{'en': 'Christmas and other parties, lack of control ...', 'es': 'La Navidad y demás fiestas,  el descontrol...'} Image

Christmas and other parties, lack of control ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo   12/27/2013 2:58 a.m.

Happy parties.

Although it is sought to make an effort and prohibit both the amount in general and some food in particular, in the end one ends up abusing these days.Let's see who is deprived of that good stew that they have prepared at home, or some sweet.

Type I, adjusting the fast insulin dose you have quite well.But type II is more complicated.
Today I want to comment on how I evolve in particular, in case it usually happens to someone else.The problem is not just that day and the morning of the next.

It happens to me that when getting out of control and dawn with a very high level (on the 25th it was 200), then it took several days to return to the usual levels.It costs me to stabilize them, even if I return to my normal diet.

It goes down, but as I say, up to three or four days, I do not return to the previous measurements;It is as if the organism had been loaded with glucose, or that the pancreas stresses and the insulin that produces it further reduced.

Greetings and good entry and exit of the year, if possible without these incidents.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/27/2013 2:58 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I also woke up at 154 on Christmas Eve on Christmas Eve;to 161 on the 26th with Christmas food and a very light dinner;And finally yesterday 27, to 148. Today, after putting two more units of Lantus last night of which I have prescribed (10+2 units) the glucometer has marked 100. That is, I have taken three days to return to my usual numbers.Anyway, it is what there is Christmas.Now another decompensation per new year .... Let's see if it happens soon.Good numbers for all.

glgmas's profile photo
glgmas
12/28/2013 2:27 p.m.

Yo, sin trampa ni cartón. A crystal-clear portrait of myself.
DM2 desde 1998. DM2IR desde Septiembre 13' Metformina/Sitagliptina + Lantus
Hemo Sep 13: 10,60
Hemo Dic 13: 6,40

Well, something similar happens to me.I have increased from glycemias from 100 to 150 and as I am type two diabetics it costs to regulate sugar without insulin.And the serious thing is not only the holiday but how are there food remains a little more days and so it costs to return to normal values.I have already stayed with the friends to return on January two to the walks of an hour and a half daily.
The good part is that Pope Noel has brought me a little plate where he puts my name, the blood group and the word "diabetic".
Good year entry for all and happy holidays.Be good !!!

nina45's profile photo
nina45
12/29/2013 5:39 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

This morning 119 before breakfast.Then 1h30 of walk.Food with tiramisú ... uf!.Tonight Lantus prescribed 10 units).Bets are admitted for tomorrow on an empty stomach ...;)

glgmas's profile photo
glgmas
12/29/2013 5:04 p.m.

I do this diabetes if I understand that they rise !!!These days were giving values ​​of 150 (Christmas and day 26 holiday in Catalonia and therefore comilona's day too) and until here everything within the logic.On the other hand, I was Christmas food yesterday with the family to the restaurant.I ate a scheix (cod, tomato, onion and green pepper), some veal cheeks with their sauce, its potato and its artichokes.Orange dessert with confined orange (with sugar) and its sauce coverage with Contreau, a cut (this with saccharin) and a glass of Contreau.Well, after all that and dinner a glass of milk with wet bread dawn today ... Tachan ... 128 !!!I thought it would be 200 as a minimum.I really don't understand it.To which I have removed the pasta and rice (which I ate at Christmas) below right away.And all that despite al.postre sweet and the sweetest cup yet.In the end mysteries of the disease ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
12/30/2013 4:21 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Ultima glicosila 6

It is true, Nina, that this disease sometimes obeys normal guidelines, and gives us surprises in one sense or another.
What you comment has also happened to me, go to eat out, something happens to me, and get to the idea that after two hours of the food was going to be in the clouds, and yet it was much lower than other days.It may be that I change the rhythm, that you are more on the street those days, that I know ...
Because the opposite also happens, there are nights that you go to bed with a very acceptable level, you make a light dinner, you get up in the morning thinking that you will be very stable and it turns out that you have a much higher level.
Well, you know ... every day out there of restaurant food, if you can afford it.
See you later.

DiabetesForo
12/30/2013 4:39 a.m.

