Hello, I'm new with type 1 diabetes

Veronica14's profile photo   11/15/2015 2:29 p.m.

Good morning,

I read you since I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, so I think it's time to introduce myself.

On 09/21, I went to a review of hypothyroidism and in the analyzes I had 190 sugar, in the consultation they measured me with a glucometer the glucose and I had 274 so they left me admitted for 5 days.

Almost two months later I still wondered because?I imagine that as many of you.

I remember that so much nurses, cleaner ... They told me, this is nothing, how much you get used to a normal life.
No, I don't make a normal life, my life has changed completely.

I am not overwhelming insulin, I am not worried about having to control food, what surpasses me is fear/panic to hypoglycemia.

They tell me that I have to walk (exercise), because I do the fair, 30 min walking and always accompanied for fear of hypoglycemia.

I have to lose weight, but when I am in 80 a skim yogurt does nothing to me and in a short time I am in 70 so I have to pull cookies without sugar that I know that in a considerable time I get up to 100-110, but of courseThey get fat ... It is hard for me to find balance.

Since they were discharged every night an alarm every two hours to measure glucose for the fear I have of a night hypoglycemia and not realize.

The first week they were discharged in 80 started with hands, the endocrine told me that since I had been high for some time, it was normal for my body to get used to it, the problem is that now in 60 I not notice anything orI know how to identify.Sometimes I feel "bad" and I think it is hypoglycemia and nothing or is fine or high, I do not differentiate the symptoms, I imagine that I will do it over time.

The endocrine told me that with the period it is usually higher, because I am quite the opposite ...

I have decided to get the Dexcom glucose meter, economically it is a huge effort that I have to do, but I think or I hope to make a life.I think I can sleep quietly knowing that I have a "sneak" that will let me know when the thing is complicated.Now they have given me a dog (yesterday was my birthday, yes World Diabetes Day, life destinations ...) and with the Dexcom I think I can go out with him for a walk without fear of giving me hypoglycemia andDo not find out.

I will continue reading your comments in this forum that has solved so many doubts.

Thank you!

Veronica14's profile photo
Veronica14
11/15/2015 2:29 p.m.

DM1 desde el 21/09/2015
NovoRapid y Lantus

Welcome!
For hypos, better sugary liquods, such as juices and
Sugar always in the bag.If you are at 80 and tend to go down, take half juice.
If you are on a honeymoon, you will start with hypos, and you have to lower the slow, at least.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/15/2015 3:54 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks Regina, I think I'm not on a honeymoon, I started with 18 of Lantus and I got up in 70-80 so I am now with 10, I get up between 90-110 less one day that I am between 120-130

Veronica14
11/15/2015 4:33 p.m.

DM1 desde el 21/09/2015
NovoRapid y Lantus

Well, if you see that you begin to go up, you will have to go up Lantus, better than one in one unit .., this is so, the first months are adjustments ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/15/2015 5:09 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, if you are only with 10 of Lantus and started in 18, you are on a honeymoon like a cathedral.It is exactly what happened to me.I started with 24, then 22, then 18 and went down to 14. Now I am with 15 of Lantus because they are starting to happen strange things.I think the bargain is running out.When they diagnosed you, you were not very very high, so it is possible that you are reserved.Did you already notice the typical symptoms of thirst, tiredness and constantly pee?

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
11/15/2015 7:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If Xorxie had been with an unusual thirst for 15 days and pee, but I didn't give it more importance, tiredness is accompanied by standard with hypothyroidism.I thought it was on honeymoon, apart from going down the dose of Lantus, because, as I read here, there people who are a few months without insulin until the bargain runs out.Pass from 18 to 14 and now 10 of Lantus.

Veronica14
11/15/2015 8:29 p.m.

DM1 desde el 21/09/2015
NovoRapid y Lantus

Welcome to the Veronica14 forum

At first it is normal to be crowded with the theme of hypos, it is all new, do not control the doses, the exercise you can do, leave home, shopping, curro etc ... is a radical change in your life, what surprises me is that you do not notice the hypoglycemia because when I debuted I had all the symptoms that the manuals bring, in the end it is not to notice them when you have been evolving for a few years and your body has become accustomed to them but at the beginning not at the beginningIt usually happens ..

If you have the perfect Dexcom option, it is an aid that will come to you wonderfully at a high cost but as they say that "health is priceless" and the quality of life and tranquility even less ..
My advice is that at first, if you have been given a mobile phone to call in your health service as my educator gave me, do not cut yourself and call him to consult all kinds of dose doubts, meals, meals,schedules etc ... because you will thank you ..
And if not here we are here to help you in what we can modestly.Courage and bull !!!

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/16/2015 6:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Here we are many who have been the Dexcom for many years.For any questions you know question.You have us at your service until weekends and to which we are a bit sleepwalker also at strange hours hahaha.
Courage and for all.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/16/2015 11:39 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thank you very much to everyone.Jconegar since you have been dexcom, has always notified you of hypoglycemia to or have you taken some scare?My panic is what makes me squeeze financially, but I think I will win as a life.

Veronica14
11/16/2015 11:49 p.m.

DM1 desde el 21/09/2015
NovoRapid y Lantus

@Veronica14 in three and a half years not one, and sport is sometimes extreme.I send you a private save

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/17/2015 1:31 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.