Question about hyperglycemia

farstar's profile photo   11/19/2013 1:11 p.m.

One question, we know that hypoglycemia are very dangerous in the short term, but and hyperglycemia?If you have for example, 400 blood glucose without ketone bodies, is it dangerous in the short term?(Short term = 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours ...)

I know that with 400 for 1 year you can practically say goodbye to the people, but can something happen to you if you have 400 for a few hours without ketonic bodies?(With ketonic bodies I already know that yes, and it is a reason to go to the hospital urgently)

I ask it 2 times in case it has not been clear xD Asias!

farstar's profile photo
farstar
11/19/2013 1:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

For a timely day I doubt it is dangerous

tica's profile photo
tica
11/19/2013 3:11 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I normally did not come out of 200 and 300 less than a year ago I saw it even normal so many times that I had more than 400 many times until I reached 500 (2 or 3veces) and in the short term nothing has happened to me I hope thatI don't spend a lot of invoice over the years ...
all the best

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
11/19/2013 7:39 p.m.

And for example, have 600 or 700 or even more?Is it a lot but, if you don't have ketone bodies, is there any inminine danger?Type fainted, coma, I don't know, anything like that?

Campanilla, what to go invoice over the years is another thing that intrigues me, for the agency, is it the same to have 300 sugar for 24 hours than to have 600 for 12?

farstar's profile photo
farstar
11/19/2013 10:31 p.m.

farstar's profile photo
farstar
11/19/2013 10:54 p.m.

There are many times that there are very high values ​​and there is no acetone present.It is not necessary to make a long time with the insulin dose so that the figures are exaggerated upwards, as you can see.Days that in addition to a small error in the calculation of rations, an inhibition of insulin is added by a counter -regulating hormone (situations of greater tension for any reason, etc) ...

And the invoice over the years is something very relative and personalized, which depends on so many things ... the most notorious is how you have led medium blood glucose during the passing of the years, but also on the genetics of each.There are people who have the same hemoglobins and while developing retinopathy in five years, the other at 25 years.As in other health things, each one is each and we cannot establish any categorization ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/20/2013 3:31 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

In addition to what they have already commented, I understood that hyperglycemia that run quickly (and for this, or measure frequently, or use the continuous meter), do not glysilan.
Hiper do not usually have short -term consequences, especially if there are no c. ecotonic, and if there are and solve the situation quickly the consequences are mild, discomfort basically ... another thing is the long term, and there I agreeWith Gondrullo.
When I carry the controls to the endo and I see some 200 I enter a tremendous restlessness, he looks at them and says, he is perfect!Perfect? ​​I say ... and he answers, if he were always in his range would not be diabetic ... :( ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/20/2013 4:47 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.