Insulin that does not act

BanHop's profile photo   10/06/2015 1:40 p.m.

Good, I've been with diabetes for 7 years and what has been spending a few days have never happened to me.
It turns out that since Thursday or Friday I have no noses for me to get the glucose.

I am all the time with 250-300, I thought it could be the fast insulin or the lantus that were wrong, so I changed them yesterday, but nothing, I have also tried to prick both sides of the belly in case I was not absorbing it well.

I am clicking more than fast (I have the Dexcom G4 and I see what I am having) and with what I am puncturing I already had to have given me 3 yuyus.I have to say that last Thursday they click me corticosteroids and they told me that it would affect me to sugar, but I don't think that lasts so many days?

What can it be?Thank you.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
10/06/2015 1:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

4-5 days if it can last and that is what happens that is as if you had resistance, not to click, go down and go up again if not directly does not go down or very little.
I imagine that tomorrow that has to improve

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/06/2015 2:39 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hello, I just wanted to write about something similar.I just eat ... Before eating I was 130 and I have put 3 for the food.At 1.5 hours I am 310, when notrmally is 180 ... tmb I think that insulin has not had an effect, or have I put very little?I have two days that I do not give foot with a ball
:(.

Pauso's profile photo
Pauso
10/06/2015 2:56 p.m.

I am taking corticosteroids these days, and to correct a 200 and go down to 100 I am needing 4 or 5 units .... it is a barbarity the insulin that I am needing.The basal I had to upload 4 units ...

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/06/2015 3:09 p.m.

Ah, because I am calmer, I thought I had developed some superpower.
I hope that in a couple of days it will be fixed.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
10/06/2015 4:57 p.m.

@Pauso Purgas the needle with 1 or 2 units before injecting?If you don't do it, it could be that the needle was plugged and the units you thought you were injecting really do not injected.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
10/06/2015 7:09 p.m.

The same thing happened to me several times, usually when I travel, my advice is the following.
Test with 8 mm needles since with those of 6 the insulin can remain in bulk and not penetrate well.
Try to drink a lot of water and click 2 more units you wait two hours and you are correcting little by little.
Test with another glucometer apart from Dexcom and compare results, change the batteries in case the flies.
None of the aforementioned theories help, do not overwhelm, there are times that this happens and worry about more causes you to raise the values ​​even more.
Good luck, I use the same insulins as your lantus and humalog
Greetings.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/07/2015 5:50 a.m.

Thank you very much

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
10/07/2015 8:18 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.