Abbott continuous glucose meter

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/10/2015 10:17 a.m.

Here I spend the link of the English page.
Link

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/10/2015 10:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

This continuous Abbot meter is already old no ...?or am I wrong ..?It is marketed in Spain ..?From what I see is similar to Dexcom

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/10/2015 6:14 p.m.

It is the Free Style, there are already many comments here.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/10/2015 6:57 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

But this one of the thread that Carlos71 is not the free freestyle, it looks like a continuous meter like Dexcom's, what it seems is that it is only available in the United Kingdom ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/11/2015 11:40 a.m.

It is not new.I simply put the English link as information.I did not know that before free, Abbott had continuous meters.Forgive if I have confused you.

DiabetesForo
10/11/2015 11:48 a.m.

Let's see that you have put is the two.
In Spain that I know or I am very wrong or in Spain it is not marketed.
@Pabloj2000 has once commented I believe something of this, but I am not sure that he did it.
The characteristics do not know very well, to see if someone can specify.
But that in Spain is not.I say the link you have put.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/11/2015 12:15 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Yeah.That is why I said it among the options it gives you there is one that puts your origin but they are all cities of the United Kingdom.In case I have requested information although if existed here I would be very surprised that someone would not have put it in the forum although from what is seen on the page the system is like that of the Dexcom although there is no specification or anything.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/11/2015 12:44 p.m.

One question: continuous meters that indicate trends and have alarms (I think that only Dexcom and Abott) could take them as you swim in the pool? ...

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
10/11/2015 8:33 p.m.

If they can carry, but the receiver is not aquatic, I can not see the result while swimming unless you carry a stagnant case.
By the way, Abott does not have alarms, only the Dexcom or Enlire de Metdronic

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/11/2015 8:40 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Gala the 2 if alarms to see prices and reliability.No receiver is aquatic but it is the same to take it in a watertight case if anyone is in the water does not receive a signal.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/12/2015 6:05 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

It does not receive a sign because you are far from the receiver because I who throw me 1 time from soak in the bathtub with the receiver to the side, continue giving me values

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/12/2015 6:29 p.m.

They have given me this information.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your question about the Freestyle Navigator continuous glucose monitoring system.Keep in mind that the following prices may be subject to changes.

• The system kit, (wireless reusable transmitter and the receiver, interchangeable silicone covers, cable and load manual) has a price of £ 950 (plus VAT).The cost of the receiver is only £ 550, the transmitter - £ 400 (plus VAT).
• The sensors, which can be used for a maximum of 5 days per sensor, have a price of £ 288 (more VAT) for a box of 6 (10% discount if 3 or more boxes are requested).

Purchases to customers who are not registered diabetic with a header or DSN in the United Kingdom, will have to add VAT to any purchase

The Freestyle Navigator II receiver is offered with a two -year replacement guarantee from the date of purchase.
The Freestyle Navigator II transmitter is offered with a one -year replacement guarantee from the date of purchase.The transmitter has a sealed battery that cannot be replaced.The battery life is 365 days (assuming that the continuous use of 365 to the 6 sensors per month).A replacement must be purchased.
The warranty does not cover user damage or damage.

In addition, we are going to provide without free download software, so that you can check your data on the computer, and a telephone training session with one of our expert instructors software (Freestyle Copilot Software is not compatible with Windows 8 or any computerMac).

Unfortunately, the Navigator Freestyle meters and the sensors are not covered in NHS prescription.We do not have a trial program, although some hospitals make navigators to their patients.

We cannot send any product abroad.All purchases must be made in the United Kingdom.Any purchase for use outside the United Kingdom, will invalidate your guarantee

You can find additional information in the attached document FSN consumer brochure and on our website:
Link
We recommend that you speak of your interest with your health professional to ensure that the product is suitable for your needs.

If you are interested in the purchase of the continuous monitoring system of Freestyle Navigator, please contact us by e-mail (adchelpuk@abbott.com), or our free customer service line in 0500 467 466 (KingdomUnido), Monday - Friday 8 a.m.- 17:30 that an advisor will be happy to help you.You can also contact us by e-mail: adchelpuk@abbott.com.

Sincerely yours,
ABBOTT customer service

DiabetesForo
10/12/2015 7:40 p.m.

Come on, more less than the Dexcom adding that in Spain it has no guarantee of anything ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/12/2015 7:48 p.m.

gala said:
does not receive a sign because you are far from the receiver because I throw me 1 time from soaking in the bathtub with the receiver next to me, it continues to give me values ​​

Gala I have tried it on the beach and does not receive the signal carrying the Dexcom in the swimsuit pocket next to the sender, inside the beach.And with the pump now Idem.I speak of Dexcom.It does not transmit the type of signal through the water at least of the beach.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/12/2015 8:23 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

I can only tell you about the bathtub because in the Pisci and the beach I leave the receiver in the towel but at home I have it next to it.The commercial told me in his day that in the water he could give problems so I imagine that sometimes it will work and sometimes not

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/12/2015 8:46 p.m.

gala said:
I can only tell you about the bathtub because in the fish and the beach I leave the receiver in the towel but at home I have it next to it.The commercial told me in his day that in the water he could give problems so I imagine that sometimes it will work and sometimes not

Well, before the receiver also left him out, but now with the bomb as I bathe with it, it is very angryha.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/12/2015 9:26 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

We cannot send any product abroad.All purchases must be made in the United Kingdom.Any purchase for use outside the United Kingdom, will invalidate your guarantee
And if you have one or more sensors that do not work apart that they cost a paste about you do?
Also remember that in the United Kingdom the values ​​are measured in mmol/l and not in mg/dl

DiabetesForo
10/13/2015 7:06 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.