{'en': 'Chiqui Sweet can with your diabetes', 'es': 'Chiqui Sweet puede con su diabetes'} Image

Chiqui Sweet can with your diabetes

fer's profile photo   11/20/2015 1:28 p.m.

The Malagaña Lorena Aguinalea has become a Sweet Chiqui Saes Sales, the sweet side of diabetes, in which she has a casual language her experience with her daughter Sofia, when with 5 years she was diagnosed with diabetes mellitus type 1, the more modalitySerious of diabetes, with five daily injections.

"I started alone, with the tears I did not see the keyboard," confesses Lorena Aguinalo (Málaga, 1975).She had just returned with her husband Rafa of a stay of five and a half years of work in Lima when at the beginning of 2014, seeing that her daughter Sofia, 5, had not stopped water for weeks, decided to take her to the hospital.

There, in addition to coinciding with Isabel Pantoja and a cloud of cameras, they informed her that her daughter had 650 sugar and had to enter the ICU."When your little girl takes her out, because I got ignorant to the emergency room, and they tell you that you have to be admitted, that it can be very serious and enter a diabetic coma ... I did not know what to do," he confesses.

But Lorena did knew what to do and decided, as therapy, write about the situation and while the days spent her experience in a blog."Soon people start writing me from Peru, Switzerland, Germany ... 10,000 people had read the blog," he explains.

Two of the people who read his blog, Marta García and Carlos Moncada, encouraged him to turn it into a book and the result is Chiqui Sweet, the sweet side of diabetes, the experience of a Malaga family with an unknown world and in which they hadto land emergency.

«My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 mellitis diabetes, the most serious.You have to put five injections a day for a lifetime, and right now eleven controls per day that she already does it, ”he says.He also points out that Sofia, which is called Carlota, "needs two types of insulin, the slow one, the one he needs to live and the rapid, the one he needs to eat."

Another characteristic of this type of diabetes is that the affected person can eat everything."It has no prohibited food but if you want to eat a chocolate cake it is once every two months and that day we have to put one more injection."

"We carry it very well."Almost two years after this diagnostic traumatic - in the language of diabetics, the debut - Lorena, who did not know anything about diabetes, points out that Sofia's disease has changed the life of the whole family - her husband and two daughtersMore– "but we get along very well."

Lorena Aguinalea, who works in the Provincial Technical Team of Educational and Professional Orientation (Education Delegation), says that for her daughter's disease she could have discharged but has preferred to continue working "to normalize everything", while Sofia, who endsFrom turning seven, he learns to live with his illness, which he always faces with a smile.

"We are in continuous coordination with his school (Novaschool) that he has turned so much and has given me so much confidence that there are already four diabetic children in the center," he says.

Lorena Aguinalea, an outgoing and positive Malaga -in Malaga who worked for an NGO that serves girls victims of sexual abuse, is very satisfied with the good response of a book that began with "tears" and ended with a relief smile.

A young diabetic dedicated to Carlota, the protagonist of the book, these words: "Thanks CarlotA chronic disease, ”explains Lorena.Both relief and smiles is distributing Chiqui Sweet that the author already prepares a second volume.

fer's profile photo
fer
11/20/2015 1:28 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.