Hello everyone!!!!!!

Nadia94's profile photo   03/25/2014 7:33 p.m.

Very good !!!!I am 19 years old and I debuted with type 1 diabetes in 2010, this year will do 4 years and I would like to tell my case a little in case someone feels identified and can help you.
With 15 years, about to turn 16 in October I had cystitis so my mother took me to the doctor.When making a urine analysis my glucose levels gave high, I couldn't say how exactly.That same week I did another analysis of an emry urine and this time it was 300 and peak, and for two weeks or less it was a continuous coming and going to the doctor, something that extended something more for the incompetence of certain doctors (theDiabetics are experienced in incompetent in health, we have found everything already ...) but finally it was confirmed: it was diabetic.I have to say that I was going through a horrible time in my life, nothing especially serious, but some bad academic results affected me exaggeratedly, I did not understand why I felt like that, and it was having a fatal one which made it more difficult to assume what I waspassing
Fortunately I am surrounded by incredible people who have only supported me and help me.They have not painted it from pink, nor black, they have simply helped me to face reality and be strong.
Well, now what gives me the most shame ...
I have been quite irresponsible.I have not counted rations, I have gone from everything, I have produced lipodystrophy and I have had three losses of consciousness in these almost 4 years as a result of some hypos ... two of them in a month.I don't know why, after having it overcome, I have recently revived all that, I didn't accept it, I didn't want to talk to anyone about the subject, I didn't go to my educator, hemo ... fatal.But these two hypos have obviously made me open my eyes.Despite these years that I have been in diabetics, I am starting again, as if it were new.I am learning again to count carbohydrates, to take care of myself, to aim everything ... I think I have the advantage that I know how it goes, that this is, how it works, and I am learning quite fast and I also feel great, very optimistic andstrongly.What gives me the most things is perhaps the one who has to prick another person.I have always been very independent and it is hard for me to have to always depend on having someone next to me to click me (it's just the lantus, at night, the one that has to prick someone, but ...).I always had a fatal when I went to my endocrine or the educator who is treating me because I knew that they did it badly and that they were going to "scold" however I am now looking forward to going and that they tell me that everything is going great !!I am also thinking of writing a blog, not to advise or anything like that, simply to tell my experience and at the same time my life with diabetes and such ...
Well, a lot of encouragement to everyone.I am not a perfect example but I am struggling to become it!

Nadia94's profile photo
Nadia94
03/25/2014 7:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!!!I alrgro k these wants to face diabetes !!PORK CAN YOU CLICK YOU THE LANTUS?I am quite independent and as I am uncomfortable.I only inform people of I am diabetics if they are with me many hours (coworkers) in case I have a serious hypo and have k puncture me Glugagon!Otherwise!I fix it!

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
03/25/2014 8:05 p.m.

Nadia, but why do the lantus have to prick you?You can put it yourself without a problem.The best place to put the Lantus is the buttock and there is a lot of place ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/25/2014 8:22 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If girls, I have informed all people close to me of all this, hypos, glucagon, etc ... The Lantus is a nonsense, the case is that I had never injected insulin into the buttocks, and now when I startedTo do it again because I take to crackI have the feeling that maybe I do not click well.My educator was surprised that I could do it alone, and I taught him as he did and although he did not tell me that I was wrong I was surprised.Come on, maybe it's my nonsense, I don't know, how I'm afraid to make it wrong ...

Nadia94's profile photo
Nadia94
03/25/2014 8:47 p.m.

Hi Nadia,

Welcome and encouragement that I see that you are in the right path.

A cordial greeting

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/26/2014 10 a.m.

Hello Nadia.

I think you should not worry about the injection of Lantus and I encourage you to be the one to administer it.I have stuck 26 years by clicking on my thighs and now I am doing it in the culete I solo, it is uncomfortable to twist but you take the quiet.
My endocrine and the educator told me to forget my thighs another 26 years ...those of the Vatican ...
Many spirits with your diabetes control and I hope you share with us everything that worries you and expose any questions you have.

All the best.

carlos_flash's profile photo
carlos_flash
03/27/2014 7:58 a.m.

Sorry, Nadia, since I have sent my previous answer without giving you my opinion about your case.

It is quite normal in people who debut with your age who go through an era of disregard of the disease, as if they would like to erase from their mind that they are diabetic, so nothing has happened to you than you have to be ashamed.

Diabetes is a background race, and in it we go through all kinds of moments and experiences.The fundamental thing is to have reached a point of recognition of the disease that helps you manage it in a responsible way, although sometimes that management does not give the fruit we expect.

I give you a lot of encouragement.

GonzaloI's profile photo
GonzaloI
03/27/2014 1:48 p.m.

DT1 desde 2002
Novorapid (a demanda con pauta 4-8-6) + Lantus (16)
Última glico 6,5
Colesterol e hipotiroidismo
Deportista aficionado de alta intensidad

Thank you very much to everyone, I feel very lively and strongly now, I try to do everything correct although as you say, I do not always get what I hope and I get a little frustrated, although I understand that this is so until time spends and I have a knowledge morefirm of how food and insulin affect.

Nadia94's profile photo
Nadia94
03/27/2014 2:29 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.