{'en': 'Diagnosis of diabetes with 822mg/dl, I present myself.', 'es': 'Diagnosticado de diabetes con 822mg/dl, me presento.'} Image

Diagnosis of diabetes with 822mg/dl, I present myself.

franjacado's profile photo   11/19/2013 6:39 p.m.

Hello, I just landed in this world of diabetes, and in this forum, and this is my presentation ...

Yes, 822 mg/dl is the note with which I have approved this exam.

I arrived this last Friday to the header doctor to explain that I had been wearing weird days, thirst, with a lot of pee and with a loss of weight, and not even the machine with which he did the glucose test gave the level he had.
Direct to the hospital and admitted 3 days.

I arrived very high but by my own foot, nobody explains how I arrived and how I kept standing.I am 39 years old and I neither smoke nor drink, I think that helped me a lot.

From now on I will closely follow your issues to help and contribute everything you need.

How much have you to be high?

Greetings!!

franjacado's profile photo
franjacado
11/19/2013 6:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Honestly, I had never heard a level of that magnitude.If you have not already had other complications, it is because you will have a pump -proof nature.But obviously you will have to follow a severe diet and the corresponding medication.It would be interesting to know what your evolution is and what they have recommended, therefore make a hole in your time to send us more comments.
A hug and a lot of encouragement.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/20/2013 3 a.m.

I have heard people who have entered more than 1000. The important thing is that this diagnosed and that now give you a good treatment

tica's profile photo
tica
11/20/2013 4:14 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I entered with more than 1000 glucose and I had symptoms for a month or so.I entered conscious, I did not reach the coma.Three days in ICU and a week in plant and home.
Miguel to whom we are type 1 often diagnose with very high glycemia because our evolution is very fast and that is why we do not have any other complication despite those spectacular figures.And no, we have no strict diet that for that we have insulin, to eat everything, moderately but everything.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/20/2013 4:34 a.m.

In the debut it is not difficult to reach those figures ... It is possible that you have been suffering from the symptoms that we all know and at the time of diagnosis you have such high figures.
We were lucky, although Angela noticed "rare things" even months before, the obvious symptoms I noticed them quickly especially because it was hard for him to drink, he had to force her constantly, and from one day, he drank as if he had no background.As I knew about the subject, I quickly suspected that it could be diabetes and in a few days we had the diagnosis, but its debut figure was 213 ... I will not forget it.
By the way, welcome to the forum @ franjacado

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/20/2013 4:39 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

In my case, they diagnosed me with 314 mg/dl, I will not forget that figure, first for what it represented in my life, second because they are the number Pi ... :) :) :)

I also have to say that an 822 had not seen it so far, and cases above 1000, I think it is the first time I read it, I do not doubt they are common! But they are still surprising, surely because I have never happenedFrom 450, and I already notice symptoms to Punta-Pala, as if to be double!;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
11/20/2013 5:04 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It is not the same to have a 400 when you are already in treatment than in the debut.
So I know almost all when debuting you find you very very annoyed.The general state is so bad in many cases that I suppose the symptoms overlap.And of course in treatment if you are usually close to Normoglycemia, it is logical that the organism reacts to both hypoglycemia and a hyper.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/20/2013 5:07 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

My daughter entered with 475, but they told us at the hospital that they had had children who arrived at the hospital with more than 900. I do not want to imagine in what conditions they could be, because she about to enter the ICU and already had many symptoms:A lot of thirst, urinating a lot, blurred vision .......... lucky no organ was damaged.

cristinusky's profile photo
cristinusky
11/20/2013 7:51 a.m.

In children and young people the debut type1 is almost fulminant.So you can be at 800 and just make a few days that diabetes appeared.
My daughter entered with 360 but her glycosylated hemoglobin was 6.5, so she could not spend a long time. If it had taken three more days to go to the doctor, she would surely have entered the UVI with more than 800.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/20/2013 11:14 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Wow!I had never heard such a Nibel !!I debut with 700mg/dl ... what do I recommend is that you read about insulins and differences between them, and if you take any medication, find out about it!beyond the routine schedules that give you the base is insulin :) to my point of view

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
11/20/2013 12:38 p.m.

To my uncle when they diagnosed it with 540 or so and the doctors told him that he told him about a miracle, that a few more days and I did not know .., I had never heard those figures (I thought that the potato pot exploit would explodeThe 400 or so.
Go last !!!

ajd's profile photo
ajd
11/21/2013 11:41 a.m.

The first visit in the doctor looked at the level and in the machine marked Hi (high) and the doctor was strange, he went for another machine to see if he was damaged and the same ... Hi.

He told me that the maximum I could measure was 500 and that is why he decided to send me to the hospital when I did a more accurate test and it was when I was surprised ... in fact I remember that the hospital was crowded with people in emergencies and in less than 10 minutes they attended meAnd they put me in a box.In 15 - 20 minutes I already had a way with insulin.

A week later I am having normal values ​​between 80 and 180 of maximum.

From here I want to mention the great doctors at the General Hospital of Granollers BCN.

franjacado's profile photo
franjacado
11/22/2013 1:50 p.m.

