Andalusia will be the first community to finance the diabetes flash system

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo   10/26/2015 11:26 p.m.

Let's see what you think of this news! Link

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
10/26/2015 11:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, it seems that some politician has some conscience.Let's see what the other communities take to do the same.

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
10/26/2015 11:35 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

It is very important that the importance of continuous measurement is recognized
and that it subsidizes, and it would still be better if the Dexcom would be subsidized, which is much more reliable.But it is very good to have started with this new treatment.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/27/2015 12:53 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It seems fatal to me.My arguments coincide with what these people expose, two of the main Spanish bloggers on diabetes:
Link
Link

We must achieve financing for all continuous measurement systems (and in all CCAA), and not only for the "flash" system that refers only to Abbott's.

That by the way free freestyle is not a continuous glucose meter, it does not transmit data in real time and has no alarms, so it is not announced as a continuous meter, because by law it cannot do so, and it self -domers with the "flash"

I don't want to repeat everything I put in the articles I have put, so I refer to them.

There is really eager for this technology to be affordable to everyone, but you have to do things well.
The ones that seem to be doing things well are those of Abbott with their commercials and Persuasion skills.
Meanwhile Dexcom has the best technology, but they do not know how to do the or a commercially out of countries with private medical insurance, and they still have inflated prices only suitable for rich.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/27/2015 12:59 a.m.

@Arotorias, you have to start with something ..., you have to start by recognizing that continuous measurement can revolutionize the treatment, at least it will be used to recognize the importance of the strips and not escatimen them.
And yes, those of Abbot are very good commercial and, those of Dexcom, no.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/27/2015 1:05 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Fatal?It also seems bad to me that the Dexcom is not financed (my girl uses the Dexcom), but there is nothing wrong with the free freestyle to everyone, we cannot expect them to go from 0 to 100 in a stroke, but it is an improvement for all diabetic people who cannot pay it.
It is good news, insufficient yes, but good news.

Con_Q_de_quimica
10/27/2015 1:10 a.m.

I use Dexcom, and it would not seem good for social security to pay 300 euros or more for a transmitter of the G5 that lasts 3 months without stretching it more.
In UK 350 pounds every 3 months of transmitters: Link "pleasRequired Event 3 months with This Device. "

The SS does not have to spend public money on such nonsense by Dexcom, it is a scam and an insult.

With the G4 it would be somewhat more viable, but 400 euros every year is still a joke in bad taste.

You cannot use public money to pay prices that are clearly a scam, much would have to put on its part Dexcom and negotiate a significant reduction of costs by selling their products to the SS.

And Abbott the same huh?Free Freestyle has a lower cost than Dexcom but if you compare it in benefits, it is even more expensive in relation to what it is worth and what it offers.

At the moment I would settle for me to give me a small help, to be able to afford the measurement system that I consider to adapt to my needs.

But let's be just my opinion, and for what I see online many people have reacted angry at the opinions of the bloggers that I have linked.
ABBOTT's have to be rubbing their hands but well.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/27/2015 1:20 a.m.

In addition, many people have requested it, collecting signatures, even.They may not know the Dexcom, because Abbot has published very well (maybe too well, because there is waiting list and that is not very admissible)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/27/2015 1:21 a.m.

That's what it is about!, Even if we associate the states (or in this case the autonomous communities) will always have a greater capacity to negotiate prices.Fix how much a boat boat costs (those of my girl about € 54), and use 2 per month, if we compare it to what health already spends on strips is not so expensive either.

Con_Q_de_quimica
10/27/2015 1:26 a.m.

But to the SS the strips cost him much less, he negotiates them at a much lower price than normal.

I hope you also negotiate a significant price reduction if you finally carry out the free freestyle.

I see those of Dexcom that they will continue in their thirteen, pigeonholed in their stubborn trade policy and will not want to reduce a euro.Much regret, and harming myself but being objective, I hope that in that case the SS does not negotiate with them.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/27/2015 1:32 a.m.

I see it as a step forward.A advance towards better diabetes control.

calerun's profile photo
calerun
10/27/2015 9:53 a.m.

In our case that we have been with diabetes for a short time, it is a beginning, a hope ...... What is little, but what is better than nothing.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/27/2015 10:09 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

artories said:

The SS does not have to spend public money on such a nonsense by Dexcom, it is a scam and an insult.

