insulin

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/15/2014 6:13 a.m.

Hello, a question that happens if I had all my insulins in the refrigerator but at night a few cm were hugged to lose the insulin if or not?How much does an insulin endure once it was cold?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/15/2014 6:13 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If it were just a hour, nothing will happen.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/15/2014 11:15 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The insulin you use can have (and I think you owe) outdoors, not in the fridge.At room temperature they last 1 month.After 1 month, pull it, whatever you have left.And of course not the sun or at high temperatures.

The one you had in the fridge, I suppose that the cold chain has not broken, but if I had done it, it would not happen much either ... if you see that it works badly or makes you strange things, you throw it and ready.

farstar's profile photo
farstar
01/15/2014 3:16 p.m.

Hello good,
The insulin that one uses daily lasts approximately 1 month having it at room temperature without exposing it to the sun as it has been said and the one you do not use is preserved in the refrigerator and the care to have is that it does not freeze and should not be taken out andSave several times or the one that is saved or the one that is in use because it is losing effect by subjecting it to the large temperature changes (apart if you apply it cold burdens)

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
02/10/2014 12:39 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.