{'en': 'Because when I exercise glucose increases more than when I started', 'es': 'Porque cuando hago ejercicio la glucosa aumenta más que cuando empecé'} Image

Because when I exercise glucose increases more than when I started

Jehergonz's profile photo   11/08/2013 5:11 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I am Jesus I have a year with type 2 diabetes I have changed my eating habits a lot and I have been exercising 4 to 5 times a week between approximately 30 and 50, jogging and running.

Fasting glucose is 100 to 115 volume smaller mine with 500 mg gibenclamide once a day but I observe that at the end of the exercise, glucose increases to 150 or even 180 and regulates at 3 hours more or less.

My question is ... why does it increase?What should I do?

Thank you!

Jehergonz's profile photo
Jehergonz
11/08/2013 5:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If after that little peak, then it goes down to good levels ... don't worry.Or as the kids would say, don't scratch yourself.It's just a higher time.And those figures that you put are, much less to worry.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/09/2013 3:55 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

With the sport, hyperglycemic hormones (adrenaline, cortisol ..),.With a softer exercise, those glucose peaks are avoided.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/10/2013 8:34 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks for the information I had already scared it is traumant to fight to maintain the level and suddenly see that glucose increases ... thanks

Jehergonz's profile photo
Jehergonz
11/10/2013 8:45 p.m.

When exercises are performed, sugar consumption rises, if there is not enough, its production goes up there that there are sugar increases after exercise.Do not be measured until after two or three hours.It is not good to do exercises with 170 or more mg/dl of blood sugar.So that exercise is absolutely necessary or waiting for sugar to lower or go some insulin enough to compensate.

Erguiye's profile photo
Erguiye
11/11/2013 5:26 a.m.

I do 30 ’of bike with the lowest resistance, level 1. for me it is a tremendous effort, I have an BMI of 40 and I have never exercised.Today I had an 89 glucose before exercise and 134 later.I have been chafada!

I have searched this thread because I knew I had read something about it, but I didn't remember what exactly.I see why.

But I burn glucose, right?

Sorry, but I am a rookie and it gives me the impression that to be diabetic, especially type I (I am II), you have to have at least one master.

LaSelva's profile photo
LaSelva
08/15/2022 6:38 p.m.

66 años. DMII desde 6/22. Jardiance 10 1/0/0. Metformina 850 0/1/1. Ozempic 0’50 1 semanal. Hb A1c mayo/22: 12’1- octubre/22: 6’1

There is a guide deals with the topic of sport with diabetes 1. My educator gave it to me.It is very technical, explains the effects of each type of sport on glycemia.
I can't put the link in this post, when I prevail the message the link does not work.
Try Google
Type 1 diabetes and Serafín Murillo sport
Several directions come out to download the PDF.
Although the guide seems to be aimed at children and young people I think it serves us all

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
08/15/2022 10:24 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@ENSALADA, I have found it.Thank you.

LaSelva's profile photo
LaSelva
08/16/2022 10:30 a.m.

66 años. DMII desde 6/22. Jardiance 10 1/0/0. Metformina 850 0/1/1. Ozempic 0’50 1 semanal. Hb A1c mayo/22: 12’1- octubre/22: 6’1

salad said:
There is a guide deals with the topic of sport with diabetes 1. My educator gave it to me.It is very technical, explains the effects of each type of sport on glycemia.
I can't put the link in this post, when I prevail the message the link does not work.
Try Google
Type 1 diabetes and Serafín Murillo sport
Several directions come out to download the PDF.
Although the guide seems to be aimed at children and young people I think it serves us all

What is the name of that PDF?Do you have the web?I would like to be able to take a look ...

Antonio Bravo Gonzalez's profile photo
Antonio Bravo Gonzalez
08/21/2022 1:06 p.m.

If you do soft exercise, it will lower your glucose, if you exercise intense your muscles will empty their glycogen deposits, and the liver will be generated to generate glucose, if you look at the tension sure that it has also uploaded to you.
Nothing happens, when you finish your muscles they will fill their deposits again and your sugar will return to the levels prior to the exercise, and then you will be well glucose all day !!!!
My glucose lowered me, and the exercise of force I upload it.
If in 3 days I was not going to walk ... I started up.
Nowadays I do not, I go to the gym 3 times a week and make some cardio and strength, the sugar better than before having diabetes !!!!

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
08/21/2022 4:55 p.m.

It is called type 1 diabetes and depot.The author is Serafín Murillo.
It is on several website, if you look for it as I indicated to @LASELVA you find it easy

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
08/21/2022 4:57 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.