Type 1 diabetes 14 years ago

Marga_rita's profile photo   12/01/2015 2:17 a.m.

Hello everyone:
My name is Marga, I am 28 years old and I am a diabetic since I was 14 years old.
I have never done very well to be diabetic and it is difficult for me to say it in the circles where I move, work, university ... I suppose it is because I do not like people to be aware of what you do, you eat, baby ... althoughYou can do it without problem.
I am currently pregnant and this is giving me a little more strength to talk about my illness.
Greetings to all

Marga_rita's profile photo
Marga_rita
12/01/2015 2:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, congratulations !!!, and welcome to the forum, you will see that here you can share your sorrows and joys and you will always have a lot of people encouraging you.Greetings!!

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
12/01/2015 3:32 a.m.

Well here what you need.Congratulations on pregnancy

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/01/2015 9:29 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I am diabetic since 14 :-)

That you are not ashamed to talk about your illness, that there are more shameful things than that, you have not chosen or avoid it, so to throw forward with a smile.

There is a thread through the pregnant forum, I had my son two years ago, and believe me that he will be super -painted and that the birth will be super good, do not worry about anything, you will have to look at the blood glucose many times to theday and rectifying your blood glucose but apart from that nothing more.

You will see how your child is beautiful and healthy.

And welcome!

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
12/01/2015 10:03 a.m.

What a great reception !!Thank you very much chic@s.

Marga_rita
12/01/2015 11:28 a.m.

Welcome @marga_rita, my daughter was diagnosed a few months ago, and in January he will 14 years.It is a comfort to tell him that many began at his age ... and as @Aranzaleg told you, that he is not embarrassed, it is already quite hard to live with this to worry about what others think.Maria today has no problem, in fact she has written an article for the magazine of school telling her experience, I was more afraid than her to know, but it was her own decision .... I only hope that with theyears do not change.
Much encouragement, congratulations for your pregnancy and enjoy it that is worth it !!!

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
12/01/2015 11:41 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Marga_rita in the first place welcome and congratulations on that pregnancy!As everyone has told you here, zero shame!Here we are all to help us, we and you

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
12/01/2015 2 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Hi @marga_rita I understand you at all.I hide so much my diabetes that now I find myself many times in ridiculous situations for not having told people at the time.I have not overcome it and keep hiding what is not enough that since I am in this forum every day I care a little less that it is known or discovered.In my case I believe that an childhood of people surrounding me demonstrating their penalty is what has caused it now not to take it naturally.It bursts me.Those who sorry or that you cannot eat them and that is why I often prefer that you do not know.
I will tell you that the other day in the locker room I fell in front of a companion the bomb that I have recently carried.I don't even react, he said anything, I picked up the device and we kept talking.I guess there will be hallucinated but he has not told me or mu.Nor do I have a boyfriend or that, so I suppose it is understandable that diabetes is part of our intimacy.

Ele's profile photo
Ele
12/01/2015 4:13 p.m.

I have always said it and I think that the closest ones must know because they can react if something happens.
@Marga_rita welcome!

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/01/2015 4:33 p.m.

@Marga_rita, I do not know if you will have the option, but if you can through the Health Center, Hospital or Intenta Association that approach and talk about the subject, it is still for them to become aware ....
I am trying that from the association they teach a talk in my daughter's school, especially what the Dibetes entails, so that classmates and teachers know that all this is going.They will always pay more attention to what I can tell you.Initially, from school they are very interested, only dates must be agreed.

RocioLlinares
12/01/2015 4:43 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Marga_rita I understand you perfectly because the same thing happens to me, I am very angry that they find out that you have diabetes and begin with the canteen of "You cannot eat this", "You cannot do that", etc ...

Inday's profile photo
Inday
12/01/2015 7:55 p.m.

It relieves me not being the only one !!I was very happy to have decided to register in this forum.Surely I will learn a lot from your experiences and I hope to be helpful for you.All the best!!

Marga_rita
12/01/2015 8:01 p.m.

I also even tell @marga_rita, some look at you with a sorrow, others begin to treat you like a weirdo, those who love you bad, so to tell ... I don't know, I have not had good experiences when I told him ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/01/2015 8:52 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

There is a reason gala, there are people who understand and people who get away when you tell them and with that I have suffered a lot

PelusaGorda's profile photo
PelusaGorda
12/01/2015 9:48 p.m.

I love saying hahaha.And on the beach the dexcom and the bomb that look good, women look at me more than ever, well and men hahaha

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/01/2015 11:56 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

ha ha ha...

I have never had problems saying it, in fact I remember when I told my husband today ..... I had two appointments, and of course you have a coffee nothing happens but when we stayed to dinner it was evident that something would see weird, total that I didn't think of anything other than to say about sopeton "that I'm going to click to the bathroom, Ah!...

Then I wonder things, as I repeated what he had told him, hahaha ... has always been involved in my illness, he has never considered leaving me for that reason, for other reasons I cannot deny you but for diabetesNo.

Of course, I have had partners who have passed more of her, there are the ex, that in the end according to people become ex and already.

The one who loves you have to love you with the good and the bad.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
12/02/2015 9:53 a.m.

I have never felt rejected.I do not proclaim that I am phonetic, but not hidden.
I always tell my husband: we met healthy and married and the Celiac and I diabetics.The perfect couple! :))

Anaisabel
12/02/2015 10:31 a.m.

In cases it is when friends are friends, and with the family I don't think there is a problem and if there are them ...It will affect others, yes without making a circus.I always tell him that naturalness and discretion, with this and with everything.

RocioLlinares
12/02/2015 10:32 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Joe writes from the mobile and that mallll :))

Anaisabel
12/02/2015 10:32 a.m.

Now you are phonetics, hahaaaa

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/02/2015 2:04 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.