Sexuality and diabetes

daiana29's profile photo   02/02/2014 4:04 p.m.

hi how are things?My question is whether diabetes affects the person's sexuality?If a person with diabetes has fewer sexual encounters than a normal? I hope they can help me with this doubt.thank you!

daiana29's profile photo
daiana29
02/02/2014 4:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I don't think it affects at all :)

otti's profile photo
otti
02/02/2014 5:17 p.m.

Not flatly.

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
02/02/2014 5:41 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Oki, thanks for taking time to answer

daiana29's profile photo
daiana29
02/02/2014 7:55 p.m.

Well, it depends, if you are perfectly controlled and you have no dry cause caused by the sugar because not much, only the added stress that means being aware of glucose, insulin, low, etc.

But if diabetes is either because it is not well controlled or for many years that you have it, it causes you physiological problems in sexual organs, because of course it affects you.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/03/2014 12:33 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

It is quite proven that long -term diabetes and without good control affects the sexuality of the male in an important way.As it is well known, this disease affects the cardiovascular system and in the same way that it damages the arteries, in principle where they are very fine (eyes, kidneys), it can also attack the natural mechanism that produces erection in man, with the consequent problemsof impotence.
You have to be realistic: if diabetes is not controlled and the patient refuses to recognize his problem, you end up being a human wink, in all aspects.On the contrary, getting control will mean many years with quality of life.
Women can also affect them, with sexual absence, vaginal dryness, etc.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/03/2014 2:50 a.m.

Miguel said:
You have to be realistic: if diabetes is not controlled and the patient refuses to recognize his problem, you end up being a human wink, in all aspects.On the contrary, getting control will mean many years with quality of life.

And neither do we have to blame the sick, there are diabetics with bad luck and that with even very good control when the years pass a problem.Either a principle of retinopathy or in men erection problems.:(

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/03/2014 3:38 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

No one intends to blame the patient in general, Sherpa.
There are cases of everything, diabetics that without any control, have some kind of gene that protects them from diabetes and does not suffer damage over time.And others, all day sacrificed, suffer their sequelae.
The writing I have made is clear: the patient who refuses to recognize his problem .. He who does not want to accept that he is diabetic.That of course is guilty of their own evils.

DiabetesForo
02/03/2014 4:07 a.m.

I agree with everything you say, I only thought it necessary to add those cases.

And I would also say that in type 1 it is difficult not to accept that you are sick, because if you do not do everything to do, you are fatal right away.In type 2 I suppose there is more margin.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/03/2014 4:26 a.m.

Let us know that my answer was to the question "if a person with diabetes has less sexual encounters than a normal one?"

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
02/03/2014 4:33 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Well, I don't think there are guilty of any kind.Type II are those that are more dangerous because they are not bad even if they do not take care of themselves.The disease is very annoyed and harms you in the long term but without noticing anything immediately.In my opinion there is a mixture of ignorance of the disease and neglect.Type II has behind him a long journey of bad habits acquired and renouncing what we are used to costs a lot.Rather comparently of them for having a disease who is a daughter of his mother and kills you slowly ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
02/03/2014 4:48 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

As Intruda says, experience tells me not to flatly!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/03/2014 5:53 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hehehe ... it would be to clarify so much, so much ...
A "sexual encounter" can be as many times as you want, be diabetic or not.Because sexuality is very, very varied.It is more than a simple penetration, as we usually understand by lack of adequate education.
Very different issue is that in that sexual encounter, the classical relationship is achieved, and if there is no classical relationship, it is when we refer to that there are impotence or similar problems.
Therefore ... sexual encounters, those who want, no doubt.But that long -term diabetes causes impotence problems in the male, is more than demonstrated.
However, it is convenient to make a clarification, and it is something well known: in mind is power ... and I say it for their own experience, as Velia says
To those who have a problem, therefore, nothing to demoralize.Try it again and again, but without marking that supreme goal of an erection, because if so, failure can be safe.And once the stres has overcome, fears defeated, the thing can go much better.
Greetings.

DiabetesForo
02/03/2014 6:38 a.m.

Thank you all!

daiana29's profile photo
daiana29
02/03/2014 10:50 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.