Novorapid dose variations

rack_r_r's profile photo   03/01/2014 1:23 p.m.

Hello good.Let's see what you think: I get a novorapid before breakfast-food-cena and Lantus before sleeping 8 unit.Breakfast about 9 30 and I put 1 Novorapid unit and I arrive very fair to the food that is at 3eating the same rations of hydrates and a dessert orange in food.Is it normal for you to need less?Do I get under food for the basal?Normally the fasting level is fine 80-100 one day a lower pelin.I started with 16 of Lantus and I go for 8 and I have not started with the sport that I will start on Monday.It could be that orange did not sit well?I have been in the debut for less than a month.Thanks for everything and I feel so heavy with doubts ... greetings

rack_r_r's profile photo
rack_r_r
03/01/2014 1:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You are not heavy rack_r_r, here we are here to help each other.

It doesn't fit much what happens to you.The Lantus affects the results of before meals, and could be supposed (which is the most normal) that if you get well before breakfast and high food, the effect of the Lantus does not last.But it is the setback (you arrive under food)

One thing that occurs to me is that it could be that in the middle of the morning you had the high sugar and the rebound made you have it low before eating.Do you do an analysis in the middle of the morning to see how you have it?Nor do you say how you have it before dinner.

Let's see if someone comes up with something else.By the way I encourage sport, it will help you a lot.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/01/2014 7:28 p.m.

If the meals are normal (breakfast, food and dinner), the basal is well adjusted ... If they are low, the basal may be high and if they are high you may need to raise it more ... that is the theory, the theory,Practice is somewhat more complicated.However, I also think you should measure the 3 post, at 2 hours of breakfast, eating and dinner ... if it is only mid -morning that you have mismatched you can fix it with a snack, a cookie or a yogurt,So you will get better to food.With respect to the post of the food, you have to take into account not only the hydrates, but the glycemic indices, yet 250 or 300 is a high figure, are you sure it has nothing to do with the HC count, s?An orange without skin can weigh about 200 grams, that would be approximately 2 servings, plus the rest of the hydrates you eat, you may be short with 3 units ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/02/2014 7:56 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

You get a little fair to food, so, as Velia says, take me a coffee or something in the middle of the morning.If you have those high values ​​after eating, the novorapid of the food goes up (one or two more units).Do not pass 180 two hours after eating.If you then arrive under dinner, eat something in the middle of the afternoon ... If at night you have no hypos and wake up well, you will not need to reduce the lantus more .., because you will get high to dinner ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/02/2014 2:12 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

My advice is that you try to suppress that dessert orange.To me in particular the orange produces tremendous increases after the food.A fruit or two a day comes well, but better choose the hours that can do less.If it turns out that at noon you arrive something low, it would be great to take that fruit in mid -morning.And after food, a coffee without dessert.
Greetings.

DiabetesForo
03/03/2014 2:52 a.m.

Miguel you are type 2 and that is why you must look for the best time to eat fruit, we do not simply adjust insulin.

DiabetesForo
03/03/2014 4:25 a.m.

I agree, Prado, that type I have guidelines other than type II.
Now, in my opinion, apart from adjusting insulin, why not also combine food and schedules.
If this person produces a possible rise an orange after the food, instead of adjusting insulin, perhaps it was easier for him to take it in a different time and avoid dose changes.

DiabetesForo
03/03/2014 5:52 a.m.

Of course, you can also do that.What I mean is that we have much more flexibility than you.I like to finish my food with a fruit, to others eat it in the middle or mid -morning ... whenever you want, you instead do not;)

DiabetesForo
03/03/2014 6:42 a.m.

That is, Prado, gives pleasure how well we understand each other, between those of a guy and those of the
other.We will have to make a coexistence football game ... :))

DiabetesForo
03/03/2014 6:47 a.m.

:)) :)) :)) Better a rich meal;));));)) ..... is that playing football you can't talk hahaha

DiabetesForo
03/03/2014 7:51 a.m.

You have no arrangement ... just thinking of eating .... then, that if I have a little lorza ... what if such .... Ejejejejeje
Good day

DiabetesForo
03/03/2014 8:07 a.m.

I would first make a week of pre and post controls because you don't say how much you have post breakfast and dinner and it would be interesting to know.Like Miguel I do tests with food at different times .. I am Type 1 but only with Lantus and occasionally fast .. and play to try to save my little pin if I can avoid it.In the fruit I cannot help you because I do not try it I have allergy from baby .. There appears my first intolerance to a sugar ... the fructose .. my body does not tolerate it.(A rare case ..)

pochola's profile photo
pochola
03/03/2014 1:40 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

If you have to get fast before each meal, then you eat the diet rations with the insulin you need...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/03/2014 5:02 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

In the post breakfast with 1 novorapid dose I am entering 130-140.In food it is the one that costs me the most although I have more "controlled" the latest we had several days with good values ​​and today before eating 72 I wear 3 novorapid units and at two hours 192 eating the same rations as other days when thePostprandial I get better.The thing is that dinner came well.What do you mediate at 2 hours of eating or at 3?And is it a value with which to become obsessed?I mean that if at 2 hours it is at 192 but I arrive at the dinner at 80 would upload the dose of novorapid before eating or would you leave it like this?Thanks

rack_r_r's profile photo
rack_r_r
03/06/2014 1:04 p.m.

It is that, if you only put 3 units, maybe put one more is a lot .., but I would go up a unit, if one or two rations the food is needed, to walk for 150 at two hours of eating. AndIf you arrive under dinner, you can take some ration in the middle of the afternoon ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/06/2014 6:43 p.m.

Thank you all for the answers !!I will inform how it goes ... hehe!

rack_r_r's profile photo
rack_r_r
03/08/2014 7:21 a.m.

In my case I would do two tests.The first one click the same and after eating I take a 30 -minute light passage walk (but you already do).And another test as always by clicking for me.And from there draw conclusions.When you take the walk or click one more and then biting you would have to get to dinner well.kisses

pochola's profile photo
pochola
03/10/2014 8:42 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Hello good.
Tell you that I have more and more controlled glycems.But now I have another doubt ... I'm already exercising and insulin needs I think they are going down.It is possible that after the debut the body stabilizes and with the exercise the demand for exogenous insulin is much lower?Another question is counterproductive to snack something to get well at dinner?If you eat something at 7:00 p.m. and at 9:00 p.m. you are in good ranges and do not put insulin in the snack would it be counterproductive to do it?I understand that no ... but I ask ... hehe a health

rack_r_r's profile photo
rack_r_r
03/10/2014 4:41 p.m.

You can be on honeymoon and need less insulin,
And if you need to eat something to get to dinner, or snacks or slow down.
If you don't have hypos at night and wake up well, I wouldn't touch the slow one.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/10/2014 6:25 p.m.

Thank you very much Regina.

rack_r_r's profile photo
rack_r_r
03/11/2014 11:25 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.