Food - Type 1 Diabetes

meginer's profile photo   11/26/2015 11:38 a.m.

Good morning, I want to consult you to see if you can help me.I am 43 years old and I am Type 1 diabetic since the 11th to calculat, a few of years already.

I get Lantus 28 at night and Humalog according to each meal, I have always had adequate weight but in the last year I have put 5 or 6 kg q although they are not many, they weigh me and I do not feel good.

The controls are good, the last hemo of 6.3, as the only complication a maculopathy treated with laser years ago and well, the time of swine insulin and others took me.

I have a TSH in 5 and peak, the endocrine tells me that with that figure as it no longer program pregnancy, I don't have to treat myself.The point is that I do daily sports, I go to the gym, I usually do aerobics, step, walking and running on tape ... and the food always.

I do not lose weight, weight 63 and mode 158, I have always weighed about 57_58 kg.The problem is that in cto I try to restrict the food a bit, they give me hypos so I have to take more carbon h and it is the fish that bites the tail.

Tips?.

Thank you.
Elena

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/26/2015 11:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, to eat less amount I suppose that insulin will have to lower, but with all the sport you do, the hypos must be Ordago, I would try to eat less down the insulin and try to do less sport, if what you want is to eat less, spend less insulin, you eat less and maybe you can lose a little weight

xavi79's profile photo
xavi79
11/26/2015 4:48 p.m.

Maybe it would be good to treat hypothyroidism, even with little dose ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/26/2015 5:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Do you think regina?, With so little amount?, I see it little past (it is up to 4 the TSH) so that the weight gain is because of that.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/26/2015 6:52 p.m.

I don't know .., but if you lower hydrates, you should lose weight too, going down quickly .., without problem ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/27/2015 12:04 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

And ask your endocrine to put a diet with less calories?I do not know how your diet is and I think that in that aspect, if you have to lower amount of HC or insulin ... etc nobody better than a doctor to advise you.

I know it can be done because with 15 years I put on 70kg and I measure the same as you.I made it guided by my endocrine and late time to go down, but I had no problem with hypos or with KG again.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/27/2015 12:14 a.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.