Hi, I'm New and a three -year -old boy with diabetes

Pam's profile photo   01/25/2014 4:55 p.m.

Hello, I am new too, my three -year -old son The Julio Pasode diagnosed him with type I diabetes, it has been a shock for the whole family because we have no equal case ...
He uses the Pompa of Medtronic, for now although it is a mess to change the catheter because it is painful for him and is always a drama ...

Yesterday we have lived its first virus .. The sugar did not stop giving boats up and down ... We have measured the sugar every hour.Thank God he has been better today but the truth is that the night was hell ...

I have decided to sign up for the forum because the cases of children so small with diabetes are very little and support is somewhat difficult when you do not know people similar to your case ... so I see this an opportunity so that I can be prepared for the needsFrom my son and be able to do my best.

Greetings to all

Pam's profile photo
Pam
01/25/2014 4:55 p.m.

Madre de Alejandro de 3 años, diagnosticado en Julio de 2013
Usa la bomba de Medtronic. Insulina: Novorapid
Residimos en Viena.

Hello, I tell you, my daughter to put the breathless use the "emla" cream that is anesthetical and it is going very well because it does not complain and says that nothing notice.Greetings and luck.

paulamolina's profile photo
paulamolina
01/25/2014 5:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much Paulamolina, I will consult the pharmacy.
And one question: you apply some ointment for the puncture to recover before?My son has a long time left in the skin, I have tried with Aloe Vera and Bepenthanol but the difference is not much.

All the best

Pam's profile photo
Pam
01/25/2014 5:22 p.m.

Madre de Alejandro de 3 años, diagnosticado en Julio de 2013
Usa la bomba de Medtronic. Insulina: Novorapid
Residimos en Viena.

Hi Pam: My daughter debuted with 22 months and D that 3 years ago.I can not hay the insufflon because I do not use it, but do not hesitate to ask everything that occurs.Much encouragement PQ is a complicated topic ... greetings

White's profile photo
White
01/25/2014 6:20 p.m.

Welcome to the forum to the new moms ...
I tell you that there is a thread of parents where you can read many experiences ... unfortunately there are a few parents of young children who have left their own here.
EMLA or Lambdalina cream is a local anesthetic that helps the catheter hurt less.We before tb.We used it.Surely you are doing well ...
If the catheter leaves you "mark" I advise you to use an Aloe Vera or Rosa Mosqueta cream, and if it is infected there is an ointment called "Bactroban" that is an antibiotic for surface skin infections.Consult it with the doctor or pharmaceutical.
I leave you in the parents of parents:

Link

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/27/2014 6:05 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello, I am a new mom in this forum and I am a little lost.I don't know if this thread is recently or nobody reads, because I don't see the date, hehe.
I present myself, my name is Andrea, I live in Seville and my 3 -year -old son Daniel has diagnosed Diabetes Mellitus type 1 on January 8 of this year.I think it is now in the "honeymoon" phase because I am only putting the insulin at noon and at night, a unit and a half of slow (NPH) and a fast unit (Humalog).I have had to remove the insulin in the morning because it went down every day at 14:30.
I have many doubts and above all I feel a little alone, because although now I am tracing, we are having a bad time at home with all this.
I would like to talk to more dads and moms who have gone through this and share this little struggle we have every day.

Andrea's profile photo
Andrea
02/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

@Andrea, we follow you in the parents of parents.The dates is a mistake that we are trying to solve.Welcome!!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/19/2014 7:11 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone !!I am a new mother here, I tell you a little my story.I have a 22 -month -old daughter who debuted 5, it was a shock for everyone since there is no one with diabetes in the family and we didn't know exactly that all this diabetes was going.Now every day is an unknown, so to speak, since as much as we control it, it does not just stabilize and that has us quite overwhelmed and worried.
We do not know anyone in our same situation and although I understand that people try to encourage you by telling you things like "nothing happens", "there are worse things", "when it is greater it will be easier", etc ... I think people do not end upTo understand how really hard this disease is, it is true that there are very worse diseases but we have had to live this and, although, when they are older it will be "easier", now it is very hard.I suppose that like me, you will be many parents and moms that you will feel "alone" and with a lotThus to be able to make our day to day a little easier.

RocioFT's profile photo
RocioFT
02/24/2014 7:40 p.m.

@Rocioft, I have answered you in your presentation.I have invited you to chat in the parents of parents, we are sure to encourage you a little.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/25/2014 6:12 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.