 years ago has been with Levemir since then, only puts it at night, they have never talked about its duration or that it should put it in 2 times .. we did not know that it would last less than the lantus, which is the one I useI

Lidia Márquez Rodríguez's profile photo
Lidia Márquez Rodríguez
10/01/2015 6:38 p.m.

26 años - DM1 desde 2010
Bomba insulina Minimed 640G - Uso Freestyle libre de forma discontinua

In theory it is put in two doses because according to Novo Nordisk of average lasts less than 18 hours, but surely there are people who last more and another to the least.If your brother is doing well with a puncture better than better.I just commented on if @ilopera started using it and saw that I did not cover it well 24 hours a day, to comment with its endocrine.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
10/01/2015 7:18 p.m.

Thank you very much for your advice :)

ilopera's profile photo
ilopera
10/01/2015 10:16 p.m.

To me the lantus does last 24 hours and well, let's let me use it for a long time and for nothing, I noticed a lot of difference and worse control.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/03/2015 6:49 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.