Two days between 250 and 300. Reasons?

GonzaloI's profile photo   05/15/2014 7:35 a.m.

Good morning.

I am writing to you because I have been with the sugar between 250 and 300 for two days without apparent reason.

The day before yesterday I had an important hypo at 01.30 that I surpassed with two liquid glucosport and a juice.I woke up with 265 and regulated a newpid dose at breakfast based on hydrates.Before eating 270, back to regular;After eating 308. Before dinner 246 and after dinner 313, having counted hydrates and expanded dose depending on the objective of 120.

Well, today I have gotten up with 254 and after regulating at breakfast I have been running for an hour (I have previously proven that I had no ketone bodies).Now, an hour later, 313.

The first thing I have done has been to throw the insulin ball in the trash, although it is rare since until the day before yesterday it had worked well and I have not taken it out of home (fridge).As for different habits or circumstances, these days, the truth is that I have had a very high level of stress at work, but other times that supposed only some point of point sugar.

In the confidence that it is insulin, you collapse what has caused me this (at the end of the day I will tell you), I would like to contrast other experiences in this sense and know your opinion as to the possible causes.

Thank you.

All the best.

P.S.Novorapid on demand breakfasts, food and dinner and 15 units of Lantus before bedtime.I have not thrown the lantus but so far the boli I use has currently worked well.

GonzaloI's profile photo
GonzaloI
05/15/2014 7:35 a.m.

DT1 desde 2002
Novorapid (a demanda con pauta 4-8-6) + Lantus (16)
Última glico 6,5
Colesterol e hipotiroidismo
Deportista aficionado de alta intensidad

Do you frequently change the place of the puncture ????Do you have areas with lipodystrophies?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/15/2014 9:21 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks, Prado.I have a mental circle covering all areas for days: waist ahead, lateral and behind, both arms, buttocks and thighs ... I don't think that is the cause.I blame it rather insulin, although I don't have all with me.I have punctured two of Novorapid when I was 313 to see if it went down to 213 (my sensitivity factor is a unit = 50 ml per deciliter of blood less).Now measure myself again.

GonzaloI's profile photo
GonzaloI
05/15/2014 9:28 a.m.

DT1 desde 2002
Última glico 6,5

The first day you may have been dragging the rebound of hypoglycemia but the 2nd day is more rare.
It looks like it is more for the Lantus than by the Novarapid, I would also discard it, why do you keep the bolis you are using?Once open they must be at room temperature, the fridge tends much more to encapsulate.According to my endocrine, the lantus is more delicate than the novorapid and should not be very rare to spoil, it has happened to me.
Can the bolis before each injection?Be careful that the bubbles play bad passes and finally check the bisco injection zones and hard areas and let them rest if you have them.
It has happened to me from time to click and notice that I have left a butito and that day I go worse or the following when it has been the Lantus.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/15/2014 9:42 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Thanks Gala.I always keep them in the fridge except in summer, when the temperature changes are more cuddled.I am thinking that it can be the Lantus Boli, and tonight I will release another.At the moment the correction I have made with two fast units has lowered 60 mgms in an hour ...

I will tell you almost in real time.

G.

GonzaloI's profile photo
GonzaloI
05/15/2014 10:07 a.m.

DT1 desde 2002
Última glico 6,5

This happens to me from time to time and I have no doubt that stress has a lot to do.

david29's profile photo
david29
05/15/2014 1:30 p.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

When something similar happens to my son, we always blame the bolis ... although the endo says that it is very rare that the insulin spoils.And as soon as we change boli, because as Padrón peppers: sometimes yes and sometimes not.
It seems to me that when it is time to be high, you have to resign and wait a few days.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
05/16/2014 5:55 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Anyway, there are seasons in which it starts to be high because yes, and then you have to upload the slow one.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/16/2014 11:31 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

This happened to me sometimes, I begin to raise the basal and the bowling of the meals,
Up to two or three days I can't get it down, and when I get it I start with hypos until I take the same insulin as you can start with the climbs.
It is as if the insulin had no effect and then did everything at once.
And I think: "You have to fuck" ~ x (

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
05/24/2014 5:37 a.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

For me that is stress because I when I get nervous, I get up without apparent reason and I have to regulate all doses.I do not think it is a thing of the spoiled insulin, because I have worked even from mason and carried it in a normal backpack for the month of May that usually makes it hot and nothing has happened, at least I have not noticed it;But I have noticed the nervousness, concerns, etc., everything influences.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
05/24/2014 6:50 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am also influenced by nerves in glucose levels.Last Wednesday at 8 he had an analysis, an exam at 9 and a job interview at 12 in Barcelona (he had to take the train that takes over 1.30h).The night I cost me a lot of sleeping thinking about whether it would arrive at the time of each "appointment."I went to sleep with 122 and got up at 238. Nerves without a doubt.

lalala8's profile photo
lalala8
05/24/2014 7:51 a.m.

Dando guerra desde 1993 - DM1 desde 1998 - Bombera desde noviembre 2013.

I think these things sometimes happen because if, at least in my case because the nerves are almost never affecting glycemia, sometimes supernervious and I am better than others that I am calm.
That has happened to me this morning and I have no reason to be nervous.
Last night I went to bed with 115 and dawned this morning with 208, and on top of hypoglycemia symptoms, which sometimes also happens to me (I don't know why)
In my case I think it happens to me because yes and that's it.

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
05/24/2014 10:15 a.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.