{'en': 'Coca-Cola double morals with diabetes', 'es': 'La doble moral de Coca-Cola con la diabetes'} Image

Coca-Cola double morals with diabetes

fer's profile photo   11/12/2015 3:08 p.m.

VSF Global Food Justice denounces that the brand of soft drinks sponsors the diabetes race organized by the Diabetes Foundation and the Association of Diabetics of Madrid.

The consumption of a sugary drink can 15-26% the risk of type II diabetes

According to different studies, in the Spanish State, 127,000 cases of type II diabetes can be attributed to sugary drinks

The consumption of a can of sugary drink increases 15-26% the risk of type II diabetes.In fact, in the Spanish State, 127,000 cases of type II diabetes [i] [i] are attributed to the consumption of these drinks.Given this panorama, vsf Global Food Justice denounces that Coca-Cola Company has no qualms about sponsoring the 4th race and popular walking for diabetes organized by the Diabetes Foundation and the Madrid Diabetics Association that will be held next Sunday.

Can you imagine that a tobacco sponsored an event against lung cancer?Such nonsense would not be possible today;However, within the food industry there is still a long way to go.

Soft drinks and their health effects

Sugary drinks have been identified as one of the main causes of diabetes and other diseases associated with obesity.In the Spanish state, the most important source of added sugars is found in sodas in a percentage of 23%, since a tail or orange can contains between 8 and 9 teaspoons of sugar and a half -liter bottle can contain between12 and 14. According to data from the World Health Organization (WHO) globally, overweight and obesity pandemic are the fifth main death risk factor in the world.In addition to the problem itself, the presence of associated diseases must be taken into account: 44% of diabetes cases, 23% of cases of ischemic heart disease and between 7 and 41% of the cases of some cancers areattributable to overweight and obesity.However, the food industry continues to develop strategies to deny that diet -related diseases have become a serious threat to health throughout the world.

"For diabetes" or "against diabetes"?

The list of days, congresses and sponsorships linked to health and food that have been funded by the food industry to wash their image is endless.As the report reveals confidence in me.Rotating doors, conflicts of interest and dangerous friendships between the food industry and health agencies, the industry has created a narrative that, thanks to good marketing campaigns and the help of different foundations and public and private organizations, has been repeated untilget society to internalize it.In fact, most large food companies that contribute their products to poor diet have managed to link their image to health.To do this, the collaboration of public administration and medical organizations has been key.Agrifood companies know that, in the battle of public opinion, it is essential that their arguments are backed by organizations, entities or people related to the world of science.

The sponsorship of next Sunday clearly evidences this link and demonstrates that in the free market everything goes."The food industry has large image washing mechanisms established, but why the addresses of the Diabetes Foundation and the Madrid Diabetics Association lend themselves to this game?" Demands Javier Guzmán, director of VSF Food JusticeGlobal.

Taxes to cover the health cost

According to the Federation of Spanish Diabetics, to which one of theRace organizers, the cost of diabetes attributable to sugary drinks is 540 million euros a year, adding direct costs (treatment and hospitalizations) and indirect (absenteeism work absenteeism, early retirements and social expenses).To listen to this expense, a 20% increase in the price of each can of Coca-Cola would be necessary, equivalent to 0.1 euros extras per soda.Finland, Hungary, France, Ireland, Australia, Mexico, the United States and the United Kingdom, among others, use tax measures in soft drinks as a deterrent and as a means to raise funds.“The opposition by the industry to this type of measures is not due to fear for the fall of their sales, but not to assume that soft drinks are the cause of serious health problems in adults and in childhood.The image is the most sacred this type of companies and anything that damage could affect sales much more than a slight increase in price, ”adds Guzmán.

Some data:

Coca-Cola consumption and added sugar

-Ell time are ingested in the Spanish State 25,000 kg of sugars added through Coca-Cola.This is equivalent to 3 million sugar overflows.
-Ean day 620,000 kg of sugars added through Coca-Cola, which would correspond to 76 million overlaps are ingested in the Spanish State.
-Ean day, 13 million people in the Spanish State are consuming at least 35 grams of sugar added through Coca-Cola.Without taking into account other elements of the diet, only this consumption already exceeds the recommendations of the daily sugar WHO.

fer's profile photo
fer
11/12/2015 3:08 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Go for God, with how good it is for gastroenteritis and to overcome hypos ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/12/2015 3:49 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I am not fully agreeing, Coca Cola also has ligth or zero drinks in the market, it is rare is a supermarket or bar in which there is no Coca Cola Ligth or Zero, so the one who takes it with sugar is because he wants it...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/12/2015 4:37 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I believe that the problem is so much that those things full of sugars and other cacas are sold, as well as there is a lot of misinformation among consumers, and few people really know what is necessary for adequate food, and many others do not want to know how to knowand they limit themselves to filling themselves with guards without worrying about their health.

The one who is informed and wants to do coasas well, as @Gala has alternatives, or if you don't ask for water.

In the end, little happens like the one who smokes two packages a day and then gives him cancer and wants to denounce the tobacco.

It would be good thing in schools to give healthy food training.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/12/2015 5:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If it weren't for Coca-Cola Light, I could not bear to be diabetic.The other light brands are vomitive.

And as they say, normal Coca-Cola is the best to trace hypoglycemia.

