Second day of my little "bomber" and 17 days with the same Dexcom sensor

nuriavegal's profile photo   05/22/2014 11:51 a.m.

Very good!

Well, that yesterday we finally put it to my little one and for the moment, although we have to adjust doses (tomorrow we return to peace), it is great and that of not having to put injections ...., come on, incredible.He carries the cannula in the culete and did not find himself practically the puncture, so for the moment, the balance is very positive, although of course we have a lotAsk the experts ....

By the way, here is the first one, someone with Medtronic Bomb uses the remote control device?How is it?

On the other hand, what already megaconfirmo officially is, that Dexcom is wonderful and we have been with the first sensor for 17 days!What tranquility we can anticipate real complications !!

Oh!!!Finally a little look at the end of the tunnel !!

nuriavegal's profile photo
nuriavegal
05/22/2014 11:51 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What good news @nuriavegal! I really are very happy for you, the dexcom is a breakthrough, but an advance.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
05/22/2014 1:56 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I am very happy @nuriavegal!
Ask what you need;)
I have the Medtronic, but I do not use remote control ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
05/22/2014 2:03 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

I'm glad Nuria, that everything goes too, I'm already dexcomdependent, heh !!
I have been thinking about what you said of the receiver, that the signal does not get to you, the same is a nonsemicWon't there be something similar for infrared?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/22/2014 2:32 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I am very happy @nuriavegal us next week we put ours the meter dexcom g4 finally !!!!I am looking forward to the day, especially after you confirm that you have been with the same sensor for 17 days.The commercial told me that they had been lasting about 3 weeks in the children, but I had just believed it before reading you.
The pump for the moment have not recommended it since we carry it quite well controlled (touched wood) and the little one does not complain about the punctures.

renoca's profile photo
renoca
05/22/2014 2:45 p.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)
Levemir: 3-3 | Humalog: 3-2-2 | Dexcom G4
HbA1c (17/12/2014) -> 5,7%

Gala I don't know if it exists, but it's a very good idea, we'll look at it to see what we find ...

Thank you all for the solidarity comments you send us, really.

Renoca, the bomb if they are well regulated and tolerate the injections well, do not propose it, the case of my daughter is that it has been inevitable for its hypersensitivity to insulin, so that you get an idea, in the snack (fruit porridge)In injections we had 0.25 insulin for glucose less than 150, and fourth in fourth there was up for sections of glucose, well, because with injections 0.25 you have to calculate it to the ojimeter, because they go from 0.5In 0.5 and less than 0.25 it is impossible to put with syringe, well, because almost every day we had hypo before dinner if we did not give him hydrates at the last minute and then he arrived high at dinner by the more hydrates for more tosave the hiccup of the snack .... well, because yesterday according to the glucose that had the snack we would have had to put 0.25 with injection, but with the bomb we put exactly what corresponded to it according to the glucose it hadand her sensitivity factor, exactly 0.075 !!!, which was just what she needed!He came to dinner great and there was no need to give him extra hydrates.

My daughter has that problem, hypersensitive to tiny insulin and hypersensitive amounts to extra hydrates too, so we can finally put exactly what she needs !!, I really excite me and everything ...., the bomb and the dexcomRight now they seem to me their salvation.

Well, we have a long way until we adjust well well and there will be days that your lack of control is, but that it is not the daily tonic already seems to me a triumph for my real girl.

I will tell you.

nuriavegal's profile photo
nuriavegal
05/22/2014 3:39 p.m.

Normal that in your case they put the pump .... We use entire doses almost always, we only put "decimals" to correct on certain occasions.

Much encouragement that everything will come, mine although it is small too, it has already been three and a half years and you can "reason" something else with it .... The truth is that in this month we have been in diabetes, I am still surprising dayday with her "forced maturity"

renoca's profile photo
renoca
05/22/2014 3:49 p.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)
Levemir: 3-3 | Humalog: 3-2-2 | Dexcom G4
HbA1c (17/12/2014) -> 5,7%

17 days a sensor?Congratulations :-)
But this year the thing will improve with what is coming.An MCG with a sensor with an official duration of 15 days and another of ... six months !!

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
05/23/2014 5:35 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

How good nuriavegal!What a rest for all, just avoid injections with their corresponding cries ........ although sugar control is more important.
I am very happy, now to take the quiet.
..... and to be able to anticipate what is going to happen has to be a pass.I have not worn a sensor but it has to be good for these cases.

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
05/23/2014 6:25 a.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

GONDRULLO said:
But this year the thing will improve with what is coming.An MCG with a sensor with an official duration of 15 days and another of ... six months !!

What is that gondullo meter?I can't find allusion in this forum.Or I can't find it, or have you said in "Ironic way on", heh, heh, heh

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/23/2014 9:20 a.m.

GONDRULLO said:

Hello, from the Abott "Forget" if you expect a "cheap dexcom", I have more first -hand data, and it is not MCG (from the other you comment, no idea what it is), it has no alarms, and it makes you trends with theMeasurements you take (as if you made them yourself with paper and pen).For me it does not work and the one that needs continuous measurement (that is, a "vigilant" that wakes you at night, driving, etc ..., either).
But the good thing about Abott, is that he has many ballots to end in the SS for which we spend many strips (it is a "low cost" meter) and how the SS only thinks about the short term, because surely they see that it is cheaperThis low cost meter (there is 100 euros a month) than to give 240 euros in strips, and then if they will give it (not to improve quality of life, but because they are cheaper ... but even more cheap it would be a dexcomOr a Medtronic, but of course, that is "cheap" in the long term and as a life, it does not interest)

In any case, it is an advance with respect to glucose strips, but far from those of continuous measurement, although in the times we can find a song in the teeth if, as commented, it ends up included in the SS.That said, semi -continuous measurement.But let's hope that Dexcom will see the wolf's ears and lower prices, because if not, as the country is going, I do not know what we will endure with these devices -dexcom and similar- (and if the SS puts it on top, then it goes tobe difficult to say no).But I put to have to wear a sensor (needle by the way, not filament) and a transmitter attached to the body ... Well, it is MCG.I think.

All the best

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
05/23/2014 9:16 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.