Hello happy parties and a rapid recovery of good numbers to all.
Recently, they diagnosed me, on Christmas Eve he ate nougat but since at dinner I had not taken carbohydrates the numbers were good, but at Christmas, two meals in a row with excess nougat were a lot to maintain good figures, I already recovered the normal levels.
I hope that at the end of the year and new year I will not have an lack of control, although not taking chocolate with churros in the morning I do not know how I will take it.
Greetings and good parties

mgp's profile photo
mgp
12/30/2013 11:02 a.m.

DM desde 18/11/13
Apidra 2-2-2 (base de cálculo)
Lantus a la noche 20

It hasn't been bad ... 110 this morning ... we will continue to inform ... bip ... bip ... bip ...

glgmas's profile photo
glgmas
12/30/2013 3:05 p.m.

Miguel: Hahaha because that will be the solution: I will go from Farri every day hahaha.Well, the 31st I went from the beautiful chocolate and cava cupcake and dawn on the 1st to 136 sugar.I really do not understand ... unless a honeymoon period is passing because we go, suggest a little rice or a plate of pasta than a sweet or a glass of alcohol.If someone occurs to what they may be because they tell me.To walk sure not because with the parties I have left the walks until today that we return to normal (in exercise and diet).Good year for everyone

nina45's profile photo
nina45
01/02/2014 6:47 a.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

New Year 136 On an empty stomach (after seafood, meat, dessert and cava on New Year's Eve).I will not complain ...

glgmas's profile photo
glgmas
01/02/2014 2:05 p.m.

Well, I'm glad for that good New Year measurement.I think it is due in much to those foods that you quote (except for the dessert that we ignore what it consisted of), they are basically proteins and therefore one can exceed something with them.
So to continue the year with a good streak.

DiabetesForo
01/03/2014 2:51 a.m.

Thanks Miguel.Chocolate dessert and cream with the twelve grapes in syrup of peeled without pepitas.Fortunately I continue with good numbers, this morning 121.

glgmas's profile photo
glgmas
01/03/2014 2:24 p.m.

Well, I explain my daughter's New Year's Eve, who was a movidita ,:
Hicm of 40 after dinner, a yogour was taken with two tablespoons of sugar, so that the dizziness was passed.After the grapes, 90, and went partying ..., 155 at 3, and put two quickly to take something like everyone else, but it had to happen and arrived at 7 in the morning with 400 (lessbad that we only see that figure once a year).He put 4 quickly and lay down.
At 9 I was 200 and I put 1 quick while I slept.
At 12 he put the Lantus and was at 120. He continued sleeping and, before eating, at 15:30, he was already 90.
And from there, already within normal, for a type 1.
One day is a day, and a New Year's Eve you have to enjoy it.
Happy year!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/03/2014 2:30 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

GLGMAS Well hears very good numbers for the "Cenorra" that you got hahaha (you are of mine hahaha).Hopefully many days.
Regina is what Type I diabetics have to prove insulin doses until it is right, but as you say once a year and life must be enjoyed to the fullest that happens very quickly.
Well, I still have a celebration this year: the vispe of kings, but as it is at my sister and my niece is type I diabetic because I imagine that I will always have a dinner that we can eat both (if we will already happen withThe Roscon de Reyes hahaha).Well I'll tell you ... a kiss to everyone.

nina45's profile photo
nina45
01/04/2014 4:31 a.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

Well, what was said in the end we had a cocktail of prawns and some cannelloni.NormalWhere we spent a little was in the Roscon de Reyes and today glycemia of 130 that is not so bad either.It seems that the holidays have not uncontrolled me.Now to return to the routine.Kisses

nina45's profile photo
nina45
01/06/2014 5:49 a.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

Well, for me the worst, the Lunch of the Day of Kings, with seafood, turkey and dessert ... the next day, without dinner just anything- a little mold bread with light cheese and cooked ham plus a glass of half-nacked milk-and with two extra of Lantus ... 158 A fast yesterday Tuesday !!!!!Today 120. Finally the holidays have ended ...

glgmas's profile photo
glgmas
01/08/2014 3:15 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.