Will my son be diabetic?

Nestor's profile photo   03/11/2014 noon

Hi, my son is 11 years old and in some routine analysis that I just did on an empty stomach:
Blood glucose: 103 (reference value 70-105)
Urine glucose: negative
Urine crystals: moderate calcium oxalate
Its general condition is normal, only some weight loss that I have assumed is due to the age of development.
His header tells me that everything is normal, but another pediatrician told me that I must be careful.We have a history of Diabets in the family
Thanks in advance for the comments that can make me, I'm very worried ...

Nestor's profile photo
Nestor
03/11/2014 noon
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, so far the values ​​are normal.Children usually have the sudden start type 1.If you start having more thirst than normal and urinating more often, make another analysis, but if everything goes well stay.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/11/2014 12:08 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The diabetics of little ones show us a lot when we debut ...
I urinated on top, !!A lot thirsty, lose weight a lot ...
Calm he is fine :-)

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
03/11/2014 2:52 p.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

Hi Nestor.
Without being a doctor and only speaking from the experience of my 27 years of evolution in diabetes, I completely share what regina and vandorta have written you, I drank to the water of the puddles, and imagine in harmonicance, with the frequency that urinated... every 10-15 minutes !!.
So stay calm but do not forget the symptoms that we have told you, thirst and extreme urine, very fast weight loss and normally the feeling of always being hungry.
All the best.

carlos_flash's profile photo
carlos_flash
03/12/2014 7:21 a.m.

Nothing to add, @Nestor.Enjoy that your child is healthy and do not turn around things that do not make sense right now.If one day your child debuts, you will be the first to find out, I already tell you from experience;)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/12/2014 7:41 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thank you very much for your comments and advice, they have reassured me a lot, I will continue here learning from you ...
A hug and a lot of health ..... greetings

Nestor's profile photo
Nestor
03/14/2014 1:46 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.