Foot breakage with finger sensitivity loss

joana's profile photo   11/22/2015 9:54 p.m.

Hello chic@s, yesterday I broke my foot in a quite strange way, I didn't hit me, or fell, I stopped talking to a friend at the entrance of the supermarket and being talking to her I felt a clak on her foot,But I did not give importance, but as time passed and after buying the pain it was unbearable so decide to go to the emergency department.What was my surprise when they visited me they told me that I had broken the 5th metacarpal of the right foot, I was planted and home.Even there all normal, but at night I had to return because the pain was immense and I did not feel my fingers, what was my surprise: they told me that despite changing my entire plaster everything was right and did not press, they tell me that thePossible cause of not feeling my fingers a diabetic neuropathy that is generated because of breakage.I am somewhat worried until I did the tests, my question is the following: Something similar happened to anyone?Or do you know someone?I am very scared.Thank you

joana's profile photo
joana
11/22/2015 9:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Tell them to look at your nerves.My wife broke the warm and she raised three nerves, because of one stopped having sensitivity.It costs her three months to find out what happened to them.That verifies it with a test called electromyogram, it is not very pleasant.It is not the most normal and they do not fall on that.
Tell us when they tell you something.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/23/2015 12:51 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

jconegar said:
tell them to look at your nerves.My wife broke the warm and she raised three nerves, because of one stopped having sensitivity.It costs her three months to find out what happened to them.It is not the most normal and they do not fall on that.
Tell us when they tell you something.

Thank you, I will tell you, but the truth is that although my husband tries to reassure me telling me that it is sure that it is for inflammation and hematoma, that the nerve presses me, I am super scared.On Tuesday I will talk to my endocrine since I have a visit.I'll tell you.

joana's profile photo
joana
11/23/2015 12:54 a.m.

But if before the rupture you did not have neuropathy, you will not have it now suddenly ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/23/2015 3:52 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I think that, you can have affected the nerve by the one by the inflammation that compresses the nerve, quite common if you have a lotDiabetics "For fracture, forgive me for expression but that is a asshole, diabetic neuropathy is not done in 1 day or in 2 or in a year.
Neuropathy, means that the nerve is affected, but diabetics .. how they blame everything to diabetes because the traumatologist too

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/23/2015 9:35 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

regina said:
but if before the break you did not have neuropathy, you will not have it now suddenly ..

gala said:
I think that, you can have affected the nerve by the one by the inflammation that compresses the nerve, quite common if you have a lot of inflammation, or that the bone when breaking has injured theNerve, but that is weird, but the bullshit of "diabetic" neuropathy for fracture, forgive me for the expression but that is a asshole, diabetic neuropathy is not done in 1 day or in 2 or in a year.
Neuropathy, means that the nerve is affected, but diabetics ... how they blame all diabetes because the traumatologist also

Well, if small traumatologists but you are very afraid, and I know that it does not come in a day or two.I'll tell you.Thank you

joana's profile photo
joana
11/23/2015 11:18 a.m.

Hello chic@s I have spoken with the endocrine and they eat that the tests that they did a month ago for the neuropathy edtan perfect, so now it is the traumatologists to find out what happens with the sensitivity of my foot and the why of the breakageWithout blow or anything.I will tell you because at the moment I am comfirmed 31 days of plaster, they will see me on 12/22/2015, if I have the fat prize, hehe, what was said or story.THANK YOU

joana's profile photo
joana
11/24/2015 12:37 a.m.

I went to the emergency department with one finger that hurt me and as soon as I said I have diabetes ... Oh the finger will be for diabetes .... forgive?

tica's profile photo
tica
11/25/2015 3:58 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Chic@s today I have gone to traumplaster and ..... surprise, wounded in the TALON, and now what?Well, to place a heel with a cream and bull the plaster until 12/22/2015

joana's profile photo
joana
11/25/2015 11 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.