Difference between glucometers

DanielPD's profile photo   05/02/2014 11:46 a.m.

Hello, again.
I have a small problem (yes, again !!!).

The last time there were no strips of my machine and they gave me half and half of the Bayer Contour, which is the one I use in recent months, and the Bayer Breeze 2, which I have used for years.

The fact is that in two very close measurements that I made yesterday, the Bayer Breeze told me that I was 120, while the contaur told me that they were actually 160. I got a little mosque, but since there was a difference of half an hour not approximatelyI gave him more importance.

Now I measured and the Breeze was giving me down (one hundred and peak), while the contour, a minute later, told me that I have 189. A difference of more than 50 points in blood!

I have to say that both have batteries, the strips are not expired, and the blood sample has been correct.

It is not necessary to explain how important the measurement is to eat well and inject well, and the fact is that right now I do not know what to trust.In principle, the contour is more modern and more reliable, but my body sensations (having the sugar down a while) corresponds more with what the Breeze tells me.So I have taken a juice with a sugar envelope, to climb (if the correct measure is 189, I will have it quite high the next hours ...)

What are I supposed to do?
Is there a way to know what the correct measurement is?
Urgent help, please !!!

PS: Whenever things happen like that, he catches the weekend in between ... is Murphy's law !!!

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/02/2014 11:46 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

I can nowworried at all !!!

Edito:
I contribute a little more information:
Simultaneous measurement at four in the afternoon:
-Bayer Breeze 2: 162
-Bayer Contour: 238

What I am thinking now is even worse: I have been poorly controlled for ten years because the machine told me that I had the sugar 50/70 points below what I really had ...

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/02/2014 11:49 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

I contribute some additional information:

I have two Bayer Contour machines, and both give almost identical figures.It seems that means that they work well.Or I do not know if the machines are standard can come with a kind of scale to measure something on the rise and machines like the other somewhat down, and hence the abyss that mediates in their numbers comparing them at the same time.

I have spent several strips for nothing, with what they cost!

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/02/2014 12:38 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Daniel, why do you take a juice with one hundred and peak and also an envelope of sugar ???
You will always see differences between one glucometer and another, up to 25% so they say that you have to always measure yourself with the same glucometer

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/02/2014 1:36 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Pure mistake and doubts ... because when I measured a while before (with the other) I told me that I was 190, and I saw that it was a mucharo descended in such a short time (outside two hours of rigor of the meals).And I already know my body and I know that if I wait, in twenty minutes I am in hiccup.I never stay just!

But of course, what really happened is that there was a huge difference between them, so I am high.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/02/2014 1:50 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Sometimes that happens with some glucòmetra, but the difference is a lot. The best real value is the average of the two, but the only way to know is to measure you at the same time that they get blood get you for an analysis.
I would stay with the one that gives you hiccups when you have symptoms.
If you get so little time, it is that you have plenty of Lantus ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/02/2014 2:10 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

To get out of doubt about the functioning of your two glucometers, I recommend you to go to any medical or pharmacy office that take blood glucose measures.You take your meter and your strips, you do a test there and ask for another to contrast.You can go out of doubt, lest your devices are wrong, one more, another one.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/05/2014 3:55 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Daniel are you from Madrid, right?Well, try to give you the Freestyle Opiium .... It is very reliable, I have had the Bayer Cotour Link for a season and measures lower.Hemo uploaded me a little because of that.

DiabetesForo
05/05/2014 5:35 a.m.

Sometimes the problem is not to give you the little pot, but then the availability of the strips ... but I will ask for it, thanks.
Anyway, it is strange, because it seems to me that it measures me high is the contour, precisely ... and it is supposed that these things are very well regulated and that ...

I don't know what to think!~ X (

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/05/2014 7:36 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Maybe if I ask you to measure me there in the outpatient to verify that it comes out in your pot, they do it ... but lately they are very reluctant to any expense, for the issue of the cost and that ...

But well, thanks again !!!

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/05/2014 7:38 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

They will give you the pot if they have the strips in the ambulatory .... but anyway stop comparing that you are going to go crazy;)

DiabetesForo
05/05/2014 9:26 a.m.

Good morning, a lot of AI and technological advance but I see that the measure is still the same as years ago.:/

Gozoki's profile photo
Gozoki
06/09/2024 11:32 a.m.

DM 2 diagnosticado en marzo de 2023.
HG debut 13.2 Última HG: 2024 6.3
AntiGAD : Haberlos,Haylos... pero pocos. NEGATIVO pues.
Metformina 1-0-1
Toujeo: Guardada en la nevera... y que siga.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.