New in the forum, DM1.

Sweetmery's profile photo   11/22/2015 12:10 p.m.

Hello everyone.
I am a diabetic since the age of 14, right now I have 23. Medicine studied because the bug of being endocrine in the wake of the disease, and 4th course here in Madrid.My we have at the beginning were below 7, I speak of the first 5 years, but now they are usually 7 and something.Well, after telling you a little above the story, I wanted to ask you something.Last month I signed up to the gym and talked to the nurse there to tell him if they had glucagon and were prepared in case of Hicm.He told me that they had no glucagon, that they would give me something with sugar .... to which I replied: and if I am unconscious?I stay thinking and of course, I didn't know what to say.In the end he told me that nurses were not allowed to put glucagon and did not give me any solution.I finally told him if I could wear a glucagon there and leave him so that my friend, who comes with me to the gym, put it on.They have no refrigerators to keep it. They did not give me any solution, and I am somewhat mosqueada.The truth is that in the end he gave me a very useful advice: "Take care of yourself because I had a partner who was diabetic and died of diabetes, with 20 and peak years" I left my body made an authentic me ...So, I don't know what to do with this topic.Do you think I should put a complaint, or if I am in my right to demand that they have a gluccagon there and a person who can put it?I don't know very well how the law is.Greetings and thanks.

Sweetmery's profile photo
Sweetmery
11/22/2015 12:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @Sweetmery.Welcome.I'm glad you study medicine, I think a diabetic endocrine better understands what happens to us.

Regarding your subject ... gyms have no obligation to have even nursing staff.It wouldn't help you put that complaint.Many of the great gyms/chains even when signatures the "contract" in the small print they disregard the medical problems of their customers.That's sad ...... Although I can also understand

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
11/22/2015 12:26 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

@Sweetmery, for the glucagon and the fridge do not worry that the glucagon endures out of the fridge 18 months (puts it in the prospect), you leave it at the box office or in the gym's bag and tell your friend whereYou have, but don't get overwhelmed that I do not think you do now that you carry the dexcom, put the alar for example in 90 or 100 and that's it, which if you have to have a juice nearby if the Dexcom whips you or aAbout Gup Up that is more comfortable

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/22/2015 12:45 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Thanks to both for your answers!I have the thing much clearer.Thank you!

Sweetmery
11/22/2015 1:03 p.m.

@SweetMery I with that "expressed and courageous" advice that gave you the head of the gym would have already left of it ..
In case it serves as a reference I carry a boat well loaded with Isostar powders although most of the time I almost touched it and in the 1 Coca Cola bag ..

Welcome and greetings

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/22/2015 1:18 p.m.

And it was the nurse who mentioned it.He he.Thank you!

Sweetmery
11/22/2015 1:45 p.m.

What a port the nurse.I do not know if the part of you are sick is better and I have the splendid idea of ​​reminding you that you can palmar it or that it cannot inject glucagon.As far as I know the glucagon you have it in places such as work, house, etcHospital where there are health personnel.

AISSS and then the nurses want to prescribe, because with examples they want my desire.

davidT1's profile photo
davidT1
11/22/2015 3:01 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015
Lantus 10 (a las 14:00h)
Novorapid 2-4-2
HbA1c 5.3
----------------------
DM3 por partida doble

Better do an aerobic exercise, don't give you problems ..
My daughter does pilates and remains quite stable.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/22/2015 5:45 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Always have HC of rapid absorption, glucosport type, and you don't have to have any serious problems, do whatever you do.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
11/22/2015 6:16 p.m.

As the companions against the Gym tell you nothing.
When I do sports what I do is get the low alarm from Dexcom to 100, they are usually hours of training, so even if it is intense sport, it gives time to the time gel to act, and if there is still a long time left, instead of oneI take two suddenly.
But do not stop doing sports for that.In addition, the companion has confirmed that it lasts more than a year out of the refrigerator because it is already.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/22/2015 6:44 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thank you all! :)

Sweetmery
11/22/2015 8:14 p.m.

I do not know what kind of exercises you do in the Gym, I carry in the Gym many years and with the anaerobic exercise it is normal for the glucose to rise, another thing is aerobic, spinning, tape, etc ... I do not think it is necessary to takeGlucagon unless you don't notice hypoglycemia or if you do it is already too late.But carrying a juice, Powerade, Gluco Up, etc. is more than enough.In the gyms many times the one who is supposed to be the monitor is not to those who perform or execute the exercise to correct, the less they will be to treat a hypo.Do not be distressed for fear of .... We all have or have had it, but for that nature gave us common sense and there is no better nurse than ourselves.So to the minimum symptom of malaise by hiccups, for, class of class and take something sugary, take air and follow like a beast.By the way delighted and welcome one more from Madrid here.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/10/2016 12:24 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.