I am new in the forum and I had a doubt about the driving license

rmallado's profile photo   06/11/2014 7:02 a.m.

Good morning,
I am a 28 -year -old girl type 1 since July 2012, almost 2 years old as diabetics.I have very controlled diabetes and great analytics.My question is that reading in forums I have seen that to renew the driving license you have to provide an endocrine report.I have to renew it in October and right now nothing about diabetes is nowhere because 10 years ago it was not.My biggest doubt is there a problem for not having communicated diabetes when I debuted?I have read something that if your physical skills change you have to communicate it.The truth that I never thought that diabetes was a limitation when driving.I drive a lot and I worry now to have to wait for the endocrine report that they have told me to take time.
Thank you.

rmallado's profile photo
rmallado
06/11/2014 7:02 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello rmallado, welcome to the forum.
"Officially" if you have to do it but then each one ... as your conscience stays calm.
If you declare it, it will have to renew it every 2 years, I do not know if they changed it to 5, I am not very sure and if you have an accident ... because you know that insurance immediately "look for" stories to escape ...
It's like the one with glasses and has it, if you stop the poli and you don't wear them they can fine you (I know more than one case).
Of course nobody is going to do a sugar test so your conscience.
I was already diabetic before I get the card and I have not declared it and my conscience is very calm but I already tell you that you must legally declare it

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/11/2014 8:52 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Good morning!!Welcome to the forum.
The truth has never asked me any report from the endocrine or anything similar, I have said it, they have taken note and in my driving license indicates it with a numbering, that if once they renewed it for a year only and the lastOnce for ten, now I have to renew next year.I don't know if things have changed since then

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
06/11/2014 8:59 a.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

Hello and welcome !!I took out the card about 2 years ago and when I went to do the psychotechnical tests I told the girl and asked me how I took it and what controls I had.I said good, that I had a good control and that's it, he didn't ask me anything else.He simply told me that "for security" the card would have to renew it every 5 years.But no reports of the endo or anything ...

lalala8's profile photo
lalala8
06/11/2014 11:49 a.m.

Dando guerra desde 1993 - DM1 desde 1998 - Bombera desde noviembre 2013.

I also said it and you have to renew it every 5 years.He created that I have only taken a report from the endocrine, I always "forget", and they don't put me hit ... if what next time he takes blah bla ...

I would say it, every 5 years it is not so much and I believe in our case it is justified ... every year it was a buried

tica's profile photo
tica
06/11/2014 6:14 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I think if you communicate what happens is that they renew it for less time.

A cordial greeting

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/12/2014 3:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

And ... if they ask you and tell him that you get along?Can you refuse to renew the card?And if you depend on the card to work, would it be a drop in illness?After all, you have the disease, you do what you can, and do not control it (diabetes is not controlled, controls you) ... disability?And if you "get along badly", but with a Dexcom it does not imply any driving risk (it would warn you before a hypo) we could ask for it as a treatment "to carry it well"?
I see that everything is caught by tweezers ... I see it a saca-fourths.
If we are wrong, they can withdraw the driving license ... but they don't give us a disability, how do you eat that?

And an endocrine report to say what?What do I have a 5 hem?Well, forgive me, but for driving purposes I think a person who has a 5 -year hem (which is praiseable and in the long term excellent) is much more dangerous than the one with 8, since in driving the serious goesTo be a hypoglycemia, not having it at 200 or 300, on the contrary, the latter is safer (of course, for health, but here they do not look at health, they look at safety), and it is easier to suffer hypoglycemiadriving, if you are flirting with levels of 100, which with levels of 200. Is my opinion, huh?It is that all this diabetes leads him to the field that implies them, importing them a pepper.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
06/14/2014 4:01 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.