450 Why?

valky's profile photo   02/12/2014 3:40 p.m.

Situation: Yesterday night, before dinner, 170. It made an eternity that we did not eat at home sausages of Franfurt, so I made a sandwich.100gr of bread (5.5 rations of HC), 2 Franfurt and Kétchup sausages.I put 12 units when at a normal dinner I wear 8 (calculating more for bread, ketchup ...), I put it in my leg as usual.2 hours later and before bed I was 450 !!Then I put the usual lantus and I correct in 2 units of fast (pulling low).At 5.00 in the morning, at 40!This is crazy, today I have been super exhausted today.But, can anyone think of a logical explanation for this?Franfurt does not have many hydrates not to do that to me?Could it be that insulin had no immediate effect?Will it be to click on my leg, a little on the side in the cartridges where there is more fat?
: -S

valky's profile photo
valky
02/12/2014 3:40 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

To me for example when I put the pump on my thighs I am all the time to 200 .... I don't lower me!

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
02/12/2014 5:55 p.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

If I have it @valki the Kepchup by norm has sugar and the bread is slowly absorbed by LantantFat that takes more to absorb and you will get together the 2 bowling ... but this happens to us all once :)

otti's profile photo
otti
02/12/2014 6:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It had to be that it took insulin to act ... that's why you had the hypo.In the leg, it takes longer to absorb.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/12/2014 6:11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks for the response, for the possibilities of ketchup, the puncture zone so slow, and for knowing that I am not the only one that has ever happened to you :)

valky's profile photo
valky
02/13/2014 6:53 p.m.

At the time of V
Eat these meals snacks with Kechut sausages.Or pizza.Or empanadillas.Its handling is complicated.It carries everything HC fast and slower along with fat we have armed the pump for swings to go up and down.The calculations and corrections leads us to difficult

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
08/19/2017 12:19 a.m.

Quiet Valky those things happen, it is the imbalars of Ig with insulin speed.This is a background race, you never have to lower your guard, nor get depressed.

Paulescu's profile photo
Paulescu
08/19/2017 12:26 a.m.

LADA desde 2-2010/ 44 años
Lantus 16 u en tránsito a Toujeo / Novorapid 4/6/5

valky said:
situation: yesterday night, before dinner, 170. I did an eternity that we did not eat at home sausages of Franfurt, so I made a sandwich.100gr of bread (5.5 rations of HC), 2 Franfurt and Kétchup sausages.I put 12 units when at a normal dinner I wear 8 (calculating more for bread, ketchup ...), I put it in my leg as usual.2 hours later and before bed I was 450 !!Then I put the usual lantus and I correct in 2 units of fast (pulling low).At 5.00 in the morning, at 40!This is crazy, today I have been super exhausted today.But, can anyone think of a logical explanation for this?Franfurt does not have many hydrates not to do that to me?Could it be that insulin had no immediate effect?Will it be to click on my leg, a little on the side in the cartridges where there is more fat?
: -S

@VALUKE Affects the type of bread, when as a snack with the bread of always, calculate and normally the clove.But when it is another type of bread, the party begins!And Frankfurt type bread or try it, I think it is the type of Arina but that is more complicated.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
08/20/2017 6:06 p.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

My daughter has been clicking on the thigh for a year and without problem, in recent months there is no way, if you do more than 300 insurance.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
08/21/2017 9:05 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I never the leg in my leg.
@"Valky" the two bowling gathered, that's why you went to Hip.It happens to me with fat.... Now I only rectify when 3 hours have passed the first bolus that is seeing loses effect.I do control all the time.... how scares of hiccups I have taken several

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/21/2017 10:21 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"ROCIOLLINARES" I just punctuate it to me if I want the effect of insulin to slow down for some certain type of food, I have proven that if I sulked quickly in the leg not only slows down the effect but that the amountThat I put is reduced by a percentage, that is, if I put 10u the effect it does to me is as if they were 7 or 8u, so most of the time they are hyper, my endocrine said that it would be imaginations of mine but in the end it in the end"I did" come under the reason explaining it to the graphic of the free 2 days in a row eating the same with the same units and puncture in gut and leg.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/21/2017 10:51 a.m.

Hello,

Although it does not come much to the case, just add to the perfect explanations they have given you, that the effect of insulin is also affected by heat.I had beastly drops because I usually click on my belly.Until I realized that it was because of the heat of the fire doing the barbecue.That is why now if I am going to be in front of the fire, I click on any back zone of the body or on the side of the legs ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/24/2017 8:21 a.m.

What do I say that I could put an apron?:))

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/24/2017 8:22 a.m.

The truth is that there are always slopes ... that you already go crazy thinking about what I have failed, and reasons of solution.In that case, that day, I have learned since then not to click on my legs (or only in some exceptional case as Sigsauser said), when they are fatty meals (which I try to be the least possible), click about 10-15Minutes before, I put the Lantus in the morning and also now it is Tresiba that has also improved the curves, and on top of the Dexcom it helps me to meet better.But yes, you have to always be failing to learn :) Or as Rocío says, it simply changes our body and the usual does not work hehe.AISHHHThanks for your opinions!

valky's profile photo
valky
08/26/2017 12:22 a.m.

Estimated Valky:

The reason to have 450 glycemia is: sausages carry sugar in their composition.
I bet what you want !!

Ismael Forcada Bagant's profile photo
Ismael Forcada Bagant
08/28/2017 1:31 p.m.

@"Sigsauer" you will have to come see my endo.I said that of insulin, if I click on the arm or leg loses effect.My theory is that I have little fat in that area, a lot of muscle and that is why it loses part of its action.In the gut I have the molla to be sitting and it is where it works best.
By the way, does anyone know how to lose the gut molla?:)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/30/2017 8:09 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Ruthbia" that happens to me in the legs in which I have no fat that I know that the effect of insulin is much lower than in ass, arm or gut or what I tell the endo, that I getThey lose the units on the knees, if you do not believe it you can leave the bolis and do the test for 1 week, ha ha ha ...

The gut molla !!That difficult solution has that, bufffy

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/30/2017 9:25 a.m.

@"Ruthbia" losing fat from a specific area is very difficult.By genetics each we have a tendency to accumulate fat in a specific area (usually men in the gut and women in hips but there is everything).To eliminate fat from certain "rebel" areas, it is necessary to lower the % body fat because the body first eliminates it from the least rebellious areas and after the rebels.
It is complicated but if you are gradually going down the body fat at the end is removed from the gut too.With healthy eating and all the exercise you can (a lot of weights to create muscle) results are gradually noticed.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/30/2017 10:36 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.