I disagree.The price of the products puts those who produce them.He will know his costs and the sale price that he estimates appropriate.Those of us who use it are the ones who must decide if the product is worth it.In the case of Dexcom I think so, and I think you also use it.
The SS is obliged to offer the best possible health service.And it covers much more expensive things that I do not comment best for not introducing a new debate.If Dexcom is the best in continuous measurement and its use improves the patient's health, the SS has to do everything possible to cover it.

Among other things, we all talk about the price of Dexcom and none of the price of insulin bombs, which I think are not cheap and also carry their consumables.Maybe because since the SS pays them, we are no longer worried about its price.

As they have said above, to finance an MCG should be throughout Spain and any brand.It is as if only an insulin pump mark was financed and that, in addition, it was the only one in which you had to press a button every 5 minutes to pass the insulin.

I don't like the news either.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
10/27/2015 11:09 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Hello everyone !!Thanks to a pharmaceutical friend we find out what they pay here in Galicia for a box of strips that costs approximately € 50 without financing of Sergas.The Sergas of those € 50 pays the pharmacy about € 32 so that the pharmaceutical one is profitable they have to sell many boxes for the laboratory to give them one and so they do not lose in the sale.We pay about € 0.45 per box, the difference is bestial.For us if they financed us, it would be great because it is what we use, and little expense we do to Sergas that the only thing that is paying us are a few boxes of strips that we remove (we do not remove everything scheduled) and insulin.The needles are a m ... and we buy them and the lancetas do not finance them ...

Enma's profile photo
Enma
10/27/2015 11:14 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

enma said:
hello to everyone !!Thanks to a pharmaceutical friend we find out what they pay here in Galicia for a box of strips that costs approximately € 50 without financing of Sergas.The Sergas of those € 50 pays the pharmacy about € 32 so that the pharmaceutical one is profitable they have to sell many boxes for the laboratory to give them one and so they do not lose in the sale.We pay about € 0.45 per box, the difference is bestial.For us if they financed us, it would be great because it is what we use, and little expense we do to Sergas that the only thing that is paying us are a few boxes of strips that we remove (we do not remove everything scheduled) and insulin.The needles are a m ... and we buy them and the lancetas do not finance them ...

The state pays for each box of strips about 12 euros and you do not see what in most communities it costs to give you one or two more than 3 boxes that have established by type1 patient.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/27/2015 11:52 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Let's see my doubts that happen.Think that we are in campaign there.Hopefully I am wrong.But to see strips you can't stop giving because the system is not reliable 100%, more expense?Will they give it to all diabetics?Let's see if they are not able to supply those who have it now and only send those who correspond, how will they?How many people are on the waiting list and since when?I see everything very strange

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/27/2015 11:56 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hello!!I don't want them to stop supplying strips !!I need to contrast, but it is evident that we use much less since we have free ....

Enma's profile photo
Enma
10/27/2015 11:59 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Hello,

I am a free user, it seems fantastic that someone bets on taking a step forward.I think that the free should not be compared to the Dexcom, but with the strips that is what they pay us all.Hopefully Abbott achieves many more supply contracts and squeeze the price well, so that it is not a huge expense for the SS.Too bad that the money that the SS is now spent in Andalusia will not be reflected in the health of patients for a few years, so surely the people who have decided to finance it will not take the merits they deserve.In politics, health spending that does not impact immediately on voters is not a good investment, it is better to lower the waiting lists 15 days before the elections to be able to boast of it.

Free users are a market that was not known that it existed, and has overwhelmed all Abbot's forecasts.When Dexcom and company see that there is business in Spain and Europe, you will see how they get something to compete with Abbot, but it will not be the G4 or anything similar, it will be a lower product, for this market sector.If I had a lot of pasta and understood some bag, I would go to buy ABBOT shares right now...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/27/2015 1:44 p.m.

aaandres said:
As they have said above, to finance an MCG should be throughout Spain and any brand.It is as if only an insulin pump mark was financed and that, in addition, it was the only one in which you had to press a button every 5 minutes to pass the insulin.

I love your example, it is one of the things I mean.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/27/2015 6:18 p.m.

It seems to me an important starting point, but hopefully this is also done in the rest of the communities and that both measurement systems are included.
This is like the topic bombs, devices, strips ... etc. If you stop reading

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
10/27/2015 7:24 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.