Humalog fast insulin time

DiabetesForo's profile photo   09/30/2015 5:56 p.m.

How long was it supposed to start to take effect for example the humalog that is what I have?
I was in mind that it was 15 minutes initial, an hour and a half maximum peak and continue to lower the effect until 3 hours.
It is that now with the continuous glucose monitor I see that it takes more than an hour to start down or more sometimes an hour and a half.
Therefore food peaks lower much slower and bring as an aggregate prize the discomfort of having it high quite a while.
Let's see if you clarify guys who don't find out.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/30/2015 5:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Allegedly Adí is, at 15 minutes but if you have already started eating you will not see that descent.
Depending on what I will eat like that I do for example if I am going to eat rice that goes up quite fast, I punish myself and not how until I see in the dexcom that begins to go down, however with the paste that goes up little andlate until I see that it starts to climb do not smell.
Go testing to try to overlap the effect of the Insu with the climb and duration of the HC, you will realize the peaks that you did not know what you did, Ji Ji !!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/30/2015 6:23 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I am trying to wait for him to go to start eating but like I don't go down with anything, he recently the Dexcom arrow that started down.
It goes down very slowly what makes me bad milk because then when you want to go down down
Too fast.
This is very rare, there is something that does not do well.

gala said:
supposedly adí is, at 15 minutes but if you have already started to eat you will not see that descent.
Depending on what I will eat like that I do for example if I am going to eat rice that goes up quite fast, I punish myself and not how until I see in the dexcom that begins to go down, however with the paste that goes up little andlate until I see that it starts to climb do not smell.
Go testing to try to overlap the effect of the Insu with the climb and duration of the HC, you will realize the peaks that you did not know what you did, Ji Ji !!

DiabetesForo
09/30/2015 9:40 p.m.

Well, if it is weird, in an hour if you should notice it although well I x the mñnas parrce quer I put water, a unit normally lowers me about 70 and first thing about the mñna if it lowers me 20 we are going well

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/30/2015 9:53 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

With a continuous monitor, many things have to be seen that sometimes will not know them, although it also gives you the possibility of learning to correct peaks.That is already very important

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/30/2015 10:43 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
With a continuous monitor there have to be seen many things that sometimes do not know them, although it also gives you the possibility of learning to correct peaks.That is already very important

That is precisely the idea, improving values ​​and avoiding the hypos that I fall fatal.
The glucosity rises to 6.8 that is the medium and short term goal to lower it to 6 or less.
On the other hand there are things that I find no response, as if it takes so long to take effect lately, today I saw that almost an hour for the Dexcom to put the slight drop arrow.
It already gives me courage to eat because anything that has hydrates uploads a mogollon and then to suffer until it goes down.
I am in pure salad and with a hunger that you do not see, I believe that insulin may not work well, the fast and the slow.
I am not sure because there are days that it is going well and others that do not come down from 200 my glycemia.

DiabetesForo
09/30/2015 11 p.m.

@Afterego because you don't tell your endo to change a novorapid or apidra?In theory their action times are equal to those of Humalog, but there are people who notice differences ...

Inday's profile photo
Inday
10/01/2015 12:20 a.m.

Inday said:
@afterego because you don't tell your endo to change a novorapid or apidra?In theory their action times are equal to those of Humalog, but there are people who notice differences ...

Inday is a good recommendation, I keep it in mind for the new visit. Thank you

DiabetesForo
10/01/2015 5:43 a.m.

Hello,
I wait 20-30 minutes to eat with Novorapid so that the maximum peak more or less agree with digestion.To me from 2 hours after I have pricked me, I start to lower my peak of the food and then "stretch" the effect to almost 5 hours and go down very slowly those last two hours, so I arrive at dinner always well always well.

DiabetesForo
10/01/2015 5:13 p.m.

kraken said:
hello, Hello,
I wait 20-30 minutes to eat with Novorapid so that the maximum peak more or less agree with digestion.To me from 2 hours after I have pricked me, I start to lower my peak of the food and then "stretch" the effect to almost 5 hours and go down very slowly those last two hours, so I arrive at dinner always well always well.

Hi Kraken because today I have been looking carefully and it was like that more or less.

Before breakfast 142
Humalog 5 units and I wait for an hour for breakfast control ofxcom and figure that under 100 glycemia
Normal breakfast of bread with ham and cheese and strawberry yogurt with stevia more with milk
An hour later the peak goes up and reaches up to 185 and I from bad milk for the climb.
Then I started down little by little until it reached 128 stable.
As well as the same, what if I have the device I have no longer had hypos so far that I have been carrying it and that I do not know how I appreciate it.

DiabetesForo
10/02/2015 1:56 a.m.

Hello Afteher, that goes with each one, but 185 after a meal and for one or two hours it is not so much, it is not ideal, but it is not a bestial hyperglycemia.

DiabetesForo
10/02/2015 9:48 a.m.

kraken said:
Hello Afteher, that goes with each one, but 185 after a meal and for one or two hours it is not so much, it is not ideal, but it is not a bestial hyperglycemia.

You carry all the reason because the same is going down even if it takes finally.
What I have noticed that the symptoms of hypos and hyper last as they feel worse than before
It will be that I am suggesting with all this milk from diabetes.

DiabetesForo
10/02/2015 4:14 p.m.

@Afterego If it takes so long to make insulin for the magnana you can try breakfast.First you come to the toast with the te with milk and then at the time-and a half the yogurt.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
10/02/2015 7:46 p.m.

I still get the humalog about 25 minutes before starting, if it is food and for example I have 90 it is the same I do so, the only thing that I start to revenge for the fruit Ja, ha ha or whatever HC of absorption moreFast.They always told me that at 15 minutes it was already noticed but for me any of that until 40/45 minutes does not notice, it also says that the data you have with the MCG go 15 minutes late less.With the MCG you will see the evolution of your glucose with the different foods, you will better control pizzas, paella and those foods that sometimes give headaches.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/04/2015 6:04 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Inday said:
@Afterego If it takes so long to take effect for the magnana you can try breakfast.First you come to the toast with the te with milk and then at the time-and a half the yogurt.

It resulted in and the rise peak in the Dexcom is not so abrupt now.
thank you

DiabetesForo
10/05/2015 10:12 p.m.

jconegar said:
I still put the humalog about 25 minutes before starting, if it is food and for example I have 90 is the same I do so, the only thing that I begin with the setback for the fruitJa, Ja, or whatever HC of faster absorption.They always told me that at 15 minutes it was already noticed but for me any of that until 40/45 minutes does not notice, it also says that the data you have with the MCG go 15 minutes late less.With the MCG you will see the evolution of your glucose with the different foods, you will control pizzas, paella and those foods that sometimes give headaches.

If you noticed yesterday the time delay and that the Dexcom put me that I had 100 and I with hiccup symptoms, it was to measure with the capillary and was in 78 and as it kept going down slight.
What I am missing is that glucose pills go back little and even with 2 pills.

DiabetesForo
10/05/2015 10:18 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.