That they stop putting with sugary drinks and get into the pharmaceutical lobby or with environmental pollutants that are the ones that really poison us.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/12/2015 8:46 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I have a real vicó with the Coca Light, but it is also that if not, what babies?Alcoholic beverages should be taken in logical moderation and other soft drinks, all are super caloric and super sugary.I sometimes took a bitter, but there is no color

Ele's profile photo
Ele
11/12/2015 9:20 p.m.

And if it were only Coca Cola but there you have brands like Netsle, which say on TV that they are committed to offer healthy alternatives, but put 46% of sugar to products for children ...

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
11/12/2015 11:02 p.m.

I totally agree with @Gala, but it was for the Cocacola Zero Iago would not take anything more than water, and if we are all going to take a snack it would be tremendously unfair that he had to ask for a water ...

Enma's profile photo
Enma
11/13/2015 12:15 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

I have relatives working in Coca-Cola .. The Leon is not as fierce as they paint it ...
Indeed Coca Cola and in our case the Zero is a great invention ... and I remind you that it is a recipe for a medicine (such as the tonic that arose from the treatment of malaria and is composed of quinine that gives it its particular bitter taste) ... (I have commented there, that my diabetic mother in her time could only take Catalan vichy since there was not a single light drink ... You imagine how sad to go to her with her? ... (My parentsThey were not practically ...) ... neither light juices nor anything ... just some turion little achieved and almost nothing more ...
And it is evident that everything in excess is bad (even the meat if you eat more than three times a week and the valued serrano ham ainssss) ...
But go ... a cocacolite in summer (I take 1/2 can and take the rest that I use to make barbecue sauce mmm), because it is "Deux Caprice" and if we are not going to be able to take anything at all... Well, hey, we better die directly ...
As my father said jokingly: "I neither smoke, nor I drink, nor do I go with women ... how disgusting!"ha ha ha
Ah and the "Divendres" program of TV3 talked about the virtues of Coca Cola: be digestive, cut diarrhea and keep acetone controlled in children ... logically this does not justify taking two liters daily ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
11/21/2015 1:35 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

medciencia.com/descubren-que-la-coca-cola-si-Che-affects-antioxidants/ fixed that I have found by the network:
"A long time ago, almost simultaneously to its appearance, it has been speculated with the antioxidant" powers "of the still fashionable drink today, the legendary Coca-Cola. The network has run videos and writings on everything thatYou can make or cause this soda, but of course, this myth has never been confirmed without rigorous scientific studies ... until now.sugary would have the ability to inhibit the growth of tumor cells, or what is the same: Coca Cola has antioxidant effects, scientifically demonstrated .. "
Let us know that I do not have Coca Cola actions and that I care if it is consumed or not ... I think the market already has it won without my humble opinion ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
11/21/2015 1:40 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Ultima glicosila 6

Double morals?

I think in our world, that of diabetes, it is difficult to find a company that is related without having double morals !!!!

It's that sad, but it's true.Everyone supports diabetes, but everyone does business with our diabetes.Laboratories, pharmaceuticals, food, textile, ... who is free of sin that throws the first stone.

As an example, several mails of products suppliers that have denied us to market their products could be sent because we wanted to do it for prices lower than they marked as a sale price to the public.

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
11/21/2015 1:53 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

We are a very important source of income.I would say perhaps exaggerating something that our value is similar to the value of oil.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/21/2015 2:16 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

monica_ltd said:
double moral?

I think in our world, that of diabetes, it is difficult to find a company that is related without having double morals !!!!

It's that sad, but it's true.Everyone supports diabetes, but everyone does business with our diabetes.Laboratories, pharmaceuticals, food, textile, ... who is free of sin that throws the first stone.

As an example, several mails of products suppliers that have refused to market their products could be sent to you because we wanted
Obviously vultures and eaglets abound everywhere and a multinational like Coca Cola cannot be less ..
But that sadly happens everywhere ... and the church?He has no double morality? .. "Let the children approach me" ... (that the priest will give them hand) ... they had to apologize for the Spanish civil war and its involvement and the same about Hitler... Anyway ... (and it's just an example of so many ... and one of the most "powerful machines" of producing money and benefits, the Vatican: the house of God .. If poor Jesus raised his headHe was dying of disgust ..)
Solution: Do not let ourselves be convinced by the marketing that drags us to consumerism .. what we need yes, but make anyone rich because it is a socially imposed fashion, I of course do not.
Mobile change when it spoils and precisely and like that 1,000 things ... if you do not want to live to work, to feed "vultures" that live at the expense of one, it has to be very clear who it is in life andDifference between those who love you and those who use you, and between what I need and what they want me to buy for them better while I do extra hours (when there were) to pay ...
I take Coca Cola because I like it and in a few occasions (family gatherings and friends) ... eat or dinner with Coca Cola not because healthmore chic or have a nice advertisement .. or with a coña!

nina45's profile photo
nina45
11/21/2015 2:26 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

The cocacola is the best for the hypos, those of times that I have used it and I always have a couple of cans at home in case the fly ,,, that if the 330cl can has 35 grams of sugar, you take a literYou are taking 105 grams of sugar ,,, incredible ...

xavi79's profile photo
xavi79
11/24/2015 1:15 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.