With diabetes in Nepal, the story

fer's profile photo   12/10/2013 10:55 a.m.

"I am a diabetic and I want to do a trekking to the base field of Everest," said Susana Ruiz Mostazo's adventure that we told you a few weeks ago, before she started her adventure with diabetes in Nepal.Now she is a patient with Basque diabetes, she does not count on the following lines as she has gone and which have been her most outstanding experiences.A first person story that we offer today to show you that diabetes does not limit anything.On the contrary, on many occasions it can be a great incentive to overcome.This Susana's story, a person with diabetes in Nepal.

First of all, I want to tell you how it has gone, and transmit many spirits so that you intend to perform all the dreams you have in Ment, without the diabetes ever involving a barrier or an obstacle to it, rather a stimulus to meet you more,To learn more about your illness and be able to control it and be able to carry out, everything you want.

The important thing is to have good metabolic control and a good glucosylated hemoglobin before proposing to do anything.Once you have this controlled, to dream.Write what you want to do on paper and do it.I dreamed with Everest and this is my adventure with diabetes in Nepal.

I marched on November 5 for Nepal, where I was waiting for the Himalayas, the Mecca of many mountaineers.

The night before starting trekking, I was very nervous.He had planned and prepared this trip with a lot of care and wanted him to go very well.For months training in the gym, using Faes Farma Gluc Up to avoid hypoglycemia or control them, escape to the Pyrenees to test the Menarini Diagnostics Telemedicine system, with which I have been able to send my medical data to my medical equipment and these haveIt could be advised, managing the continuous monitor of Glucosa dexcom 4 from Novalab Iberica that has been a basic tool for the success of this trekking.

This monitor has allowed me to be able to control glycemia levels in real time and at all times.It updated the data every 5 minutes.I had only to calibrate it a couple of times a day with the glucometer and voila.

He was wearing him in the backpack in sight, to look at each other.I was controlling above all the trend that marked.If the glucose was climbing, it was stable or went down.With this I was playing with insulin and hydrates.I knew if I had to replenish hydrates, if I had to complete with fast insulin.He not only knew that he had 150 glycemia, but if it was stable, climbed or went down.

With this control, I have achieved, in 18 days of trekking not suffering any hypoglycemia, because I anticipated them.As soon as I saw that sugar was going down, I replied without suffering any dizziness, or down, nothing to continue my expedition with diabetes in Nepal.All those symptoms that make us feel bad and bother us have disappeared during this trekking thanks to this monitor.

The trip has been an incredible, hard, intense experience, and with wild views.We have seen several eight thousand such as Everest, Luchse, Makalu, Cho Oyu, but we have also enjoyed the Amadablan, uploaded the Gokio Ri and Kalaphatatar and suffered the passage to the Solokhumbu Valley with the journey through the famous Chola Pass.

We made the route from Jiri (1955 meters of altitude, where he started his adventure Edmund Hillary), we continued through Lukla, we arrived at Nanche Bazar, where we were acclimatizing two days and we went into the Sagarmatha park (Everest in Neapalí) to start theTrekking at an altitude already more important above 4000 and go to Gokio, climb Gokio Ri, cross the glacier, enter the Chola Pass towards the Solokumbu ValleEverest base, the ice waterfall.

During the first part ofTrekking with diabetes in Nepal, the landscape was very different, to an altitude much more shy (1955-3000 meters) the green still prevailed, although in the background, as a strong white light, the great lords of the Himalayas were already divided.

Timidly we approached the arid terrain, dust, lifeless, or typical height trees.Only the colors of the houses of the villages that we were passing were putting on the landscape along with the great mountains that were appearing around us.Soon the snow, the ice and more mountains joined.They overwhelmed you, surrounded you and wrapped you at the same time.The sensation was wonderful and fearful.The land was increasingly wild, winter, overwhelming.The Sun appeased the feeling of the cold during the trekking and helped to ascend Gokio's peaks, allowing us to enjoy his top, but not that of the Kalaphatatar, for which we had to go down soon because of the intense cold he did.

When I got up, I cried, I cried with joy for having arrived, with joy for having achieved a dream and being able to give positive news about diabetes.With diabetes, dreams can be fulfilled.I also cried with rage, for all those who for a long time had told me that I could not be with diabetes in Nepal, which was impossible.And I remembered that timid girl of 11 years 20 years ago they said on dates close to the current ones that was diabetic.I saw the evolution since then and everything I have learned.Fighting for what you want is the best we can do.

Exhausted and happy at the same time, take out all the photos I could to immortalize the moment.That is why he sent you these photos to enjoy them, I hope to convey with them, the greatness of the Himalayas mountains, their strength and courage.You can see them below.

He sent you a very big hug and I hope you fulfill all your dreams.

Follow more information about the adventure at Link
December 9, 2013 • First person

fer's profile photo
fer
12/10/2013 10:55 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.