My debut was not very serious, at 30, I was very thirsty, I pisped too often, and I started to see blurry, I also had weight loss, but that didn't matter to me (I've always been filled), from the doctor ofFamily directed me to the hospital running and I was in about 250, they entered me 7 days, and there I got to 450 and did not let me go until I had my first hiccups there, so that I knew what it was.I remember going to walk behind the street dressed and the nurse asking that where the patient was, and I say, but if I'm fine, it is not necessary to enter me later at night alone in the room was when I collapsed when I passed byMy head a lot of thoughts.Despite not being a girl, I had no idea of ​​diabetes, or their treatment or food or anything and I also fell like a jug of cold water (I suppose like most).The highest climb I have had 600 on an birthday of my grandmother and I scared, then of course I regulated so badly for the scare that then hypo: p.I didn't know that such high levels could be reached as those I am reading 900 or 1000. Many mood for regularization!

valky's profile photo
valky
11/22/2013 8:15 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

When I debuted, I would not have the figure that I would have because then there were no meters or at least my family did not tell the figure (it was 33 years ago), but I did stay in my bones and drank non -stop and that to my motherHe raised him and took me to the pediatrician first and then already to the hospital.I spent a month and a half admitted and because my mother already got tired when I already knew what I had to do to take care of me and asked the doctors to discharge me if not knowing how much I had been.With me there were a 6 -month -old girl and a 12 -year -old boy, I was 3.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
11/23/2013 6:12 a.m.

I debut with 586 my mother led me for everything I aid and how thin I was and everything that I drink, when I go to the doctor I go eating my last xupaxus of sugar !! And then 9 days in the hospital.
All the best.

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
11/24/2013 7:44 p.m.

Well, I was great, I never felt fatigue, I saw well, I finally drank water ... is that I did not enter, I ate a lot and lost weight, ideal if you have 10 kilos.Come on, I felt completely especially recovering old clothes ... :))

On the day of the analytics I told the nurse to measure the blood glucose .... 340 on an empty stomach .He kidnapped me directly at the hospital.
The best thing I heard that day went to the gestational endocrine of night emergencies (I spent 24 hours between private emergencies, header, Hospital of the SS) tell me that it was great.Then he clarified that because of my age (forty -few) the diabetes was given in generally obese people and of course I was not.I almost made me want to kiss him.

And I left around 12:00 at night since 7:00 that had gone to analytics.The longest day of my life ....... and I didn't end there my ordeal ... In the pharmacy on guard they gave me insulin when I got home, Tachán!There were no needles ... I almost made me cry.I with an insulin pattern, an "borrowed" glucometer of gestational because there were no and 3 days of party (local festive) return to the pharmacy and from there to the emergency room where they gave me independent insulin needles to take out the pento get out of the way until Monday that was working again.

My complaint .... Emergency endocrine could explain that insulin is sold without needles for feathers ....

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/10/2016 1:51 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I debuted just fulfilled the fifteen, without symptoms (I mean that I was not very thirsty, nor did I ate too much, nor did I feel tired, nor excessively urinated).Simply one day vomiting and in the rigor analytics ... Zas!527. As soon as I vomited, everything happened to me (or at least I thought so) because when I thought they came to discharge the kind doctor, he told me: "You are not left here, with this blood glucose you are diabetic and you are going toThrow a week at least one week. "My mother and I in shock.At that time my notions about diabetes were that I would have to prick insulin for life and could not eat sugar.That day I remember it as quite traumatic not because of the disease itself, if not because of the abruptness of that super empathic doctor.Anyway ... I hope that "lady" learned to empathize a little more with her patients, because if not ...

FunSugarFree's profile photo
FunSugarFree
05/12/2016 11:42 a.m.

Very good !!!, my debut was already a 27 -year -old a whop, a week after 9 years.I do not remember my glycemia, but more than 500 insurance, it was a day of many emotions.
After 6 months in treatment for osteoarthritis (I was 8 years old, but it was the diagnosis of my header before the "laziness" I had), my mother was desperate to see how I consumed me (now I see the photos and the truth that I wasIn the bones) she demanded that the doctor made me a complete analytical, the doctor of a very reluctance, and called to my mother of everything, I accept to make her.
I did the analytics at 8 in the morning and went to school, so normal ...... When we were entering home at the time of the food (about 13:30) the phone ranged from the hospital to knowWhere I was, my mother did not understand anything .... Conclusion: They sent an ambulance for me !!!The truth is that since I did not know anything, I was excited to ride ambulance !!!For me everything was rare, I was "as always", I did not understand what the stir came ... He who spent the fatal was the ambulance technickick in my face (poor man, whenever I remember that moment I die of shame) I panicked the needles and that man was going to click on a finger !!!!!(Ironias of life, you are afraid of needles ...... Well, you need them to live !!!)36 longest hours of my life ... without being able to move from bed, and without understanding what all this came!
Luckily the hospital team (endocrine and educators) were incredible.After 11 days admitted I left happy, and I think that thanks to how well they explained it to me since the inco I have led a "normal" life.

Ervy's profile photo
Ervy
05/12/2016 1:12 p.m.

@Avy that shows that health works when it is needed.
To a work compi the same thing, theirs was worse ... leukemia, but now it is healthy, formed family and is very happy.100%cure.
It is a matter of arriving on time.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/13/2016 9:39 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well I debut with 12 years I remember being on vacation with my parents and putting on a bad day with vomiting and dizziness (I packed it to the thousands of 550 ml coca-cool cans that they had taken, after those vacations was my mother the motherThat I observe what the vast majorNot knowing where I was going, they took me to the Specialized Diabetes Unit from all over Spain of the Red Cross, between and that was plagued by people, they made me an analytical (as there are the panic to the needles was such, that going forThe street, seeing a drug addict, had to change your sidewalk, because I thought I wantedSyringguilla, two insulin vials and tell me the doctor to load such amount, once made he told me to click on my leg (I was traumatized) there I spent 15 days, surrounded by older people, being the only little girl who did not understandnothing.That day I remember him as a great blow that I knocked me down, that I did not know how to fit well or recover from him and that for all this I led to consequences that I am paying.For me it is like being dead in life, not having diabetes, but how I could let that blow let me knocy me and do nothing to get up.Greetings to everyone

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/15/2016 1:58 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.