Experiences with Lantus

augusto's profile photo   04/16/2014 11:46 p.m.

Hello, I am Augusto of Argentina and I am 21 years old, 3 with type 1 diabetes. Today my diabetology suggested me to change the NPH, which I use 18u per day, for the lantus.I would like your experiences to tell me, if you use or use it, as it is used, if you need to complement the fast, when you think it is better.Everything that helps me to make the decision to change insulin.

Of course, thank you very much: give yourself.

augusto's profile photo
augusto
04/16/2014 11:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello I take lantus (from basal) I put it every night and for the perfect moment.(Of course I combine it with the rapid (in my case novorapid). I know of people k they leave it in two shots or are injected in the morning that will depend on how the assimile.

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
04/17/2014 6:43 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The Lantus frees you from food schedules, and much more traquilo is lived. But you always have to put the fast before meals.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/17/2014 4:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Read the forum issues, there is a lot of information

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/17/2014 4:42 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi @Augusto,

Here you have several related issues, I recommend that you give them a look.

only lantus ???- Experiences with diabetes • Diabetes forum
From Lantus I put 9 at night and from Apidra 2-6-6, but I give this ... go through some similar situation, I would love to share experience-
Link
Lantus Doubt - Experiences with Diabetes • Diabetes Forum
I get Lantus at night.I do my normal dinner, but before going to bed I have to take something if I don't want me to give me a night downturn, the case is ...
Link
Lantus Doubt - Experiences with Diabetes • Diabetes Forum
Hello, I have a new endocrine and I have changed the treatment, after explaining in detail the subject rations has put me lantus (at night) and ...
Link
Lantus Adjustment - Experiences with Diabetes • Diabetes Forum
I tell you, to see if someone can help me: until now, I was doing the controls very well, and until about two months ago or so, I put about 13-14 of Lantus ...
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
04/22/2014 8:03 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.