From 5 with diabetes

lalala8's profile photo   12/08/2013 9:01 a.m.

Good, I am new in the forum and how I have been reading and I seemed very interesting I have decided to introduce myself.

I am 20 years old and I am diabetic.
I have always taken my illness a bit "in secret."I put it in quotes because despite the fact that all my friends and family are knowledgeable about my diabetes, I never talk about them.For me it is like a taboo subject.

I know there are people who have no problem talking about their illness and sharing it with others but for me diabetes is, without a doubt, something that makes me very different from the rest of the people and what I do not feel proud.Each person is a world and everyone accepts things differently.It's like after so many years and having grown up with diabetes I still haven't overcome it.I have my good moments and my downtime moments where I think I still have a long life hooked on this disease.

About 2 weeks ago I decided to put on the insulin bomb (an issue that my father had been trying to convince me years and years.I was afraid.I didn't want to feel like a robot, depending on a machine and carrying it hooked 24 hours a day.And the truth, the first sensations were not as bad as I thought.I am still like a roller coaster.I think of all the punctures that saved me (5 between Levemir and Novorapid) and it's great, it really helps a lot, my muscles began to resent "lipodystrophies" in the legs.But when it comes to dressing to go to college or to go out with friends it costs me a lot because I want it not to notice that I have insulin bomb and the truth is that it is difficult (I know that I should not matter but for the moment I want not not toIt is noticed ...).

So far my story ... hehe I learn a lot reading you and I hope we can share many more issues.

Greetings

lalala8's profile photo
lalala8
12/08/2013 9:01 a.m.

Dando guerra desde 1993 - DM1 desde 1998 - Bombera desde noviembre 2013.

I happened to you for me, it is also a tabu theme that and eating it always eating alone for not wanting to talk to anyone now I speak it a lot with my boyfriend and he helps me a lot, the subject of the pump theme offered it to meAnd I said that I wanted it more than, nothing x fear and feeling like a robot I also think about it but the truth is that I would like to try it even though fear continues

Greetings and welcome to the forum

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
12/08/2013 7:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Lalala8 Welcome to the forum!
About telling or not telling it, there is everything ... I particularly preferdownturn ... And for me I think it's the best ...
I have been the bomb for 4 months and for me, the best site is on the gutter, hold with the clamp.It depends a lot on the clothes you wear, whether you have a lot or little chest ... but it is quite discreet there and you can also put on a foulard, which is no longer noticeable or coña.
I hope you are encouraged to share your experiences with us.;)

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
12/09/2013 5:14 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Hello Campanilla, the truth is that with my short experience of just 2 weeks I encourage you to try it.It is clear that each one accepts it in their own way and what one can do well, to another may not, but I think that with the passing of the days you will adapt and that is that the bomb is a great help toThe control and day to day of a diabetic.
Intruda thanks for the advice.I have tried it on the gutter and although I do not have much chest depending on what clothes or it shows and is quite comfortable.Of course, with the tight dresses I will notit.
Another topic that worries me is that I have no partner and now this of carrying the bomb makes me more difficult to know boys, because I do not feel very safe with myself ... what am I going to do, I suppose not the timeI will get better.

Thank you very much girls!
All the best

lalala8's profile photo
lalala8
12/09/2013 6:27 a.m.

Hello,

I have been with the bomb for about 8 years and if you want to hide it, there can be many tricks ... but in the end you get used to taking it where it is more comfortable.For a long time, take it in the bra, but even side, under the arm, it shows very little.Other times between the pants and the hip ... where the pistol of the hair hahaha carries the gun, there is nothing noticeable, but it is not comfortable to press buttons ... so in the end often ends in their pocket.To get out of Fiestuki it is comfortable to take it in the back pocket and make an auger to pass the catheter without it comes out, so nothing is noticeable (it seems that the mobile or a tobacco package) and the catheter cannot engage.... With high skirts, carrying it in the boot is not uncomfortable either, but you need a catheter of 80, if I ask them to give me ... let's go for places to take it in a disguised way there is much.

The couple's theme, I understand you, I have raised it many times that I would do if I had not already been with my partner ... He doesn't care as minimally, I give him more importance than him ... I think thatIn case of starting with another boy I would take it away and that day I would walk with the bolis ... A TiMatadita ... Then I would explain it.You can ask the endocrine, what about some pattern for 12 -hour disconnections ... such as putting NPH or something like that, ...

tica's profile photo
tica
12/09/2013 9:12 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Thanks Tica for your advice.I will test the sites to take it and so in the end I will keep the most comfortable hehe to see if I am caught the calm to the bomb.

On the subject guys I don't know what I will do ... At the moment I will focus on me and be sure and calm with this new companion that I have thrown out and that the truth is not going to be separated from my hahaha, I have always thought that I would end up withA diabetic for what already knows much more about you than any other boy can know, but it does not have to be so and also, when you know someone does not carry a poster that puts "I am diabetic."In addition, there are many more chances of ending up falling in love with someone non-diabetic, so I can go to the idea of ​​dealing with the subject without nerves or worries and without thinking about the "what will they say."

And another question, what areas do you consider better to carry the catheter?I have only taken it in the abdomen and I change from side to side but I don't know if you just end up putting it other more comfortable areas.

lalala8's profile photo
lalala8
12/09/2013 11:47 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.