Hi, I'm new in the forum and wanted to ask you for help regarding the Lantus

Emilio07's profile photo   11/11/2015 2:17 a.m.

Good to everyone, I am new to forum, my name is Emilio, I have type 1 diabetes for approximately 8 years, I am currently 19- almost 20, and I would like to tell you my experience and ask for advice.
Since I started with diabetes since boy until now I have never had a problem with respect to controls, that is, glycosylated hemoglobin always thanks to God gives me normal or lower than normal.When I was diagnosed, I started with the insulin Levemir (slow action insulin) and Novorapid (fast insulin) (they are the ones that gave me the best results and in my opinion the best that exist).Then for two years my endocrinologist decided to use Lantus insulin for age.In the beginning I started using it at night, which made me get up in the morning with hypoglycemia for which I changed the schedule and applied it to the morning early after getting up.Since I started using it so far, I walked very well too, but from this week I notice that I am getting up with high blood glucose (170-180 - 200) so I would like to consult those who are also using it or have used whichIt is the best schedule to apply it.During the day I exercise a lot so I control my glycemia constantly but during the night, for obvious issues, one cannot.

Thanks in advance, greetings to all !!!

Emilio07's profile photo
Emilio07
11/11/2015 2:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

First of all welcome to the forum !!!From what you comment, I think the same thing happens to you as many people: the Lantus does not cover you 24 hours, so during the last hours the glucose level rises.In principle the best solution I have found is to divide the dose into two, and put it on every 12 hours

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
11/11/2015 3:40 a.m.

Welcome to Forum @Emilio07;)

fer's profile photo
fer
11/11/2015 7:41 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Use the Levemir again.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/11/2015 11:38 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I totally agree with Sherpa41 ... If you were doing well with Levemir I don't know why changing, the change for age I do not understand, people use less with 20, 30, 50 and 70 years ...

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/11/2015 1:38 p.m.

Hi @Emilio07, Welcome.

With your diabetes experience I suppose you have ruled out that the pen you are using is in poor condition or expired, since it happens to you, you say a few days ago.

This cause eliminated, if the high values ​​are in the morning and exactly since you started clicking it when you get up, then I join the advice they have given you.

I use Lantus years ago, I put it at dinner (19 units) and endures me all day, but each one is a world.For example, I do not work on shifts but central shift and without much physical activity, which everything influences.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/11/2015 4:35 p.m.

A unit of Lantus goes up. There are seasons that need a little more or a little less.
At least, my daughter is fixed.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/11/2015 7:49 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Welcome to our "Club";Emilio07 and that well your question: I use Levemir and N-Rapida and I agree that it is the best treatment I have taken so far !!!Your case, Pordias speak c/tu dr.and return to the previous one, but accompany your insulin treatment c/a balanced food, because it becomes, also a "medicine '" for the good result of sugar in the blood !!Good luck, instead and go ahead !!!!Then you tell us;ANI,

ani's profile photo
ani
11/29/2015 7:50 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.