Hello everyone

Aruky's profile photo   05/22/2014 7:03 a.m.

Hello everyone, although I have been following this forum for several weeks, I have not yet introduced myself.I am type 1 diabetics since 2008, I inject insulin 5 times a day, 4 times fast for meals and once Lantus when bedtime.

I have to admit that despite taking several years belonging to this guild my control of diabetes has been quite bad, and not for not having intentions to improve, but because I have never had clear enough the concepts I need to know to take care of my diet.

Here I see people who know the methods perfectly to know how many rations eat, how many hydrates each meal or how many units should function what they are going to eat.Well, not me.

I have tried to understand everything on several occasions (I have been attended by several educators) but it seems that I do not finish finding out well.I have enough knowledge to know how to guide me a little about what I must eat and what can upload my glucose more or less.

But I have already tired of always going eye and not getting a diet and better levels, not only because I want to improve my health but also because my intention is to be a mother and although I have been going to an educator for a few months to help me go downMy hemo, unfortunately, not only I have not lowered it but I have even uploaded one more pelin, perhaps because of the constant changes that have been making me insulin doses, causing many hyperglycemia and hypos.

I am completely sure that the staff that is seeing me is fantastic and I am sure that my biggest problem is me since I am not sure what I must do to improve and understand my food.

I have to say that I would not mind carrying a relatively strict diet for a few months in order to lower my hem and thus be able to start looking for a baby, which makes me a lot of illusion.

I have been seeing this forum, and I think it is very interesting to see how everyone shares their ideas, doubts, worries ... and among all you help we can lead a better life quality.

That is why I would ask you for a little help, some explanation suitable for people of short minds like me: -s and well, tell you that you apologize for the toast that I just released and I hope you can help me, because I need it!

Greetings to all

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
05/22/2014 7:03 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7
Toujeo 14 (23:30)
Ultima Hemo: 6.6 (29/01/20)
Freestyle Libre desde 06/2019

Hello Aruki, to see if we can help you together.

The diet by portions consists in knowing the grams of carbohydrates that you are going to cosum, to be able to adjust the insulin before eating.

How much is a ration?10 gr of carbohydrates.

Now you'll say ... and how do I know how much each food has!At first it will be useful to have a table where you tell you how many grams of hydrates have each food per 100 gr, especially for fruits or vegetables that do not have labels to see nutritional values.

With the rest of the products it is enough to look at the labels.

I just took a spaghettis package, and puts:

For every 100 gr of spaguettis (in raw) ... 72 gr are carbohydrates.We are going to assume that you want to eat 60 gr of spaguettis, it would be necessary to make a rule of 3.

If 100 gr of spaguettis are 72 gr of hydrates, 60 gr will have X (60 x 72/100) = 43, 2 grams of carbohydrates.That is, it does not reach 4 and a half rations.(Remember that 10 gr of hydrates is 1 ration, if the spaguettis dish that you are going to eat has 43, 2 grams ... Well, 4 portions and a little).

Same first it seems difficult, and it will seem like it to do it every time you are going to eat but that is at first.Then over time, you will learn things by heart and you will not depend so much on the tables.

Now I have taken a oat drink brick:

For every 100 ml it is 6 gr of carbohydrates.If I take a 200 ml glass, it will have twice as much hydrates, that is, 12 gr.

The vegetables, in general, a full deep dish are 1 ration.And the fruit per 100 gr usually has 10 gr of hydrates (although there are exceptions) so it is better that you have a table that you can make yourself.If you want to know what an orange has, to look for it on Google ... you look at it and you are doing the tab.

Looking at nutritional information you can eat everything.You just have to count the portions that you are going to eat and put the insulin.

To adjust insulin who can help you best is the endocrine because each person is a world, but it is important that you understand the diet by portions.

And from mind nothing ... all at the time we made trouble at the beginning, and you will end up understanding it.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
05/22/2014 7:40 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Do not be overwhelmed by the accounts to be done, which at least is easy!10 gr, is 1 ration.25 gr, 2.5 rations.40 gr, 4 rations.60 gr, 6 rations ...

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
05/22/2014 7:44 a.m.

Thank you very much for your explanation Mimbek, it will be of great help.I hope to be able to say soon that I already calculate well what I carry.Another thing I wanted to ask is how I can know the insulin units that I must put into function to what I am going to eat.I know that I should never go from the rations of hydrates that I must eat but rarely (especially when it was or at parties) as some more rations and do not know exactly how much insulin put me for that excess of hydrates that I am going to eat.Would you know how to explain a little how is that going?
I see that your treatment is the same as mine and that your hemo is very good, I hope one day to get it so well.

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
05/22/2014 8:02 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

@Aruky A question, do you always click exactly what you put in your firm (6-4-3-5)?Do you always eat the same portions?

I know you've already put yourself in it, but it is important that you learn the diet by portions even if it is only for the simple fact of eating the amounts that you want at the time you want.The endocrine that I have now is a bit mushroom ... tells me to eat the same rations every day, and that I always click on me ... I prefer not to discuss it, and the medal is hung on top when my hemo sees.One day I did it, and it didn't help me.I tried to understand that not every day you want to eat the amounts, or because one day you are hungry or because you are super tired and you barely feel like eating, and pffff ... I did not get it out of there.

I tell you all this for what you say "I know that I should never go from the rations of decarbon hydrates that I must eat."FAKE.Eat the amounts that you want, and adjust insulin.(Well, you also have to save the line! Hahaha).One day you can feel like an apple snack, and another a Cao tail with 4 cookies ... for that is the fast insulin, adjust and eat what you want.We are not going to be above slaves of the amounts!

