Pancreas transplantation for diabetics?

gustavobanderas's profile photo   10/27/2013 1 p.m.

That's right, apparently now you can make pancreas transplants for people with diabetes.This seemed extremely striking, but if we take into account how dangerous the pancreas is to touch.
Another novel thing that I saw is an artificial pancreas, so I understood is like a device that is hung (correct me if not) and what it does provides you with the insulin that the body needs.

Here is where I saw it:
Link

Will this be good?

gustavobanderas's profile photo
gustavobanderas
10/27/2013 1 p.m.

http://comidaydietasparadiabeticos.blogspot.com.ar/

I don't touch my pancreas.I had heard that joint and pancreas joint transplants are made when everything starts to fail ...

On the artificial pancreas there is still nothing marketed.The idea is a bomb with insulin, more glucagon and a continuous reliable meter.All this and a good algorithm and you already have the pancreas.There are two important problems, continuous meters are not entirely reliable and have a 10 -minute delays and insulin although it is faster than the human, it has to reach the blood because what the result is that it is slower than that ofA healthy person.The last thing I read of artificial pancreas, it was an intelligent bomb, that the basal, the hypos and hypers, but the Bolus continued to need the patient's intervention.

tica's profile photo
tica
10/27/2013 2:19 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

This is ethical, they are only done if they have to make kidney transplant.I prefer to prick insulin than have to take immunosuppressants that eventually produce very serious disorders and you are also always exposed to rejection.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/27/2013 2:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, the double transplant will leave it as the last measure ..
Tica, that intelligent pump that regulates alone the hypos and hypers, it seems to me a pass.Is it already approved?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/27/2013 10:20 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

That pump is not marketed, but it is already being tested in patients.My endocrine studies taught me, we will trust that it is true and it does not stay in a theoretical study ...

He also told me to be buying a piggy bank and that he was saving, that short social security would not cover it ... Insulin will never lack, but "utima technology" ... the thing was Chunga.

tica's profile photo
tica
10/28/2013 5:08 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Tica said:

He also told me that he was buying a piggy bank and that it was saving, that short social security would not cover it ... Insulin will never miss us, but "utima technology" ... the thing was Chunga.

As the thing is going, nothing surprises me, it is expected, I already comforted myself with the fact that they leave us with the current bombs, although I am already waiting for the co -payment of the catheters ....: o

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/28/2013 5:46 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.