{'en': 'White bread + fried potatoes', 'es': 'Pan blanco + Patatas fritas'} Image

White bread + fried potatoes

Pauso's profile photo   10/27/2015 1:25 p.m.

Good day to all.

I wanted to ask you how you do with the food that suggests the sugar very fast ... today in the canteen of my work there was "sausage+white bread" and fried potatoes to eat.I have decided to eat it to see how it affects me.

Just before the food I have put the fast insulin 6 units (2 of bread+4 of the potatoes).

After an hour I am 260.

The truth is that I don't like to see this value.My intuition tells me ... better to avoid this type of meals.I have the feeling that they are like a bomb for my body.

I wanted to ask you how you do ... Do you avoid this type of meals?

Or do you put more insulin than normal and quite before meals?

Thank you!

Pauso's profile photo
Pauso
10/27/2015 1:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, they are not the most advisable meals, but nothing happens to eat them one day.Surely, with two more fast units, you would have been fine.They are fast hydrates, but it can counteract them well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/27/2015 8:26 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi Regina ... Thanks for your answer.Look, with what I have eaten it was 260 after 1 hour, at 200 after 1.5, and at 3 hours to 105. Then I suppose what I have put is fine, the only thing the peak of the 260... the solution is faster ???And then eat something that goes slower?yogurt, chocolate .. ???

Pauso's profile photo
Pauso
10/27/2015 8:45 p.m.

Or put the insulin before, I do not know if you have expected to eat but when I go to the bourgeois and I zampo all the menu I included an ice cream, what I do is that I put it on it and I wait a little, I start the hambergues, as a halfbefore potatoes that rise faster than bread

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/27/2015 9:02 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

test .., you can put it before as Gala says, or get faster and eat some dessert .. or add a salad .., it's a matter of trying ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/27/2015 11:01 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It also usually works well to put the insulin about 15 minutes before starting to eat if they are fast absorption foods.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
10/28/2015 12:04 a.m.

pauso said:
good day to all.I wanted to ask you how you do with the food that suggests the sugar ... today in the canteen of my work there was "sausage+white bread" and fried potatoes to eat.I have decided to eat it to see how it affects me.Just before the food I have put the fast insulin-6 units (2 of bread+4 of the potatoes) after an hour I am 260. The truth is that I do not like to see this value.My intuition tells me ... better to avoid this type of meals.I have the feeling that they are like a bomb for my body.

Would you like to ask how do you do this type of meals?Or do you put more insulin than normal and quite before meals?
Thank you!

Personally, the other day I put on 305 with fried potatoes and I don't like to have those values.
In total I had to click 10 to go down.
Come on, the bread also makes me beak 1 slice with 5 of rapida rises to 180 or 200 but then low.
The HC as rice potatoes I have limited them to the minimum.
Obviously I have lost weight due to this determination but my glymatical levels are improving.
Each diabetic is a world and what is one day to the other.
Greetings and luck

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/28/2015 1:09 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.