As for the ratio of insulin units by rations ... I don't dare to tell you anything.Each person has a different ratio.In my case for every 3 portions, I have to put a unit.Other people, for each ration 1 unit are placed.Others ... 3 units for each ration ... Each person is a world.It is to try, but be careful not to go through the downs.I recommend that you write down in a notebook, with a table what you eat every day, the rations, what you click, and the PRE and Post glycemia.That helps a lot to analyze.Courage, you'll see how little by little you see results !!I am trying to find a video where it explains very well about the portions but I can't find it!If I see it I put it here!

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
05/22/2014 8:44 a.m.

At last!!Here is the video.

Link

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
05/22/2014 8:49 a.m.

Hi, Aruky! How do you get to dinner?
The lantus covers you 24 hours?
Because sometimes it comes much better to put it in the morning.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/22/2014 12:20 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Mimbek, the idea of ​​the dish is very good, PQ, in a plate room, the amount of pasta or legumes usually have the same portions.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/22/2014 12:24 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Mimbek, my dose of insulin varies in function at the level of glucose that I have at the time of food, starting from the bases that I put in my signature.I have to admit that I have never been very good at that of weighing food and others, but I have decided to do everything in my hand to learn to do everything I should have a better food and thus improve my hem.What overwhelms me is that I do not have a fixed time of the day where I can say that my glucose is greater or less, the same thing I go to 99, I have an night hypo (I take an actimel to upload it) and I get up in 134, thanI go to bed in 198, I take my corresponding yogurt before bedThat you know how to explain very well because I see cases in which you carry a good diet (not too strict) and have a good hemoglobin.I want to be like this too!:( and Regina, with respect to your question, I tell you that the dinner is somewhat high because I go to the gym in the afternoon, between 19 and 21, and the exercise I do is usually quite aerobic (bodycombat) andAccording to my glucose, but I have been swimming only for a few weeks because, according to my educator, a less "strong" sport can help me control my levels (or at least understand them) that you think about my situation?

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
05/22/2014 2 p.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

By the way, I very practice the video of the dish, it will be very useful for my learning:)>-

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
05/22/2014 2:10 p.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

Aruki, if the exercise you do before dinner is intense, glycemia tends to go down in later hours.I would take a right before going to sleep (half a glass of milk and a cookie, for example) because the glucose will go down, in addition to the possible peak that the lantus does at 4 hours or thus put it on.(There are people who do not peak, I do not notice in me and when they spend 4 hours or I am a little to the parrot to eat something ... but I put it in the morning).If you go to bed with 200, and you have exercised before, and you put the slow at 23.00 I would not eat anything because it will tend to go down.

Let's see if understanding the diet by portions, you manage to have better values ​​and you also adjust the exercise.Personally I think that if you like Bodycombat you don't have to stop doing it.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
05/22/2014 3:34 p.m.

Aruky, if you go to bed with 198, you don't need to take anything. If Lantus is well regulated, it is enough to sleep with 140 to get up well.
That is why I told you about putting Lantus in the morning, to avoid nocturnal hypos ..., although you have to look for the schedule in which you better fit.
Do not you have bad values. How do you have the hemo?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/22/2014 6:28 p.m.

Hello Aruki

Well, first of all I know it is very difficult.The most important thing is that your doctors (endocrinologist) control those peaks that you have since it is extremely dangerous that they are uploading and lowering the glucose in your blood that way.
I started living the diabetes and not because I had it, but because my dad (q.p.d.) was a dependent diabetic and insulin, apart from the fact that I had suffered from heart attacks and the worst of all had a vice that I also had (I have controlled) wasCoca-Cola addict.It was very difficult to see how my dad wore the strict diet.I felt ugly because everyone at the table eating what we want and taking soda and the super controlled their diet.
Now for problems I also live with this problem (diabetes) and I know how difficult it is and more than anything because apart from all the effort of one, I know that moral support of the people you love most is needed, because sometimes the strongerThat one wants to be, there are things that make us fall.
I am new in all this, just in March I started, but although I just go for two months of 523 glucose that I had and to administer 30 insulin units a day, 2000mg of glucophage (metformin) and glibenclamide, todayWith all my effort I already inject 10 units of insulin 1000mg of glycophage and no longer administer the glibenclamide.
My control more than anything has been for change of life, schedules, diet and exercise.
Each body needs a diet, but if you like that it shares mine, my portion table so as not to pass me or compare the portion of one food with another, I gladly do it.

I/I leave my social networks:
YouTube: Link
Twitter: Link @dayCastell
Facebook: Link
Instagram: Link
Blogger: Link
Vine: Link
Mobli: Link

DannyCastell's profile photo
DannyCastell
05/22/2014 10:22 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2
Lantus mañana 10unidades
Galvus met tardes 50mg/500mg
Glucophage noches de 500mg
dieta y ejercicio

Regina, my previous Hemo was in 7 (in February) and after three months of controls and changes of units and guidelines by my educator, I have repeated the hemo and is in 7.3 !!For me it is super frustrating to see that I have tried to carry a diet 'controlled' by my educator and I have attended many consultations with her to improve my hem and see that she has not only lowered but has climbed a little ... she leaves me~ X (as I have already said, I don't blame her for much, I know that everyone has to understand how her body works and what I need but I feel pretended for not getting it. I already know that my heme is not fromEverything bad, but I would love to improve it because as I said before I want to be Mama and I know that good control is fundamental.The thing is going.

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
05/23/2014 6:32 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

Watch if the Lantus covers you 24 hours and if you get high to dinner.
And think of putting Lantus in the morning, because you can avoid night hypos without lack of bed with high values.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/23/2014 11:24 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.