My debut

Eva Bajo Picaporte's profile photo   05/16/2014 3:06 p.m.

I wanted to tell you a little how my debut was, and my experience so far with diabetes.
They diagnosed me with 20 years, now I am 25, so I was lucky, I got rid of all adolescence!
I remember seeing my aunt put the insulin when I was little, and it had always been a disease with possibilities for me (in my family it usually gives uncles to nephews), although among many others, since there is a considerable amount of autoimmune diseases (alterationsThyroid, celiacy and even my mother has a weird syndrome called Sjogren).So it was not a surprise for me.So assumed I had to touch me among this genetic history that when I started losing weight, sleeping a lot, being tired, going 5 times to the bathroom at night and having a Boraz appetite I thought it was hyperthyroidism.I told my mother and her clinical eye that never fails warned me that it could be diabetes.I waited a week to go to me some blood tests (I even took the flu between so much) and November 13 (yes, Friday the 13th, haha) pum 500 gr/dl!Thanks to the understanding of my mother of the disease and thanks to his endocrine, he did not need to enter me, but it was an intensive week of day, work and training.They taught me very well to handle my illness and had the new lifestyle assumed.
The bad came later.I was one of those 10 students, of whom only cares about studies and living with diabetes and demanding myself with a perfect performance, in addition to convincing everyone that I was well (you already know the typical faceof grief when you tell someone who has diabetes) they ended up producing a state of anxiety that exploded when I finished the course.I tried to take relax summer and take energy for the next course but did not work.Little by little anxiety ended up turning into depression and I had to deal with it so far.The funny thing is that I do not feel bad because of my diabetes, I consider that I am able to do anything and I have it integrated in my day to day, my family understands it almost perfectly and they believe that I am completely self -sufficient (so much so that ISometimes they give me hypos at night and they don't even find out, they sleep with XD), but it was the trigger for a series of approaches that I had never proposed.Thinking about life and death when you have an experience like sick is normal, and realize that you can never with everything too.

So good, that's part of my story, I hope I haven't bored you.
Anyone with a similar experience?

Eva Bajo Picaporte's profile photo
Eva Bajo Picaporte
05/16/2014 3:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

That evolution is normal.As much as the disease is accepted, sometimes it ends up generating that anxiety and that depression, because it is a constant struggle, which can be done quite well in most cases, but it is not always so.
Those thoughts of life and death, in my opinion, are not a consequence of diabetes in itself, is depression.When we are overwhelmed, when the mind is resisting and struggling, in an inscondiente way, the mind thinks of death as a exit (it does not mean, much less that there are really suicide trends, but that the mind considers that exit as a relief).Although you think for your part, you don't feel bad about diabetes, you may now suffer from the consequences of that anxiety, stres, sacrifice and other circumstances of the disease.
Maybe you should inform your family of what you are happening.A bit of understanding and help would be good for you.Do not load yourself with all the weight.
A hug.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/19/2014 6:14 a.m.

I've been reading the forum for a long time but I hadn't encouraged me to write before.I am a diabetic since the age of 20, I have 35. For six years Celiac also, my immune system and I ...
My personal experience alternates seasons in which I live with diabetes and others in which I really feel tired.I have been a bomb for about eight months and I am delighted, but it is true that diabetes produces a certain sense of fragility and "no rest", counting rations, times, with exercise forecast, work shifts ....And this is sometimes exhausting.
For more than a year looking for optimal control to get pregnant again ... and when I have it diagnosed my nine -year -old girl in Diabetes during Holy Week.She seems to take it well because it is an issue she has known since she was born, but I know she is very stressed and does not externalize it. This changes my plans totally, now it is the one who needs me and I will not know how long the maternity project becauseI am worried about this genetic component (although I know there are other environmental factors, autoimmune ... related). I am so sad ...
Having a chronic disease changes your life, you have to try to be positive and take care of us to avoid complications, but sometimes the body shouts help and anxiety and depression appear.Take care of yourself and rest on your family and friends. It is helping me a lot. A very strong hug!

beti's profile photo
beti
05/21/2014 3:32 p.m.

Welcome to the forum, Beti.Your daughter will arrive very in time to receive better treatments and be able to live quietly.A hug

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/21/2014 9:14 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you very much Regina !!! I am convinced of it.A strong hug

beti's profile photo
beti
05/22/2014 11:55 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.